Is it me or Gnr getting ready for new 2 or 3 year tour

Slash and Smkc are wrapping up their tour in August 
I will Be There in Nashville 

Guns Playing festivals in Sept and some isolated dates after that
New Record getting ready to record - Don’t Be suprised if it’s a double album 
NO RUMORS or anything like that just the record has been confirmed by Slash -Duff And Richard 

THE thing that has my mind spinning is Smkc are using Gnr Cordless wiring for guitar and Axls TelePrompTer 
Brent Fitz is using Gnr Drum tech not his usual one on the Smkc  can it be that Brent will Record And tour with Gnr - We can all hope 

Slash will not sit still and not tour for long - So the timing is perfect and I believe Axl is ripping and ready for the first time since 96 
if they don’t record a album or tour - Slash will tour with the pit or bluesball because Myles will be touring with Alterbridge with their new record 

Either wAy it’s a win win for SLASH fan like myself 
The time is getting near 

I’d love to see an album double or not and I’ll always go see them when I’m able to. If they could have a hot radio single, I think their popularity would really soar. A lot of casuals have already seen the GNR machine, a hit radio single would bring em all back again. I’m hoping they end up like the stones and can tour stadiums every few years. 

Total guess here but, I feel something changed a month or two ago.  The mini tour went from festivals to include individual shows, another leg.  I don't think it was supposed to be more than the festival shows.  They were suppose to go into the studio from the festivals.  If they aren't doing what they are suppose to be doing they either gave it up or it's done.  I think it's done, ie new album. 

I've been thinking twins all along.  I feel they have enough from everybody to bring 2 albums worth of material to the table.  Business wise I think they have a really good shot to sell two at a time and would keep them back on the road for a long time.  I too agree, if they want to keep Slash, you can't keep him off the road.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Brent Fitz is using Gnr Drum tech not his usual one on the Smkc  can it be that Brent will Record And tour with Gnr - We can all hope 

if they don’t record a album or tour - Slash will tour with the pit or bluesball because Myles will be touring with Alterbridge with their new record 

That would be a dream come true for Fitz to get the job.. Well, maybe not a dream come true but he is great and it would be awesome.. A dream come true would be Adler or a Matt to a lesser extent.. Would also love to see Slash do a Blues Ball thing with Jimmy Vivino or someone.. From what I have watched, Teddy Zigzag was a terrible singer for that.. Bluesball is also the only Slash project I haven't seen.. I Saw him with Guns 6 times, VR maybe 8 times, The first Snakepit once, second Snakepit twice, Camp Freddy once...

38 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I’m hoping they end up like the stones and can tour stadiums every few years. 

I have no idea why anyone would wish for a band to tour Stadiums.. Saw the Stones a few days ago at one.. Stadiums are terrible.. 

• Like 1

I’m probably one of the more optimistic ones and I think we could have a new album in the first 3 or 4 months of next year. But we all know any new album will come down to one person and that’s Axl. I’m hoping that Axl has been working away at songs since November 2018 and hasn’t wasted the time doing nothing. Slash showed in nov 18 to feb/ March 19 that he’s easily capable of finishing off his parts in songs for an album so the time frame can be achievable. I suppose we can only hope. 

(Big 3) GN'R is merely carrying on the operating cycle of newgnr. The tour seemingly wraps then during the interval various bandmembers (e.g., Fortus) release a few statements about ''working on new material'', before new dates begin to emerge, seemingly without rhyme or reason, and the shit show resumes with the exact same setlist as before and all the earlier statements about ''new material'' proven to be utter horse manure. 

And on and on this cycle goes...

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Are you high? That's not Axl's teleprompter, it's the same one that Myles was using on the WOF tour. The wireless systems are the same ones they've used before. And just because Imy James is working for Brent this year doesn't mean Fitz is going to be playing on the new GnR record (although I would love that). Most likely he was looking for work since GnR isn't touring right now.

None of that means anything in relation to GnR.

This.

There is nothing of substance in this thread.

• Like 4