Raz Cue - An Open Letter To Duff McKagan

Sosso

https://metalwani.com/2019/06/guns-n-roses-duff-mckagan-slams-izzy-stradlin-for-not-joining-the-reunion-tour-big-rock-band-is-not-for-everybody.html

Above Is Recent.  June 2019

So is IZZY back to drinking, an  ALCOHOLIC???  What  is he implying  about Strandlin? Did he fall off the wagon after 29 years? 1990 to 2019 = 29 years- a lifetime  really to be a recovering  drug and alcoholic. That is a long time to be straight.

Throw  your  so -called  friend  under the bus.  Yep. Yes, you  are so  HIGH UP in the world and ABOVE it all and  everyone.

Sooo Duff  , I guess, downplays  his  issues  of decades ago. He wrote a book  about himself and  left nothing out about  himself during those  bad  years, yeah, but  it  was  a good money making deal. Yeah, he has  been  clean and  sober for decades. Yeah, that  was a  lifetime  ago. yes, people  change  for the better. Yea, it is a good story. An example  for people  in that  life of addictions. Yes he should be proud  of  himself. VERY RPOUD.

Now, he  seems to want to have selective memory about  his old life. WAIT!!! He should totally not  focus on  his  old life decades ago. He is a recovering  alcoholic and drug addict and  has  been clean and sober for decades and everything else  about  HIS LIFE. HE SHOULD NOT DEWELL on the past  of decades ago. He  should claim  his present life which  he made ( author, professional musician, perfect husband and father, brother, friend, community  example, friends with  people of stellar reputations, multimillionaire ) which  is  more than half of the time  he  has been alive and be happy  about it.

He  simply  just should  not  try to rewrite  the  1980s of his life. They  were not "good guys." They did stuff. people they did stuff with  were not  pure and innocents either. That means groupies, stripers, the then 15 year  girl  . Rather than have selective memory, just  say that was then...they  and he  changed....many  things  he was not proud  then or now of  or  was associated with  ....

No need  to mention who, what, where , when. Change the subject to now.

Just  STFU.

The hypocrisy  is  not a  good thing.

About  some of you  wanting to hear new music. I doubt  they  , the 3 members of GnR and the only  3 members, do this. Music  does not sell like it used to. No radio  play.  Older artists in age and  who have been  around, yesteryear, do not get airplay. Rock radio is classic rock. To put  time into that of making a cd  to sell  Spotify, iTunes... not wroth their time, I  think to take times  from their  lives to do that. . The songs  cannot  be   Rocket Queen or cd like  AFD, UYIs which many, most of their know , knew them for and what they play in concert. They are getting a  record breaking  tour  several times around the world grossing half a billion  dollars  by the time the tour ends. A new cd, why bother.  It  cannot  be like Velvet Revolver either and that  was a  long time ago. These guys are old now. Different  lifestyle. You, whoever you are, cannot do at  mid  to late 50's what you did  in your early to mid 20's, LOL!! I get what  Duff can mean  in his  downplaying  of that time in their lives that LIFE CHANGES! I TOALLTY GET THAT!!!!!!  Selective memory , no. Life changes , yes!

Edited by Latx
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Latx said:

https://metalwani.com/2019/06/guns-n-roses-duff-mckagan-slams-izzy-stradlin-for-not-joining-the-reunion-tour-big-rock-band-is-not-for-everybody.html

Above Is Recent.  June 2019

So is IZZY back to drinking, an  ALCOHOLIC???  What  is he implying  about Strandlin? Did he fall off the wagon after 29 years? 1990 to 2019 = 29 years- a lifetime  really to be a recovering  drug and alcoholic. That is a long time to be straight.

Throw  your  so -called  friend  under the bus.  Yep. Yes, you  are so  HIGH UP in the world and ABOVE it all and  everyone.

That's not at all what he says. He just says it didn't work out for whatever reason. Nowhere is he implying Izzy's back to drinking. I listened to (that part of) the interview.

• Like 1

The phrasing is odd, but I dont think he is suggesting Iz is drinking. It does almost seem that he's saying that a very sober approach is required to deal with Axl. Like the use of 'sober tools' is required. And that in his estimation, Izzy wasnt applying those tools. 

*"tools" as in things one learns at rehab and programs to avoid the wiring of their brain and behaviours that lead to and resulted from use.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

That's not at all what he says. He just says it didn't work out for whatever reason. Nowhere is he implying Izzy's back to drinking. I listened to (that part of) the interview.

1 hour ago, soon said:

The phrasing is odd, but I dont think he is suggesting Iz is drinking. It does almost seem that he's saying that a very sober approach is required to deal with Axl. Like the use of 'sober tools' is required. And that in his estimation, Izzy wasnt applying those tools. 

*"tools" as in things one learns at rehab and programs to avoid the wiring of their brain and behaviours that lead to and resulted from use.

Ok then. I apologize. Thnks  for posting back and correcting me and  with a negative attack. :-)  The phrasing  is odd. He said something  , printed there  , inaudible  it said. It  could  seem like he was implying something.

I did  not hear the interview. Hearing and seeing  in print, like in posts on a mb or email to people,  things come out differently that  hearing the words.

"Tools." I do not know  Recovering Rehab Lingo.  Ok, , tools make sense. Good to hear Strandlin is  good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Latx said:

Ok then. I apologize. Thnks  for posting back and correcting me and  with a negative attack. :-)  The phrasing  is odd. He said something  , printed there  , inaudible  it said. It  could  seem like he was implying something.

I did  not hear the interview. Hearing and seeing  in print, like in posts on a mb or email to people,  things come out differently that  hearing the words.

"Tools." I do not know  Recovering Rehab Lingo.  Ok, , tools make sense. Good to hear Strandlin is  good.

It's here if you want to listen to it, around 33'30 in

https://player.fm/series/rolling-stone-music-now-170040/duff-mckagan-the-rolling-stone-interview

I think what he means is basically how Axl said it as well. Izzy's Izzy and one day he's there, the next he's gone. The interviewer seemed to suggest that a bit too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Draguns said:

What do you mean by: "watch out what they are telling you in the previous post ^. Some major details are missing from that story."  I was never involved with this woman in an intimate way if that's what you mean. We came close but things never progressed since I knew that she had mental health issues and wasn't taking care of it.

Someone brought up the story of a teenager boy in Argentina who allegedly committed suicide after he was acussed of sexually abusing a teenager girl who was his friend. The way they have presented this story is inaccurate because some major details are missing. That's what I meant.
I don't want to derail the thread. If you're interested I can PM you to explain what happened.

7 hours ago, Draguns said:

If you think that you can't get away with false rape accusations or  false accusations then you are sadly mistaken. It has occurred. History has proven this in the U.S.   In this situation, she got away with this and  some other things that she did due to her father.  

How would you know that she actually got away with it? :question:

How can you assure that she was not abused for real? Are you either one of the parts?

Yeah, legal systems are flawed but if you're innocent you fight for it. You get the best lawyer you can afford and you fight for your truth.

False rape accusations and false DV acussations can be proven. People who have an expertise in the field can somewhat easily figure out a false accusation. The alleged victim would have to pass some psychological tests and from there, it can be determined if they are lying or not, if they have a tendency to make up stories, if they are indeed subject of DV. There's tons of tools, really.

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

Additionally, if I was ever falsely accused then I would just want to clear my name and not pursue it any further. A false accusation  that has been proven to be false can still hurt you.

Why would you want to stop there?
In my country, the law penalizes people who make false accusations.

If I was ever falsely accused of anything, I'd work my ass off to have that person punished and pursue a compensation for damages.

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

I wish that the women who are sexually assaulted or raped get justice in the court system. I hope more women come out when it happens. Ditto with men that get sexually assaulted.   I also hope that women who are sexually harassed get justice. With that that being said, you can't just say a few cases of false accusations. By doing that, you are undermining the issue. 

I say it because I do not think that there are as many false accusations as you say there are. And with this I'm not denying the importance of it, when it happens, it is really bad for the victim.

But they are two different issues and if you're going to link it to the real sexual abuse, then you are undermining the fact that the percentage of women and children who are actually abused surpasses the percentage of men (or people in general) being subject of a false accusation.

Like I said, false accusations can be proven and they can be proven quicker than real abuse. If someone gets away with it, then we are talking about flaws in the system, corruption, or ineffective judicial officers. Nonetheless, real victims of sexual abuse oftenly stumble upon the same flaws in the system, which can make an abuser get away with their abuse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks @Lio

The other subject ...

#MeToo# was bullshyte.  In season, in style, in Hollyweird.  Even Moncia Lewisnsky  jumped in said she was Me Tooooooo....Don't  forget me  tooooo.

Me Too was started by a Black Amer. woman for  different reason ad  it was highjacked by  Hollyweird  as the lastest in fashion  , cause du jour.

Selam Hyack, who husband  is a billionaire, said  Weinstein sexually  harassed her swhen she met with him  for funding  for  her  Frida movie.

Rose McGowan  highjacked this #MeToo , made it her own  pr fight, her work, and wrote a book and was silent when her  dear  buddy, a woman, Aisa  something was accused  of  sexually  harassment by  a young man.

Entertainers are usually  hypocritical about things unless it  is  awareness about an illness.

Me #too  was  just something to  soud  good , woke about. Meanwhile,  the  whole industry knew about R.Kelly  for  over 20 years to 25 years and  no one said a  thing. LadyGaga  Stephanie was all me#too and worked with R.Kelly ...ok LOL. those lil Black girls  R.Kelly  abused, held captive, etc. and so , no one in the mighty  industry  gave a shyt.

Duff and his  wife in their PETA wear  Ink and not Mink campaign. AS if her  closet is not  filled with hundreds of  thousands of dollars of leather, etc. materials. Duff must be wearing that pleather , huh LOL. Khole Trashdasian , Pamela Anderson did and  no fur ad. All their plastic  surgery  was not tested on animals, ok, LOL!!!

I AM NOT against  women and  real victims of   sexually harassment, sexual  abuse, and  rape.  It is an awful, life changing thing. Scars never heal.

It is  hard to prove in court. The personal effects alone  of  a case tried, I can imagine is  very mentally, emotionally  horrible.

The case  of  the 15  yr. old, who knows who she was or how many  groupies,  and I do not mean that in derogatory way, were 15. I know the woman  who put on her fb page she was that girl, but  we  really  don't  know if it was her. I thought My Michelle was written about  some friend  of theirs.

FACT is a  15  yr.  girl was  put out without having her clothes. That  was awful, nasty to do to someone.

FACT-there was a  court case against Axl. He was cleared of statutory rape  30 something years ago.

The other stuff the guys  did, no biggie. Sexing groupies who were willing, drugs, damaging their bodies, selling drugs  to  drug adult, addicts( Izzy to Aerosmith), etc.

Duff should lay  off they were not  ever  really  bad  guys or would write or say those things. WTF songs are they playing  in  their  shows? Edited  and changed versions  of RQueen, My Michelle,  etc.

• Thanks 1

I don't want put name one person what refered about me, but this story about a girl that accused a guy, i read it in google news with my own eyes. I now triyng find this new , but can't find now. I just want clear i don't like lies.

Hi there! Just wanted to make my presence known. I would like to clarify some things. I am the Survivor of this crime. I met Axl at the very beginning when Guns N Roses was just forming. I knew Steven and Slash when Hollywood Rose broke up. We were friends. When I met Axl it was love at first sight and we started seeing each as soon as I moved back to Hollywood a few weeks later.  He was still living in an apt off Franklin. I never hung out with them without being invited first. I was with them most of the time. Slash would get off work at Centerfold magazine/ newspaper stand and come grab me from the Chinese Food place across from Fairfax High were I attended. I was not only with Axl but the band became family.  I stayed at West Arkeens with Axl a lot and it was like a second home for me.  The day that I went to the Gardner Studios ( closet space from Hell) I went to talk to him about losing our baby. I had hid it from everyone accept one girlfriend that went to the clinic with me. I had been told I was past twelve weeks along, no abortion for me even  if I had wanted one. I was in shock and just hid it from everyone. Axl went to Indiana for a few weeks to visit family. I went out one night and ran into the rest of the band at the Troubadour and  when Slash saw me he scooped me up and twirled me around, which was how he always greeted me. He asked me if I was getting fat or what? I put his hand on my stomach and said " Or What! " He asked what we were going to do? I told him that I was going to move and have my baby. I told him not to tell Axl, that I would. 

I had a miscarriage and lost the baby that night at The Troubadour. 

I was completely in shock and one of my best friends helped me.  When Axl finally came home, I went over to talk to him.  He came up to me and said " We need to talk. " 

You're pregnant. I said "I was" Then he lost his fucking mind! He started screaming at me for  killing his baby! 

Then he started sobbing once I told him what happened. We were both crying. He told me that he had to go somewhere and he wanted me to wait. "Please don't leave, I'll be right back"

I waited and when I walked out of Johnny and The Jaguars side I found Axl fucking a girl over a car in the parking lot. I couldn't believe it! He was not at all himself and I walked right up to him. "This is what you had me wait  for? !? 

I went to get my purse and leave, by this time they were in the outhouse and the girl was puking. He saw me trying to leave and as she stumbled out of the outhouse, he yelled something at me, I walked up to the outhouse and he grabbed me and yanked me inside  where he picked me up and pulled my clothes off. I started screaming and JoJo grabbed my clothes, then I really started screaming at Axl to go get my clothes! He picked me up while I screamed and hit and kicked, all the way through the parking lot. He threw me in the studio. He held me down, with his hands on my knees his knees in my arms, he shackled my ankles and called people over to me to touch me . He had never even raised his voice to me before. He egged people on and I screamed and screamed, while he screamed " Shut the Fuck Up or I'll Shit in your face!! " 

I just kept screaming " It's me you are doing this too!! 

When my screams had pissed him off enough he pulled the cuffs off of my ankles and told me I didn't deserve my clothes! 

He tossed me out like garbage! Johnny X was right outside the door. He looked like he was about to come in. He grabbed me a beach towel from the other studio and wrapped it around me 

Dizzy Reed had called my mom's boyfriend and Vince who had run The Shamrock Studios back in the day, showed up to rescue me. I swore him to secrecy for two weeks, I was afraid if he told my mom she would kill Axl with her bare hands. When the two weeks was up, he told her and I came home to an hysterical mother who had just called the cops to press charges. 

The band ( my family at the time) started calling to find out what was going on. When I told them what he had done to me, they freaked out. Slash was in tears, so was Steven . Duff came to the house at some point to beg my mom to drop the charges. 

I ended up refusing to talk to the detective again and refused to testify in court. I honestly didn't want my friends to be punished for what Axl had done. Meanwhile I'm heartbroken and  stained for life. I gave them the freedom to be something. 

I am finally breaking my silence, because they all lied about me in books, painting me as some crazy groupie, I was never that. The other books lie about me too. Raz Cue is the only Author that did more research into what really happened. Several people told him that it was me. He has done the right thing by fixing the mistake and coming out and calling Duff out. Last September was the straw that broke the Camels Back! He says it's for a fictional 15 yr old and that he never knew anyone that could touch a young girl without her consent. He stood right in front of me and even went into this bullshit speech about kicking any guys ass that would hurt or touch a girl without consent! That is just too much! 

I never wanted to hurt anyone, I wanted my friends to succeed and they did. They also fucked me over and continue to do so by feeding their fans lies. It is my time to just tell my truth. You've all read about me in every book that's out there. 

I am not After anything but the Truth. 

Raz Cue did the right thing and I'm grateful for it.

Grateful that some of you care. 

https://www.razcue.com/single-post/2019/07/02/I-was-wrong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

To the Michelle who posted, if it is indeed , I  feel bad  for you. Get therapy. Posting on a mb is  not a good thing  reading  from anonymous strangers. Lead a  good life. Find  faith. A faith. Heal . We have a national crisis in this country and the law  does nothing really about sex trafficking . Minimal. Seek out being a counselor with non-profits, churches, etc.  that help with  sex trafficked  girls to get them back  whole, healthy.  Too many  young children are sexually abused. Same thing. Put time and energy  helping  at  a Covenants  House  or orphanage. IIt was indeed statutory  rape  in your case....relations with a  minor  with a person over 18 with a  person under  18. Move on for the rest of your life  for your health and peace.

A friend of mine, she never had  any  sexually abuse to herself, but  she  rallied family and friends  to  help support  a  girls home with  presents of kindness  of  nice  things like combs, soap, feminine  products, etc. to  girls who were literally  just  thrown out, born to  no one. I do sympathize with those people  who  have nothing, no one,. Voiceless. They age out  at 18 and go where? Strip? Prostitute? What?  Some find themselves by the grace of  luck  doing ok in life.

Not everyone has a  Little House on the Prairie  life and family. Some adults in your life  did you wrong  wrong  back then by  not  looking out  for  you. There by the Grace  of GOD, not I , as the saying goes. I make  no fun of you  whatever happened or to others.  Just being there , conseual sex, was no place  for someone under 18.  I wont post again. The years for GnR  ,  for them and others by choice and over 18, was rough, ugly back then.

Edited by Latx

I'm not going to pretend to be the judge or some such thing, but I do have a question: Why post that story here, on a Gn'r forum ?

Nobody here can help you with whatever allegedly happened. Quite contrary, you may run into reactions and/or opinions that could potentially infuriate or hurt you. This is meant to be a fan site, afterall. 

I'm sorry, but I truly don't see the point. Hope you don't take it personal, but I, for one, do not know you so it's only normal that I'm questioning everyone involved in this story, both the band and.. well, yourself. Again, I just can't see what the ultimate goal is regarding this post or, what is it you could possibly gain from this, and from a fan based forum ? 

I do apologize, in advance, if my wording comes off as being harmful. That was not my intention.

• Like 3

Thank you. Healing is the goal with taking this stand. I am just trying to heal from the past and what is currently happening. 

After all these years, this isn't easy, it's necessary. I don't want to be lied about anymore. Duff pretending to be a Champion for this movement is so hypocritical that I honestly couldn't sit around and do nothing! Now I am starting my own protest and letting folks know why.  

So no other member of the band were there at the studio when this allegedly happened? 

("The band ( my family at the time) started calling to find out what was going on. When I told them what he had done to me, they freaked out. Slash was in tears, so was Steven . Duff came to the house at some point to beg my mom to drop the charges")

Who were the others that were allegedly there then? ("he called people over to me to touch me . He had never even raised his voice to me before. He egged people on and I screamed and screamed".)

Nb. These are pretty serious allegations, and I'm fairly certain we need to say 'allegedly' here, if the post is going to remain up. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Minche said:

Nobody here can help you with whatever allegedly happened.

10 minutes ago, Minche said:

Again, I just can't see what the ultimate goal is regarding this post or, what is it you could possibly gain from this, and from a fan based forum ? 

She's not looking for help from us. She just wants to tell her story because it is people like us, GN'R fans, who are talking about it and she's involved, so at the least, she should be given the chance to tell her side.
Havent we already heard A LOT from the men involved?

She clearly stated in her post that she wants to make the facts straight because she considers the story that's been published in the media and GNR books inaccurate.

I don't see what's the problem with allowing her present her version. Unless you just want to listen to GN'R account of the events :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Little Michelle said:

I just wanted to shed light on this. I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's conversation. Just wanted to explain what happened because so many folks have questions.  

Who were the other people there? What you allege is obviously very serious, and they would be witnesses to this, something which is obviously going to be very important if you plan on making this alleged incident widely known. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

She's not looking for help from us. She just wants to tell her story because it is people like us, GN'R fans, who are talking about it and she's involved, so at the least, she should be given the chance to tell her side.
Havent we already heard A LOT from the men involved?

She clearly stated in her post that she wants to make the facts straight because she considers the story that's been published in the media and GNR books inaccurate.

I don't see what's the problem with allowing her present her version. Unless you just want to listen to GN'R account of the events :shrugs:

I've never said I had a problem with her presenting her version of the events. I merely ask why here(too), because I seriously don't see how she could gain anything from this. Pretty sure we have already read her version of the events via her twitter/facebook posts, too. 

Izzy was the only member that was there that night. He past out in the loft early, he was really fucked up and sleeping. The other people in the studio were a friend of Duff's from Seattle and a couple other people, I hadn't seen. JoJo and his girlfriend were there, but I know Mary was fucked up and past out too. The screaming was loud and they were just out, out . 

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nb. These are pretty serious allegations, and I'm fairly certain we need to say 'allegedly' here, if the post is going to remain up. 

Why should someone have to add the word "alleged" to their own account of a situation? It's like me demanding that you add "but thats just my opinion" to the end of your posts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So no other member of the band were there at the studio when this allegedly happened? 

("The band ( my family at the time) started calling to find out what was going on. When I told them what he had done to me, they freaked out. Slash was in tears, so was Steven . Duff came to the house at some point to beg my mom to drop the charges")

Who were the others that were allegedly there then? ("he called people over to me to touch me . He had never even raised his voice to me before. He egged people on and I screamed and screamed".)

I think it's fair enough to say allegedly and mygnrforum isn't taking a particular position on anything. However as we've been discussing it for 9 pages I think it's also okay for Michelle to put across what she has to say and people can make up their own minds as long as they don't make personal attacks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Why should someone have to add the word "alleged" to their own account of a situation? It's like me demanding that you add "but thats just my opinion" to the end of your posts.

I don't think he was referring to Michelle, but the rest of us. And he would be right, as we don't know what happened, we were not there and, at this point, you can't take any side for granted, I don't think. Not without real, tangible evidence.