UYI - Boxset (wishlist)

12 minutes ago, acor said:

"2 albums in top5" based strong pre-sale (wich was based on AfD legacy)

Massive succesful 2 year tour- yep, Im sure St. Louis and Montreal concert goers have a nice memories... Not mentioning leader turning band into travelling circus, and founder of the band was replaced by some peasant halfway...

And yeah- music videos made their legacy...

Took UYI out of their discography- they're Sex Pistols

Took AfD out of their discography- they're random pop band...

It sounds like you just don't like the music on UYI, if that's the case, just say so!

To claim it wasn't a massive success, you're being disingenuous. Most bands having an album that sold 7 million copies would be considered the highlight of their career. To have two such albums released on the same day is massive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

It sounds like you just don't like the music on UYI, if that's the case, just say so!

To claim it wasn't a massive success, you're being disingenuous. Most bands having an album that sold 7 million copies would be considered the highlight of their career. To have two such albums released on the same day is massive. 

Im not telling it wasn't massive success (it was, just like Spice Girls were massive)... Im just telling that:

a) it wasn't something that build their legacy (actually it could be argued that it damaged their legacy- I won't go that far) and

b) it wasn't as massive as AfD in commercial terms

1 hour ago, acor said:

Im not telling it wasn't massive success (it was, just like Spice Girls were massive)... Im just telling that:

a) it wasn't something that build their legacy (actually it could be argued that it damaged their legacy- I won't go that far) and

b) it wasn't as massive as AfD in commercial terms

Well B is obviously correct. But I disagree with A. They came out with an unbeatable debut album, so someone like you could say anything that wasn't as good or commercially successful as that doesn't build their legacy. I reject that line of thinking. The Illusions were successful in their own right. Think about it this way, November Rain, You Could be Mine, Don't Cry, Civil War, Live and Let Die, and Knockin on Heavens Door still get airplay on rock radio (and once in awhile you'll hear Yesterdays or Estranged). How does it not build your legacy to have 6 songs that are 28 years old still getting decent radio play? An album that doesn't build legacy would be something like Ceremony from The Cult, which doesn't have any songs still getting airplay and pretty much ended their nice little run.

• Like 1