Mens Health

soon

You just better start sniffin'
Your own rank subjugation, jack
'Cause it's just you against your tattered libido
The bank and the mortician forever, man
And it wouldn't be luck if you could get
Out of life alive

Hey, men of mygnrforum, how's your junk?

And all things 'mens health' as discussed by everyone :) 

Edited by soon

I thought about this just the other day, that I haven't been to the doctor since 2008, and that was just to get pills for hay fever. 

I don't know, what can I say, I'm a relatively young guy and I've never had any real health issues yet. I got hit by a car last year, totally smashed my bike in two and I hit the ground pretty hard, but I didn't have a scratch on me oddly enough, so I didn't bother going to the doctor.

Sort of brown shaft with a mushroom head?

But really :lol:  No, yeah, fuck that shit.  Nothing wrong with me, whats the point in going to the doctors?  By the grace of the illmatic I've never really had nothing wrong with me, I'll be damned if I'm fuckin' obssessing about cancer or my nob or...I don't even know what all the shit is that people worrry or get check ups about.  Stopped smoking gear and getting pissed lately, been months, I guess thats health related but it weren't for health reasons, just sort of automatically happened.  I'm 6'4, weigh 13 stone, no identifiable fuckin' illnesses or nothing.  And I don't really eat healthy either, never have.  Just get some meat and veg in your life every day and you'll do alright.  I got a habit that I've had for a few years of doing press ups every day, probably bang out about 200 odd a day, give or take.  I take my coffee black no sugar, I don't really eat sweets crisps and cake and shit, I don't really feel no gyp off of anything so why worry about my health?  I feel like when its your time its your time but like, fuck, lifes too short to worry about this bullshit.  If I ever start getting fat I'll just go out and do some roadwork, get on my Ray Robinson thing and run 5 miles a day or something. 

I feel like good health is easy, people complicate this thing but human beings are perfectly designed and given everything on earth just in and of ourselves to live perfectly healthy.  Like I said, don't eat sweets and crisps like a fuckin' 5 yr old,  get some meat and veg in your life, never eat just for the sake of it, for exercise you got everything you need in your bodyweight to be healthy as fuck, chin ups, press ups, sit ups, running, that'll handle it.  And water.  Lots of water.  Lay off the fuckin' fizzy drinks.  After that if you like a toke or a bit of a booze up then why not?  Nobody wants to live like a fuckin' monk. 

But then I know plenty of people that eat and drink whatever the fuck they like and have done all their lives and they're fit as a fiddle.  The thing to do is work.  Proper work.  Every meal you eat you should pay for that shit.  Like work it off.  Do something physically with your life and don't just sit around like a fat lazy cunt. 

I agree. I don't live a very healthy lifestyle, I should probably eat more fruit and vegetables, but I always feel it evens itself out because I don't have many bad habits either. I don't stuff my face all day long. I have never smoked. I don't do drugs. I only drink water on a daily basis. I don't depend on those toxic energy drinks like Red Bull and all that crap that a lot of people can't go without nowadays. I stopped drinking coffee years ago. I don't work out and haven't done any sports since I quit football at 16, but I ride my bike a lot because I don't own a car right now, so I'm in great shape really. I drink alcohol, maybe too much at times, but if that's my only vice, I think I'm good.

PiIulL3h.png

I believe in good diet. I consume stinging nettle tea to support prostate health. And milky oat tip tea to support my musculoskeletal system because a lot is expected of our bodies. I make a tincture of black maca for energy - and it also increases virility, bonus.

I drink a liquid multi vitamin and minerals. I try to consume mushroom and spinach everyday. I very my protein sources from tempeh, beans, dairy, salmon, meats, whey protein powder, and especially beef. This time last year my b.o got funky and I discovered thats the result of eating entirely too much red meat :headbang:

With gardening season Im off of my diet game. Living on banh mi and dosa. I did a pot roast and thats the meal at home. But I think variation is good and gardening is a very healthy activity. First lunch is a sandwich, chips and mineral water alone at the park - thats my man as an island time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Sort of brown shaft with a mushroom head?

But really :lol:  No, yeah, fuck that shit.  Nothing wrong with me, whats the point in going to the doctors?  By the grace of the illmatic I've never really had nothing wrong with me, I'll be damned if I'm fuckin' obssessing about cancer or my nob or...I don't even know what all the shit is that people worrry or get check ups about.  Stopped smoking gear and getting pissed lately, been months, I guess thats health related but it weren't for health reasons, just sort of automatically happened.  I'm 6'4, weigh 13 stone, no identifiable fuckin' illnesses or nothing.  And I don't really eat healthy either, never have.  Just get some meat and veg in your life every day and you'll do alright.  I got a habit that I've had for a few years of doing press ups every day, probably bang out about 200 odd a day, give or take.  I take my coffee black no sugar, I don't really eat sweets crisps and cake and shit, I don't really feel no gyp off of anything so why worry about my health?  I feel like when its your time its your time but like, fuck, lifes too short to worry about this bullshit.  If I ever start getting fat I'll just go out and do some roadwork, get on my Ray Robinson thing and run 5 miles a day or something. 

I feel like good health is easy, people complicate this thing but human beings are perfectly designed and given everything on earth just in and of ourselves to live perfectly healthy.  Like I said, don't eat sweets and crisps like a fuckin' 5 yr old,  get some meat and veg in your life, never eat just for the sake of it, for exercise you got everything you need in your bodyweight to be healthy as fuck, chin ups, press ups, sit ups, running, that'll handle it.  And water.  Lots of water.  Lay off the fuckin' fizzy drinks.  After that if you like a toke or a bit of a booze up then why not?  Nobody wants to live like a fuckin' monk. 

But then I know plenty of people that eat and drink whatever the fuck they like and have done all their lives and they're fit as a fiddle.  The thing to do is work.  Proper work.  Every meal you eat you should pay for that shit.  Like work it off.  Do something physically with your life and don't just sit around like a fat lazy cunt. 

Good motivation to get some more exercising in. Right on man!

Actually your post makes me picture you in some 80s action movie montage. Our hero wakes up, sits on the edge of his bed in a beater and lights a smoke. London's Calling plays. Does pull-ups while smoking, drinks egg yokes and all that jazz. hehe

Im lucky to have some natural/built in upper body muscle. So Ive coasted on that a bit maybe, and I also stay active now that I can. Volunteering at the food banks warehouse is good work out too, should do that more. Gonna install a pull up bar. 200 press ups, fuck me!! Well done!.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Good motivation to get some more exercising in. Right on man!

Actually your post makes me picture you in some 80s action movie montage. Our hero wakes up, sits on the edge of his bed in a beater and lights a smoke. London's Calling plays. Does pull-ups while smoking, drinks egg yokes and all that jazz. hehe

Im lucky to have some natural/built in upper body muscle. So Ive coasted on that a bit maybe, and I also stay active now that I can. Volunteering at the food banks warehouse is good work out too, should do that more. Gonna install a pull up bar. 200 press ups, fuck me!! Well done!.

I don't smoke :lol:  I have been known to drink egg yolks though.  200 really ain't a lot.  People do 500, 800, 1000, 1500.  I'd just rather do a little regular cuz you can fit it around your day whereas when you do loads like that you tend to stop doing it after a while cuz its that much harder obviously.  I know lads who box who do 1000 push ups a day and 2000 sit ups.  Its not that hard, you can build up to it in a pretty short space of time.  What I do is paltry really.  I feel like if i do a little I'll do it every day and keep it up though.  Used to have a punchbag in my back garden, now there's a fuckin' workout, go balls out on one of those 20 mins a day, thats a serious workout.  I just hate gyms.  I've always been very suspicious of weights too.  And people wanting to get big.  I feel like you are what you are and your body has certain limits within which it comfortably grows to, usually with bodyweight exercises and if you ain't naturally big then it just ain't you.  Someone like Mike Tyson got huge through calisthenics cuz he was just naturally big.  But if you're not then you're not, just be what you are.

42 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't smoke :lol:  I have been known to drink egg yolks though.  200 really ain't a lot.  People do 500, 800, 1000, 1500.  I'd just rather do a little regular cuz you can fit it around your day whereas when you do loads like that you tend to stop doing it after a while cuz its that much harder obviously.  I know lads who box who do 1000 push ups a day and 2000 sit ups.  Its not that hard, you can build up to it in a pretty short space of time.  What I do is paltry really.  I feel like if i do a little I'll do it every day and keep it up though.  Used to have a punchbag in my back garden, now there's a fuckin' workout, go balls out on one of those 20 mins a day, thats a serious workout.  I just hate gyms.  I've always been very suspicious of weights too.  And people wanting to get big.  I feel like you are what you are and your body has certain limits within which it comfortably grows to, usually with bodyweight exercises and if you ain't naturally big then it just ain't you.  Someone like Mike Tyson got huge through calisthenics cuz he was just naturally big.  But if you're not then you're not, just be what you are.

You don’t smoke? My imaginary Len and you should meet. :lol: But dang you had a punching bag in your garden so action hero montage restored!! Bad ass.

good way to go about it too - not to extreme but consistent. Enough to have an impact.

im gonna accept this as a challenge - 200 push ups a day, coming soon! The sports medicine dr who gave me the okay to swim earlier this year said i will have to “dust out the cob webs” as I get more active. So slow and steady.

just did 10. Made my toes ache :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

You don’t smoke? My imaginary Len and you should meet. :lol: But dang you had a punching bag in your garden so action hero montage restored!! Bad ass.

good way to go about it too - not to extreme but consistent. Enough to have an impact.

im gonna accept this as a challenge - 200 push ups a day, coming soon! The sports medicine dr who gave me the okay to swim earlier this year said i will have to “dust out the cob webs” as I get more active. So slow and steady.

just did 10. Made my toes ache :lol:

Just knock out ten every day but like, do it every 5 times a day, thats 50 for a kick off.  If you think about it how long does it take to do 10 press ups?  No time at all, just drop at random points in the day when you got a little bit of room (not in the middle of fuckin' Tescos, I mean like obviously somewhere private, not the mens room at Tescos :lol:  You know what I mean!)  Then just keep building and building and building.  The thing that fucks people up I find is like, goals.  Some people are like 'a six pack in six months' or whatever and when they don't get it its depressing, its just something you gotta make your mind up about that like, OK, i wanna do this EVERYDAY, not cuz of a six pack or fuckin'...whatever vain fuckin' bollocks people are into but because its just what I'm gonna do.  Eventually you see and feel the results but who cares if its not in six months or a year or even two years...cuz hey, you're gonna do it one way or another right? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

I want to drop 30 pounds...I currently weigh about 216 and wanna drop to 185...any tips you guys could give me to get me started?

Good stuff! :headbang:

Hopefully others will have better advice. I actually have to focus on keeping my weight up (because of a condition). But I did loose some weight when I started on pre biotics and probiotics. Maybe thats something that youre up to speed on - seems to be a trend? Also lots of fibre to aid in digestions. I got this powder of flax with a few probiotics mixed into it. I stir that into yogurt which, if fresh and stored properly, is probiotic. All this is to support gut health. If any of that interests you, there are even everyday foods that are prebiotic that you can eat more of.

Also if you can avoid fructose, and sugar in general to an extent. Fructose is so easily absorbed into the blood. Then the sugar is your energy so youre not burning what your body has stored. Again, thats maybe something that you were already aware of.

But like i say, I really dont know how much that would help one loose weight. I just went down a few pounds when I started on pre and pro biotics, so I started adding coconut oil to my coffee, since i need to keep weight.

All the best with your goal!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

I want to drop 30 pounds...I currently weigh about 216 and wanna drop to 185...any tips you guys could give me to get me started?

Less eating, more exercising, it's quite easy, and if that doesn't work, go see a doctor and/or a dietist because there might be something wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Good stuff! :headbang:

Hopefully others will have better advice. I actually have to focus on keeping my weight up (because of a condition). But I did loose some weight when I started on pre biotics and probiotics. Maybe thats something that youre up to speed on - seems to be a trend? Also lots of fibre to aid in digestions. I got this powder of flax with a few probiotics mixed into it. I stir that into yogurt which, if fresh and stored properly, is probiotic. All this is to support gut health. If any of that interests you, there are even everyday foods that are prebiotic that you can eat more of.

Also if you can avoid fructose, and sugar in general to an extent. Fructose is so easily absorbed into the blood. Then the sugar is your energy so youre not burning what your body has stored. Again, thats maybe something that you were already aware of.

But like i say, I really dont know how much that would help one loose weight. I just went down a few pounds when I started on pre and pro biotics, so I started adding coconut oil to my coffee, since i need to keep weight.

All the best with your goal!

Thank You! I'm the heaviest I've ever been and its really getting to me...I was never a heavy guy...but at 5'8/5'9...216 pounds is too much... I've got a double chin like a Chinese phone book...I normally eat oatmeal in the morning may be scrambled eggs for lunch & some dinner between 4:30pm - 6pm and I've been avoiding food after that, just taking some water down. 

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Less eating, more exercising, it's quite easy, and if that doesn't work, go see a doctor and/or a dietist because there might be something wrong.

O.K thanks! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Creepy huh? Saved and stored his photo for like...years? To occasionally mock even though they're strangers/not really friends, as far as I know they're not at least.

Then I guess this is the wrong time to tell you that I've been holding onto your picture for years?

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Creepy huh? Saved and stored his photo for like...years? To occasionally mock even though they're strangers/not really friends, as far as I know they're not at least.

Still kicking myself because I haven't stored that picture of that really gorgeous forum member :drool: (It's no one you guys know. Maybe the other female posters remember him posting his pic.)

Anyway, this is obviously not my thread, so I'll leave now.