Hats Thread

soon

18 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

I think I've said before that I love cowboy hats. Especially straw hats with a well worn pair of boots. What type of leather cowboy hat are you thinking? Suede leather?  Post a pic please? Suede hats are considered dressy and look best with nicer boots. But there aren't any rules. Get the leather cowboy hat and have the attitude that goes with it and you'll rock that look. 

Right on - thanks for encouragement! I forgot it was straw ones you like specifically - nice! Is straw the type you like to wear yourself, or its what you think is good for mens hats? What are you hats like?

Im not hoping for fancy so maybe suede is out, thanks for the tip. I dont think the saddlery has the pics online, but this is similar to my straw hat. Mine has some open weaving flourishes instead of the bolted air vents. And mine is lighter straw colour with less sheen. I prefer flatter brims, but this ones even flatter than mine.

1V9uPIUh.jpg

Im thinking of something like this leather hat. But maybe a bit lighter shade with some - is it called embroidery? Id like something like that or branding on the brim. And a different 'belt.' Im not sure though. Do you figure someone could wear something like this in a tank and jeans?

tdXywk2h.jpg

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Right on - thanks for encouragement! I forgot it was straw ones you like specifically - nice! Is straw the type you like to wear yourself, or its what you think is good for mens hats? What are you hats like?

Im not hoping for fancy so maybe suede is out, thanks for the tip. I dont think the saddlery has the pics online, but this is similar to my straw hat. Mine has some open weaving flourishes instead of the bolted air vents. And mine is lighter straw colour with less sheen. I prefer flatter brims, but this ones even flatter than mine.

1V9uPIUh.jpg

Im thinking of something like this leather hat. But maybe a bit lighter shade with some - is it called embroidery? Id like something like that or branding on the brim. And a different 'belt.' Im not sure though. Do you figure someone could wear something like this in a tank and jeans?

tdXywk2h.jpg

village5100408.jpg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Ironically, I wear hats less since shaving my hair off.

This morning I started buzzing my hair but then the clipper ran out of batteries about 2/3rds of the way through. Leaving me with a patchwork of buzzed and longish hair... Very happy to be wearing a hat today! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, soon said:

This morning I started buzzing my hair but then the clipper ran out of batteries about 2/3rds of the way through. Leaving me with a patchwork of buzzed and longish hair... Very happy to be wearing a hat today!

That reminds me - iI'm thinking of styling my hair like this :slash:

bd2f0ce05b60e1aa0c032a8ef4e4a4d9.jpg

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, soon said:

1V9uPIUh.jpg

tdXywk2h.jpg

Cool leather hat. Has kind of an outlaw look. Go for it but have the attitude along with it. I think you can pull it off 😊 I like straw hats that look like they've been worn while working cattle. 

• GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

That reminds me - iI'm thinking of styling my hair like this :slash:

bd2f0ce05b60e1aa0c032a8ef4e4a4d9.jpg

HAHA, yep thats the look I was rocking. Well... Im sure that you will wear it as well as Layne B-)

Edited by soon

On 7/11/2019 at 6:09 PM, EvanG said:

I could never do that unless I have no choice. At my previous job I worked 36 hours and I was able to change that to 32. Sure, I was making less money, but the spare time I got in return was much more valuable.

Regarding the thread topic: I sometimes wear my ''Canada'' hat (which I bought there) only because I don't have any other ones, and people sometimes mistake me for a Canadian. Eh?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor camouflage canada hat

Happy that your reping your dual nationality! I must say, that is the most Murican style Canada hat I’ve ever seen :)

next time you visit you should also get one of those raccoon tail hats from a trading post! I’ve got one... never worn it out of the house... or in the house come to think of it. But they’re fun!!

• Like 1

On July 11, 2019 at 3:58 PM, marlingrl03 said:

I wear them a lot....caps, knit berets, etc. Love em. 

I can really picture you owning it in a beret :) Such a classic look, too! I like that yours are knit. Do you do any knitting?

Edited by soon
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, soon said:

I can really picture you owning it in a beret :) Such a classic look, too! I like that yours are knit. Do you do any knitting?

No, but I used to crochet as a kid..my next door neighbor taught me. I remember it being quite fun. :)

• Like 1