Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not much at this point. Through this thread, I've only posted here and there when I had info I felt to be very reliable. 

Over the past few days, seemingly everyone has thrown theories and ideas my way but none of them are from sources that I (for whatever my opinion is worth) really think are reliable enough to throw out on the main board. 

In short, all is quiet for now. As someone else mentioned, it could be that way for days weeks months or years. 

If anything these situations just make me more and more mad at Axl for putting his fans in this position. I can't imagine an artist promising their fans so much, then never ever delivering. Then on top of that, making their fans out to be the bad guy just for wanting to have a way to pay them for their art. 

But I digress. In short, I haven't heard anything new that I'd say is reliable info. 

Cheers Russ. Time will tell I guess - even if we had got one full track it would have been mind blowing. Will take the snippets though in the meantime. 👍

13 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think we may be screwed :(

Opinion or based on reliable intel????

If they were purchased in a storage locker, they should be Rick's legally. Its other people we all know who are trying to eff this up

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Cheers Russ. Time will tell I guess - even if we had got one full track it would have been mind blowing. Will take the snippets though in the meantime. 👍

Opinion or based on reliable intel????

Who knows what is reliable at this point.

19 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

If they were purchased in a storage locker, they should be ...'s legally. Its other people we all know who are trying to eff this up

Fair doos. Time will tell I guess. 👍

Just now, DTJ80 said:

When you say that - do you mean in the immediate future or at all?

I mean, we know this shit exists now. I'd say its possible... maybe even likely we hear it at one point. It just might not be any time soon or through anyone involved with this. Who knows?

4 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

What would our man get in trouble with exactly if caught red handed? Copyright infringement?Like when people put up YouTube videos and then have claims made and they're taken offline? 

I'm not well versed in most laws, but hasn't the "most" illegal act already happened? When the locker buyer sold the CDs? 

There is nothing different or special about this just because it's GnR and unreleased, right? It's still sharing UMG material the same way people do everyday with YT videos? 

I'm just trying to follow along. I don't want the guy to get in trouble at all, but I get a little lost when people talk about him going to prison for the rest of his life. I'm thinking it would be a copyright infringement charge for each track that leaks? (Or just one if he puts them as one file like the Radiohead leak)

Infringer pays the actual dollar amount of damages and profits. The law provides a range from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed. Infringer pays for all attorneys fees and court costs.

That’s per song if they pursue. Not something to take lightly 

6 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

UPDATE: Just chatted to our man for half hour on the phone. 

He Played me a couple of songs     With axl singing down the phone line, obvious unheard GnR.

Hes a good guy. i totally get his issues about stuff to do with this....

but yeh he legit has the music and just blew my mind lol

What tracks did you get to hear?

19 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

If they were purchased in a storage locker, they should be ...'s legally. Its other people we all know who are trying to eff this up

... may legally own the discs, but he doesn’t own the IP or copyright on the music. 

It’s to an extent like any other CD / record / digital download that you buy - you own the right to owning that one copy of the media, but you aren’t legally allowed to make other copies.

The rules and laws may be different due to these being unreleased tracks, but I think that’s its basically the same, for the most part.

7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Infringer pays the actual dollar amount of damages and profits. The law provides a range from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed. Infringer pays for all attorneys fees and court costs.

That’s per song if they pursue. Not something to take lightly 

In the United States you can fuck children and get away with a slap on the wrist and a fine, but HEAVEN FORBID you steal property

"How dare you besmirch capitalism, sir! Your life is now over!"

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I mean, we know this shit exists now. I'd say its possible... maybe even likely we hear it at one point. It just might not be any time soon or through anyone involved with this. Who knows?

Sorry bud - that question was for T-minus as he stated nothing is forthcoming and seemed to know some stuff (not sure if my question linked to you as I responded to your reply). I agree with you anyway!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Sorry bud - that question was for T-minus as he stated nothing is forthcoming and seemed to know some stuff (not sure if my question linked to you as I responded to your reply). I agree with you anyway!

My bad!

Seriously. I don't want anything to be leaked at this point. Not in the way anyone's been waiting from @axlrosefan4life.

"Leak them. You had one job." JUST NO.

I don't want anyone to get in trouble for some 20 year old songs, which we are begging uncle Axl to pay! This is a joke.

At least I know these discs are in good hands. True fan's hands like me, you.

It's not @axlrosefan4life job to release them. It's Axl's & Co. to do so.

Edited by nikosgnr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone noted @axlrosefan4life posted on Facebook earlier - did anyone catch what he said?

And @axlrosefan4life, thanks for what you have done and may yet do. This has probably blown up way bigger than you thought it would so understandable you may go quiet for a bit. If anything, this who saga has given us proof of additional material AND confirmed it appears to be strong stuff (Hard School). 👍

Edited by DTJ80
Bad spelling