Significant band locations in LA?

I've been searching for a list or map of locations in Los Angeles that were important in the history of the band. Marc Canter's map in 'Reckless Road' is great, obviously. I'm looking for something more detailed to complement and add to it. The obvious Google searches haven't yielded anything much. Anyone know of anything?

Mates rehearsals

Record plant studios

The apartment izzy and some of the band lived in that slash talks about in his band.

If ever im in LA i woukd definetly rent a car and see axls house :ph34r:

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Mates rehearsals

Record plant studios

The apartment izzy and some of the band lived in that slash talks about in his band.

Honestly it's creepy as shit but I totally would too. Wifeski is taking me to LA for my 30th next summer. Definitely have to put together a list of GNR landmarks before then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Honestly it's creepy as shit but I totally would too. Wifeski is taking me to LA for my 30th next summer. Definitely have to put together a list of GNR landmarks before then. 

I always wondered what attracted to him to that house and malibu itself. Nice place and all just curious why there.

7 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I feel like 

http://www.a-4-d.com/

can greatly help you in the history section, besides the obvious spots like the Whiskey or Rainbow

I am afraid we haven't summarized info on locations....yet, so not much info to find unless you read through the entire history section where addresses will be mentioned.

7 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Tell them you are drunk, Duff is spineless and you hate Matt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

If I know Beta as well I do...she'll invite you right in for tea & strumpets. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Would you not find it slightly boring?  I mean what, drive up, there'll be gates, a big house...thats about the size of that experience.  Oh what, you might catch a glimpse of ol' ginger bollocks, with his best 'get-off-my-lawn' face on? 

Meh. It's not like I'd get out and need a picture at the gates or whatever. Honestly, just off of what I've seen online, the area itself looks absolutely amazing and from time to time I get off on that kind of stuff. Looks like a great drive that I would enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

If you want to buy a bottle of Nightrain go to Terner‘s Liquor next to the Viper Room on Sunset BLVD.  

I am pretty sure that’s where I got my bottle last time I have been to LA.  

What’s more real than buying this shitty booze on Sunset :slash:

I think they quit manufacturing it several years ago.

12 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I always wondered what attracted to him to that house and malibu itself. Nice place and all just curious why there.

If you need to be close (relatively) to LA for your career, but want fuck all to do with anybody- Malibu is as about as perfect as it gets...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Mates rehearsals

Record plant studios

Great suggestions. For some reason, places they rehearsed don't excite me as much as places where they lives or hung out. I'll include them on my list though. As for Axl's house... I dunno, the address is all over the internet and lots of folks get their pic taken by the gate... people's private houses are a grey area for me.