Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

17 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

It's funny, because people talk about "How could they do this to us, their loyal fans?" in a thread that has about 50% of its post either bashing the band, amateur psychological evaluations, fictional ramblings and speculations about the hierarchy of the band these days, and generally butthurt, tear filled rants about what we are "owed."

I can't imagine why millionaires aren't bending over backward to please the self-important forum members making demands.  Surely, every single person bashing the band loves to be called a cunt in their real lives, and bends over backwards for people who call them a cunt and make demands.

Surely.   

Some of it is genuine annoyance that the organisation, in comparison to other bands, can't find ways to do seemingly simple things that make the fans happy (which they're not entitled to, I agree) but also makes shit tons of moneys for the band. It's also after endless talk for how many years about all the songs Axl was working on. The longest, slowest jerkoff imaginable. 

51 minutes ago, betterman said:

I believe that in Axls mind many of these songs is songs he is (still) intended to release in some form and some time, and I see that leaks is something he will not be happy about. (rumors of Slash/Duff recording of Atlas etc)

We dont know everything that is going on (and has for the last 10-15 years) behind the scenes. 

My highest hope is that Axl & co gets this out for us fans the right way to buy and enjoy, but of course i`m open for leaks as well. 

True point. But as of i heard (OMG, SW, Hardschool, Atlas, General), Axl took the best for CDI. You can hear that some songs intended for CDII are weaker, and i think Axl understands that too. That`s why he don`t release them - he wants to upgrade them with Slash or bury them forever and wright some new. He made a right direction in 1997-2008 with righting as many songs as he could and releasing the best of them.:axl92:

4 minutes ago, Requiem16 said:

True point. But as of i heard (OMG, SW, Hardschool, Atlas, General), Axl took the best for CDI. You can hear that some songs intended for CDII are weaker, and i think Axl understands that too. That`s why he don`t release them - he wants to upgrade them with Slash or bury them forever and wright some new. He made a right direction in 1997-2008 with righting as many songs as he could and releasing the best of them.:axl92:

I don't know man. Hardschool is awesome, and The General is too. Atlas Shrugged was pretty decent from what i've heard. Nothing worse than what was on Chinese Democracy. The only leaked song i don't like is Silkworms.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Blaming TB is just a kneejerk reaction which in this particular case doesn't really make a lot of sense. We got some unexpected treats and were hoping for a lot more, even expecting it. That's how I took it as well. So of course there's a lot of disappointment and frustration it didn't work out as we'd hoped or expected, for now at least.

But in this case, what could TB have done? Give us all of the stuff over the weekend? Seems a bit farfetched, plus no one really knows what legal ramifications leaks could have. Who else is involved? Is Universal (part) owner of the stuff? Would Axl be allowed to just hand over the stuff like that, even if he wanted? (I'm not saying he wants to do any such thing.) I doubt that.

When something doesn't work out as we had hoped, many revert to what they know best: blame TB. I am not their biggest fan, but I'm sure they aren't the ones holding off a release.

• Like 4

My guess would be: I'm certain ARF4L intended to share with everyone but most likely was contacted by Lawyers to cease any such action.

I've spoken to him before (over messages) and he's a genuinely real good guy. I would prefer he didn't share these files if it meant getting in trouble financially, as much as I'd love to hear the files as well.

Hopefully when things calm down he's able to give us all an update and perhaps some descriptions of what he has heard.

Also I assume the guy that sold the cds made digital copies as well, so it' possible we will still get to hear stuff one day. And hopefully the general too.

Edited by Sonicjam

18 minutes ago, Lio said:

Blaming TB is just a kneejerk reaction which in this particular case doesn't really make a lot of sense. We got some unexpected treats and were hoping for a lot more, even expecting it. That's how I took it as well. So of course there's a lot of disappointment and frustration it didn't work out as we'd hoped or expected, for now at least.

But in this case, what could TB have done? Give us all of the stuff over the weekend? Seems a bit farfetched, plus no one really knows what legal ramifications leaks could have. Who else is involved? Is Universal (part) owner of the stuff? Would Axl be allowed to just hand over the stuff like that, even if he wanted? (I'm not saying he wants to do any such thing.) I doubt that.

When something doesn't work out as we had hoped, many revert to what they know best: blame TB. I am not their biggest fan, but I'm sure they aren't the ones holding off a release.

Out of reactions. Couldn't agree more!

21 minutes ago, Lio said:

It’s not a matter of what the Guns camp has done today rather what they’ve been doing for decades now, which is not releasing music and treating the hardcore fans like crap. We are starved for material. Instead they release these little toy trucks and airplane merchandise, tour endlessly, and offer us NO communication regarding the future of new material. Rather, the fans that are appreciated by the band are the ones willing to drop 1,000+ dollars for a AFD toy box or for insanely priced ticket prices. But the fans that actually want to hear some artistic endeavors are greeted with endless bullshitting from the band, even the manager himself coming on here and saying that we just received new music in the form of SOYL, a 30+ year old song! I’m sorry, but how can you NOT blame management of the band for us hardcore fans disappointment? The Guns camp actively will not let us give them money for new material. Yet you come on here and defend them? Come on dude. What could’ve TB done? Manage the band like any other all these years and communicate with us like we aren’t a bunch of damn peasants, so we wouldn’t be in a position to BE disappointed and upset.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What I have been doing for some time now is disengage from the forum and more so from GNR. Still care. But disengage to the point I'm not tormented.

I mean they can't even release proshots and the only live album...isn't live! :lol:

I think official releases of new material is on the horizon. But yeah it's a shame if @Dexter just perceives our enthusiasm as an irritating burden. You'd think not having loyal fans like us and nobody caring about your work would be worse.

If that's the case then me too.

It’s pretty ridiculous of me to be this upset and invested, which I’m fully realizing and admitting, but then again, my username is AxlRoseCDII  in my utmost defense :lol:

The thing with Guns N' Roses for me right now is the fact that we don't know anything. From their side, they could be preparing something awsome, which I don't believe, but from a fan's perspective this is all getting boring and frustrating. I mean, I coud totally get it if they told or showed us a snippet that they are doing something else other than booking concert dates, but the are doing nothing. All we have right now are those hoarders that try to lure people into paying exorbitant amounts for those ''leaks'' and that is all there is unless I'm missing something. So, what now ? I've grown out of patience waiting, without anything visible on the horrizon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bumbleslash69 said:

I'd have to think the TB angle is to eliminate everything CD-era related to not tarnish the current band's nostalgia gimmick. They probably want to control the narrative and not have a ton of stories about this popping up, band members being asked questions, etc. 

The irony of TB now trying to quash anything CD era related to promote the old band. To say you couldn't have made this shit up 10 years ago....

By all metrics I talk too much :lol: Heck, a quick scroll through the AG section and one can easily discover what brand of home appliances I find most dependable :lol:

But I cant for the life of me think of anything to say about any of this. Would be fucking cool if we get new music 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The dream is dead. We’ll never hear these songs. Just call it a day guys, may as well shut down this thread while we’re at it. No point in talking about what will never be. I hate this band.

Just as a heads up we probably are going to lock this thread later today if no more updates are forthcoming.

It's looking like the time has passed for the moment for whatever reason. I personally think it's likely more stuff will come out eventually but realistically that might not be anytime soon or even in the next year or two.

Someone upthread mentioned the excitement turning to frustration and I think we can all see that happening - we'd rather the thread isn't derailed into a long rage fest against any or all parties that might be involved.

On 7/28/2019 at 12:27 AM, WhazUp said:

To me this is the Chinese "Holy Grail" stuff to me - over a dozen new, unheard, Axl-vocal-tracked songs that are not simply alternate takes of songs we all know?  And then PLUS with the CD songs we all know, most of them in demo form when CD was to me at its most sonically adventurous period?  Sign me up!  This is the stuff we have all been waiting for :headbang:

Nothing will top the excitement of Slash being back in GNR to me, but this is something that I have wanted ever since I heard the first initial run of CD leaks over a decade ago now

No way. Anything with Bucket and Brain with vocals on it is Holy Grail. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Just as a heads up we probably are going to lock this thread later today if no more updates are forthcoming.

It's looking like the time has passed for the moment for whatever reason. I personally think it's likely more stuff will come out eventually but realistically that might not be anytime soon or even in the next year or two.

Someone upthread mentioned the excitement turning to frustration and I think we can all see that happening - we'd rather the thread isn't derailed into a long rage fest against any or all parties that might be involved.

Definitely a good idea. 

I think everyone is a frustrated as each other now. Time for us all, mentally, to put the prospect of hearing fresh stuff to bed again. 

• Like 1

In happier news, Planet Rock (UK radio station) have just said that new material is coming towards the end of the year. Said something along the lines of "I don't know about a new album, but keep your eye on film soundtracks towards the end of the year, and an EP early next year".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

In happier news, Planet Rock (UK radio station) have just said that new material is coming towards the end of the year. Said something along the lines of "I don't know about a new album, but keep your eye on film soundtracks towards the end of the year, and an EP early next year".

Next Bat-Time, Next Bat-Channel, tentative date? we know the drill.

• Like 2