Best Chicken

soon

Best fried - Popeyes 

Best Rotisserie - St Hubert

Best Homemade - Chicken Paprikash, BBQ Pulled Chicken, Chicken Pie, Hot Wings 

Best frozen - Swiss Melts

Best fast food - KFC Spicy Big Crunch, McDonalds Nuggets with sweet and sour sauce 

Best dish at proper restaurant - Thai Green Curry, Piccata 

Best regional - Tennessee Hot Chicken

Edited by soon

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is not the calibre of the chicken not to a great extent dependent on the dish you order, unless of course you're comparing organic farmed chickens to poor battery chickens grown in some hideous factory?

When I buy a whole bird its usually from a pals bio dynamic, organic, free range farm. The quality is 1000s of times better then the factory birds. Ive bought some factory chickens from the store and I was hard pressed to locate fully developed meat on parts of it that should have had plump cuts, its all this filmy connective tissue stuff instead. But when I crave some take out fried chicken I dont really notice the chickens quality so much. Just get this grease in my face, lol.

Would love to keep some laying hens one day!

13 minutes ago, soon said:

That fried chicken looks incredible!! Extra crispy looking, almost like tempura? What a cool space too. Worth the smell of all that piss even!

I plan a New Orleans food tour, will add this to the list 

You need to check out Elizabeth’s for breakfast too. :thumbsup: 

https://www.elizabethsrestaurantnola.com/

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You need to check out Elizabeth’s for breakfast too. :thumbsup: 

https://www.elizabethsrestaurantnola.com/

Fuck yeah! Thanks! Looks incredible. Like obsess over it incredible. The pic is of poached eggs with Hollandaise on breakfast grits with roast potatoes and fried oysters?? :wow::drool::headbang:

kIkilAKh.png

I need to eat that. I think its grits (maybe country gravy?) and if so it reminds me of my first food experience in the South. At a truck stop dinner I asked the waiter what grits were and she said "I dont know what they is but it real good." And little did I know, thus began my journey to Elizibeths :drool:

Edited by soon

27 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Best fried - Popeyes - is the worst chicken I've ever had. literally disgusting.

Best fast food - KFC  & McDonald's Nuggets with sweet and sour sauce - Agreed. Both are my favorite.

Loves McNuggets, hates Popeyes. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you a Trump supporter! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Best fried - Popeyes - is the worst chicken I've ever had. literally disgusting.

Best fast food - KFC  & McDonald's Nuggets with sweet and sour sauce - Agreed. Both are my favorite.

You know, an Englishmen said the same to me. I’m wondering if they hold themselves to a different standard where I’m from? It’s way better then kfc here. It’s taking a lot of customers over.

do they brine it over there in all the herbs and spices? I’m seriously interested in getting to the bottom of the mystery. Because I can garautee this much: it ain’t my palette that’s off. 

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I last ate a big mac about 2003 when I was coming back from France and was in Newcastle at some ungodly hour. Not the smartest decision I have ever made. 

Had it been today you could've gotten a Munchy Box. I'm still waiting for them to make their way down here.

13 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Had it been today you could've gotten a Munchy Box. I'm still waiting for them to make their way down here.

I would rather eat the maggot infested contents of my bin than one of those things, which come to think of it, is probably what is contained in a Munchy Box. 

1 minute ago, soon said:

I bet you cook an amazing roast chicken though?

I'm more a Chinese-Japanese cook actually (thus validating my credentials as a Little Englander). If you want a roast chicken my mother does an excellent one. Shove butter up the skin. Put rashers of bacon on the top.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm more a Chinese-Japanese cook actually (thus validating my credentials as a Little Englander). If you want a roast chicken my mother does an excellent one. Shove butter up the skin. Put rashers of bacon on the top.

Sounds tasty - thanks!

I still use that chinese restaurant trick you taught me with the chopped chicken being tossed in flour (or is it conrstarch - I have it written down in my cook book).

Some maple teriyaki maybe 

6 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Chicken really doesn't excite me, so I don't eat it. If a dish needs it I use Quorn or tofu. 

dZybHuYh.png?2

:lol:

Spoiler

I sure hope that Brits know the phrase "winner winner chicken dinner" :nervous::lol:

Spoiler

And what the fuck is Quorn? Is that Yorkshire for Corn? 

• Haha 1