The Bon Jovi Distaster

Bruno P.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Of course for some people it's more about 'just being at the show' than seeing a good show. But JBJ doesn't really have a co-star like Slash to help carry the show - it's mostly about him and his vocals. His voice has been shot for years but it seems like this recent tour has been the tipping point for a lot of his fans, especially with the lip syncing.

it's also about the songs and witnessing those live but yeah, I imagine a lot of his fans checked out during this tour. Phil X is quite entertaining imo, even though not really a co-star like Sambora was.

having said that, it's a hugely popular 80's band, so I'm sure there are still many fans who are willing to pay to see them live, just like Vince Neal when he's touring with the Crue.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He's undeniably at Vince Neil levels of shit now, maybe even worse. When you can't sing the songs properly but still charge crazy ticket prices, the fans will rightfully feel ripped off.

Perhaps he could go down the route that Paul Stanley went down  and have vocal surgery? Paul's vocals now are much better than 2006-2010 sort of time frame

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think a lot of people who are not or not big Bon Jovi fans are kinda missing the point: even if he is not even close to where he was vocally in the past, his fans still probably get a lot of satisfaction from attending the band's show and maybe a lot of them don't give a single shit about the quality of his vocals which I admit I think is not as strong as they were a few years ago. It's all about what you get from it as a fan imho.

Some people don't seem to understand that not everyone shares their opinion.

Last time I went to see GnR, I was expecting Axl not to sound good, but I was still willing to pay for a ticket. He actually sounded pretty good that night in my opinion, but even if he hadn't, I know I still would have enjoyed the show. I'm sure the same goes for a lot of Bon Jovi fans. His voice has been shot for years now, but they're still playing arenas, so I think that says something. I'm sure some are disappointed, you can't please everybody, but I think the majority in the Bon Jovi community doesn't share the negative sentiment that is constantly expressed in this thread.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

it's mostly about him and his vocals. 

I don't think this is true.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Perhaps he could go down the route that Paul Stanley went down  and have vocal surgery? Paul's vocals now are much better than 2006-2010 sort of time frame

I don't follow KISS but doesn't Paul also lip sync a lot of the songs now? I remember around 2019 there was lots of videos showing how much they rely on pre-recorded vocals.

edit: there's tons of examples on youtube but this video breaks down the first part of their set

Edited by Gordon Comstock

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

it's also about the songs and witnessing those live but yeah, I imagine a lot of his fans checked out during this tour. Phil X is quite entertaining imo, even though not really a co-star like Sambora was.

having said that, it's a hugely popular 80's band, so I'm sure there are still many fans who are willing to pay to see them live, just like Vince Neal when he's touring with the Crue.

Yea, just being able to hear the songs is definitely part of it too. But if the singer can't stay in tune or is lip syncing, there comes a point where it's better just to hear/watch their old live recordings. I don't know what Vince Neil charges for tickets but I don't think he's charging hundreds for his solo shows lol.

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't follow KISS but doesn't Paul also lip sync a lot of the songs now? I remember around 2019 there was lots of videos showing how much they rely on pre-recorded vocals.

edit: there's tons of examples on youtube but this video breaks down the first part of their set

Not disagreeing with the fact Paul lip-syncs but if you compare how weak his vocals were on Live to Win to Monster or any live preformance around that time. If i recall he done an interview about needing surgery on his vocal cords. So perhaps this is an option for JBJ given his current problems

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't know what Vince Neil charges for tickets but I don't think he's charging hundreds for his solo shows lol.

He would have to pay me hundreds to go and see him live

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a news bit that said Jon had a bad case of covid last year and this could have effected his voice. Guess it could be, but I saw Bon Jovi before covid and his voice was like one note. He never went high anymore and most of the crowd were on their phones during most of the show. I knw my mom and I left early. lol

On 5/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Just saw KISS in October and Paul went over my mom, brother and I and was right behind us. He was singing live the whole time.

His voice isn't like it used to be, but Paul is one hell of an entertainer and never missed a beat. KISS still rocks and gives you one hell of a show.

Bon Jovi to me was a bore.  Not a good stage show at all the Richie Z had left the band by then.

You can't compare a KISS concert to a Bon Jovi concert at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of power,out of breath,slower playing,improved backing vocals from others for support,WTF IS GOING ON,YOU GOT A VOCAL ISSUE DUDE,TAKE CARE IT AND THEN COME BACK,this is total dissaster and horrible,even Axl Rose could sing some songs properly even with mickey mouse voice back then.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

Lack of power,out of breath,slower playing,improved backing vocals from others for support,WTF IS GOING ON,YOU GOT A VOCAL ISSUE DUDE,TAKE CARE IT AND THEN COME BACK,this is total dissaster and horrible,even Axl Rose could sing some songs properly even with mickey mouse voice back then.

And that version is even edited in post-production with voice pitch correction and stuff like this… here’s how it sounded live that night:

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

Axl Rose sometimes was pretty awful,painful to hear him,but he did recovered from this hell cause he took action to fix his voice,breath supportive machine in tours,rest in the middle of solos,vocal coach lessons,he did perfect with ac/dc,fine with gnr so far.

As for Bonjovi....he didn't protected his voice,he was drinking alchohol during lockdowns,he was bitching around etc.

Sir,when people pay a ticket he has some standar quality to expect from you,or just cancel the fcn tour to protect your image and your fans from bad voice.

Edited by Majestic Beast
  • Confused 2

• 4 months later...

The guy vocally is done,they play detuned and slower many classic songs and in high notes he needs backing vocal support from the other members,we have seen older singers/frontmen with much better vocal quality in that age or even older,if he drinks a lot,smoking or just don't give a shit about negative critics he recieves in every show,then promoters should rethink to book em for big festivals.

• Confused 1