Black Woman Cast as New 007

Dazey

11 hours ago, Graeme said:

Well, yeah, this is the problem that James Bond as he was conceived, written and portrayed in the mid-to-late 20th Century doesn't really have much relevance today. I loved those movies as a wee boy and always looked at Bond as a hero, but when I grew up myself, I realised he's actually not that great a guy and I still don't think they've adequately addressed his attitude to women as completely disposable in any of the more recent films.

I didn't mean Bond, I meant this idea of a bunch of out of touch old cunts in Valentino suits in a boardroom somewhere in Southern California trying to dream up new ways of being current by adding or subtracting characters of differing race, gender or sexual orientation because they think it offers something to a piece of cinema, Bond itself has been boring since the 70s.

Edited by Len Cnut

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Nobody is gender swapping characters. Read the story properly. Bond is still Bond. She’s just taking over the code name. 

I'm not specifically talking about Bond, im just about the experiment in general. Hollywoods tired old ass needs to get some cool new characters in general ( male, female dwarves or whatever)instead of shit gimmicks or making money off 60 year old comic characters.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

This just occurred to me; did the rehashing of old stories and characters begin after the 2007-8 writers strike?

Like, maybe they never felt motivated to get back on the horse since then?

(Im fine with a persons code name being reapplied and Im sure its happened irl since smoke and mirrors is basic spy craft)

On 16/07/2019 at 9:18 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I think this is really lame. Trivial sure but lame. How about being original instead of this kind of cynical bullshit?

Err, I mean right on! Make the next Bond a tranny or a morbidly obese bulldyke. :lol: #notavirgin

Bad Guy: "You are too late Mr. Bond the world is going to be destroyed!"
007: "...did you just assume my gender?!" *starts crying*
Bad Guy: show us your tits and I won't push the button!

fixed :lol:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, Padme said:

I could be wrong. But it sounds like it's going to be something somewhat similar to The Spy Who Love Me. A team featuring James Bond and a woman who is also a spy. In this case both British working in a case together. And the woman is the new 007

There was an ark where in You Only Live Twice  Bond was "promoted" to 7777 and was sent on a suicide mission to kill Blofeld and destroy his organization after his wife was murdered by Blofeld's henchmen. He suceeded in his mission but was captured by the Russians and brainwashed to go back to MI6 HQ to kill M. He was caught and his re-programming broken and was given a mission to earn his 007 number back by killing a contract killer named Scaramenga in The Man with the Golden Gun.