Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

If nothing else comes out, I'd at least like to see the full track listings for each CD

+1

Was The General ever mentioned in all this supposed 'motherload'? I wouldn't be complaining if it all leaked without The General but it's probably still the No.1 anticipated 'mythical' song so needs to come out as well .  

Edited by Faxl Rows
poo

18 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Didn't Bucket get a song-writing credit on both Sorry and Shacklers? Or am I mis-remembering? My CD cd is locked away in storage (ironically enough!).

Always thought Shackles was a much older track they bought out towards the end of the sessions, 2006ish. Didn't Axl say the lyrics references a shooting that took place in something like 2006 or 7. Everyone was surprised how late it was, but I did read the track was started years before, was an earlier one. 

Just now, Pele said:

There are discs that are presented as the following

Madagascar (old Josh drums)

Madagascar (new Brain drums)

The Blues (old Josh drums)

The Blues (new Brain drums)

Poor Brain having to sit in that old church having to re-do all of Josh's drums

So stupid

Axl will never release this, not will UMG, cause there's no money to be made there.  Nobody will buy it cause nobody cares.   Look at all their unsold $1000 toy boxes.

They make more from licensing AFD songs to commercials and selling shirts at Wal Mart than they ever will from releasing a new song.

The only way we're ever gonna hear whatever was recorded all those years ago is if we take it.

• Like 4

And I think the "Brain re-doing Josh's drums" thing reveals a bigger problem with Axl - once someone leaves the band/pisses him off, he doesn't want them to get royalties

Started with Black Hawk Down and Axl wanting to use a NewGNR version of Jungle to deprive Slash/Duff of money

Do you think Axl would put out new Buckethead material now and let Bucket get money from it?

Edited by TheSeeker

Also, it's worth pointing out a massive amount of the 240 or so reported songs are duplicated.  I.e,

Chinese Democracy (standard drums)

Chinese Democracy (drums up 0.7db)

Chinese Democracy (drums up 01.5db)

Chinese Democracy (drums down 0.7db)

Chinese Democracy (drums up 1.5db)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

Also, it's worth pointing out a massive amount of the 240 or so reported songs are duplicated.  I.e,

Right but there’s still 15/20 Axl vocal songs which is what most of everyone cares about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

Reminds me of this story

http://www.nirvanaclub.com/get.php?section=news&storyid=315

"The first task set him [Zutaut] by the singer [after entering the studio] was to help with the drum sound for the album's title track. Axl had told the studio guys that he wanted the same drum sound as Dave Grohl on Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. The production crew would claim they had it, but Axl wouldn't be satisfied. 

Zutaut asked Roy Thomas Baker and the engineer to play what they had, and found himself agreeing with Axl. 'I'm gonna take a break but I'll be back', Tom told them and then he did the only sensible thing: 'I went and bought Nevermind at the local Tower Records.'

Back in the studio, they compared the two and set to work making the GN'R drummer sound exactly like Grohl. 'I guess maybe they heard the Nirvana hits on the radio and they just thought that they knew the sound, but none of them had thought to just go buy the album and listen to it.' "

I'm guessing Axl had Tom go back and re-do the drums for all of the tracks after he liked what Tom did on the song Chinese Democracy

4 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Axl will never release this, not will UMG, cause there's no money to be made there.  Nobody will buy it cause nobody cares.   Look at all their unsold $1000 toy boxes.

They make more from licensing AFD songs to commercials and selling shirts at Wal Mart than they ever will from releasing a new song.

The only way we're ever gonna hear whatever was recorded all those years ago is if we take it.

Valid point.  I just don't believe selling toy trucks with the gnr logo makes them more money than releasing some new music.  

3 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Can people stop posting nonesense on here stating the same thing over and over again.

Can we get a side thread for irrevelant discussion so this thread can stay relevant?

lol

Were you not around during the dark years

This is how we do

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Reminds me of this story

http://www.nirvanaclub.com/get.php?section=news&storyid=315

I'm guessing Axl had Tom go back and re-do the drums for all of the tracks after he liked what Tom did on the song Chinese Democracy

That story makes me sad, they went to all that trouble for the title track then Axl rerecorded those drums again with Frank? The drums were weaker on the final version, the 2007 leak was really powerful.  

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

That story makes me sad, they went to all that trouble for the title track then Axl rerecorded those drums again with Frank? The drums were weaker on the final version, the 2007 leak was really powerful.  

I wonder if that says something about Frank, from Ax....hmm...

Just now, Axl_morris said:

I don't understand why this thread has gone ugly? Just because people pointing the possible repercussions? 

I’d like to say I’m shocked but after all these years I’m not. Literally speculation, assumptions and entitlement has turned things sour in the last few hours. It has become quite a chore to read through the last dozen or so pages. There’s so much to consider before doing anything and this “Now, now, now” mentality is the wrong attitude. 

• Like 2