Best Sandwiches

soon

1.  Philly Cheesesteak from Tony Luke's, Philadelphia:

Image result for tony luke's cheesesteak

2.  Italian Roast Pork Sandwich, also from Tony Luke's, Philadelphia:

Image result for Italian roast pork tony lukes

3.  Italian Hoagie from various Deli's in the Philadelphia area...This one is from Primos:

Image result for primo's italian hoagie

4. "Panino con Porchetta", Abruzzo, Italy:

Image result for panino con porchetta abruzzo

5.  "Panino con salsiccia", Italy, and other various places around the world:

Image result for italy panino salsiccia

6."Panino con Prosciutto":

Image result for panino con prosciutto crudo calorie

7.  Classic American Cheeseburger (Best with bacon). This one is from Five Guys:

Image result for five guys cheeseburger with bacon

8. Classic American Hot Dogs, with various fixings:

Image result for hot dog with all the fixings

9. Chick Fil A Chicken Sandwich:

Image result for chick fil a sandwich

10. Classic Cuban Sandwich:

Image result for cuban sandwich

Honorable mentions:  Peanut Butter & Jelly, Grilled Ham & Cheese,  Reuben, Shawarma, Gyro, Hot Roast Beef and French Dip.

(Also, homemade Italian chicken cutlet sandwiches would easily be in the top 10 but since they're "homemade" I didn't put them on the list).

Edited by Kasanova King
  • GNFNR 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, janrichmond said:

I thought Subway only used sub rolls, which taste artificial, do they do real bread too?

Everything at Subway tastes artificial :lol: Worst sub joint around.

As far as chain sub places go, I like Firehouse (I get the Firehouse Hero).

16 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Jew! 🤣 (though obvious points lost for not being a smoked salmon bagel)

Smoked salmon and cream cheese!  I was actually gonna edit that post with a 'I'd love all that New York jew sandwich shit if they weren't so massive, I'm pretty sure thats an Americanisation though, I don't think the jews that came up with that shit were hollowing out entire loaves and filling them with corned beef.

• Haha 1

On July 18, 2019 at 9:13 PM, Kasanova King said:

1.  Philly Cheesesteak from Tony Luke's, Philadelphia:

Image result for tony luke's cheesesteak

2.  Italian Roast Pork Sandwich, also from Tony Luke's, Philadelphia:

Image result for Italian roast pork tony lukes

I gotta get my ass to Tony Lukes!!!! They've been featured on some shows too. In the cheese steak pic you can see the sandwich paper going see through from the grease :drool:

Do spend much time in Philly, KK?

3 - I can get a decent Italian Hoagie here too. So good. Its common to buy one and get it cut into 3-4 sections to share at a picnic. I was hanging out at my friends garage sale recently and two separate friends brought sectioned hoagies from Little Italy, lol. Im 'that guy' whose looked to to bat clean up on any uneaten hoagies sections ^_^

They're sliced with the bun cut between top and bottom as pictured here, but Im surprised that some of these other hefty sandwiches arent cut 'the other way' like putting the knife on the middle of the top and halving it that way. 

4 - Goodness gracious me! Yes please. That porchetta must virtually melt in the mouth?? You eat this in your families castle? :) 

5 - Is this similar to a Chicago dog? Ive had some tasty Chicago dogs! Look at the fucking bun :drool:

6 - 

Image result for panino con prosciutto crudo calorie

The perfect simplicity and beauty of this sandwich is like a standing reminder of the path to world peace. Just look at that muther fucker.

Its like an actually tasty version of the Kensington Market sandwich in Toronto.

Italians make amazing sandwiches. From where I stand I think that your pasta, sea food and rice game seems to over shadow your sandwich skills.

7- Looks great. I tend to prefer a more reasonably sized burger. A Quarter Pounder with cheese feels big to me, lol. But yeah, bacon cheeseburger is tough to beat! 

I demand charcoal grilled burgers!!! Got a good take out near by.

8 - Similarily, I like a simple dog. I do like a loaded street meat sausage, but for dogs I keep it simple. For the life of me I cant wrap my head around the chilli cheese dog. :no: That being said, Ill admit that I sometimes like a PB&J hot dog. Also a "Guac dog." Weird cravings to be sure :lol:

9 - I love waffle fries!!! and fried chicken sandwiches!! Looks like Id need to add at least mayo. I dont think we have chic fillet in my neck of the woods. (this message has been redacted by my cultural marxist campus overlords via their FB thralls) :awesomeface:

10 - I love a Cuban!! Made my list too. I got a great sandwich joint on my block that does a killer Cuban!!! And Im spoiled because they also do amazing ones at the Baseball park.

(Also, homemade Italian chicken cutlet sandwiches would easily be in the top 10 but since they're "homemade" I didn't put them on the list).

I think its really awesome how many people listed the sandwich that they make as their favourite! We are all sandwich artists!! Im gonna copy a bunch of peoples personal recipes. So go for it if the mood strikes you!!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, soon said:

I gotta get my ass to Tony Lukes!!!! They've been featured on some shows too. In the cheese steak pic you can see the sandwich paper going see through from the grease :drool:

Do spend much time in Philly, KK?

3 - I can get a decent Italian Hoagie here too. So good. Its common to buy one and get it cut into 3-4 sections to share at a picnic. I was hanging out at my friends garage sale recently and two separate friends brought sectioned hoagies from Little Italy, lol. Im 'that guy' whose looked to to bat clean up and any uneaten hoagies sections ^_^

They're sliced with the bun cut between top and bottom as pictured here, but Im surprised that some of these other hefty sandwiches arent cut 'the other way' like putting the knife on the middle of the top and halving it that way. 

4 - Goodness gracious me! Yes please. That porchetta must virtually melt in the mouth?? You eat this in your families castle? :) 

5 - Is this similar to a Chicago dog? Ive had some tasty Chicago dogs! Look at the fucking bun :drool:

6 - 

The perfect simplicity and beauty of this sandwich is like a standing reminder of the path to world peace. Just look at that muther fucker.

Its like an actually tasty version of the Kensington Market sandwich in Toronto.

Italians make amazing sandwiches. From where I stand I think that your pasta, sea food and rice game seems to over shadow your sandwich skills.

7- Looks great. I tend to prefer a more reasonably sized burger. A Quarter Pounder with cheese feels big to me, lol. But yeah, bacon cheeseburger is tough to beat! 

I demand charcoal grilled burgers!!! Got a good take out near by.

8 - Similarily, I like a simple dog. I do like a loaded street meat sausage, but for dogs I keep it simple. For the life of me I cant wrap my head around the chilli cheese dog. :no: That being said, Ill admit that I sometimes like a PB&J hot dog. Also a "Guac dog." Weird cravings to be sure :lol:

9 - I love waffle fries!!! and fried chicken sandwiches!! Looks like Id need to add at least mayo. I dont think we have chic fillet in my neck of the woods. (this message has been redacted by my cultural marxist campus overlords via their FB thralls) :awesomeface:

10 - I love a Cuban!! Made my list too. I got a great sandwich joint on my block that does a killer Cuban!!! And Im spoiled because they also do amazing ones at the Baseball park.

I think its really awesome how many people listed the sandwich that they make as their favourite! We are all sandwich artists!! Im gonna copy a bunch of peoples personal recipes. So go for it if the mood strikes you!!

Tony Luke’s is awesome.  My personal favorite but if you ask people from Philadelphia, everyone has a favorite...so you could hear 6-7 different places.  But Tony Luke’s is definitely top 5 in almost everyone’s book.  

Yeah, I’m originally from Philadelphia, still have friends and family there so I try to go back at least once a year to visit.

The Italian panini’s I like the best are from the Abruzzo region of Italy...which is where my family is from.  Just like Philadelphia, if you ask someone from Italy their favorite, everyone has a preference/region....but Abruzzo is well respected among Italians that have been there and tried the food/sandwiches.

Next time you’re in the US find a Chick Fil A...you won’t regret it...and it’s the only chicken sandwich you really don’t need mayo for....that’s why they’re so good.

👍👍

• Like 1

Theres a place near me that did a full fry up in a sandwich called a Yabba Dabba Doo.

Bread, sausage, fried egg, mushrooms, another piece of bread, bacon, more sausage, beans, black pudding and another slice of bread on top.

I used to go there every Sunday before my metabolism just quit the post and started giving me tits a year or so back. There was no hangover that a Yabba couldnt cure. 

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Theres a place near me that did a full fry up in a sandwich called a Yabba Dabba Doo.

Bread, sausage, fried egg, mushrooms, another piece of bread, bacon, more sausage, beans, black pudding and another slice of bread on top.

I used to go there every Sunday before my metabolism just quit the post and started giving me tits a year or so back. There was no hangover that a Yabba couldnt cure. 

I’d be dreading the Yabba Dabba Poo to follow. :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

It was quite common for my other half to go to the bathroom and find Frank Brunos leg nestling in the bowl after a Yabba.

Suppose it’s better in your khazi than out in the wild kicking a copper while being sectioned. :lol: 

On 2019-07-14 at 5:40 AM, soon said:

Spice Lord, do you use store bought chipotle mayo or mix up your own spice bend into regular store bought mayo? 

That sounds like a spectacular sandwich! Hitting so many texture and flavour profiles, will copy.

I'm not too picky, sometimes I'll buy it and sometimes I'll mix it myself.

Do quesadillas belong in this thread? I'm gonna make one for lunch today, with stir fry meat, 'craft beer' bacon, jalapenos, and caramelized onions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Do quesadillas belong in this thread? I'm gonna make one for lunch today, with stir fry meat, 'craft beer' bacon, jalapenos, and caramelized onions.

Absolutely they do. Its not a quesadillas with out cheese though! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

Absolutely they do. Its not a quesadillas with out cheese though! lol

My Spanish is a bit rusty but wouldn’t that just be a dilla? :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1