[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

Wait why the fuck is some stupid website taking my speculation and turning it into an article?

whoever wrote this coulda just done some digging to find the original quote from the DJ. Adding my speculation of a “lies 2.0” type release or an EP being a compromise between band and label is pointless cause it’s just that... speculation!

**link to alt nation removed**

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I removed the links to alt nation from the above posts. It's been @downzy's long standing policy that we do not allow links to them on our forum. It's all BS gossip anyway, so no big loss to anyone looking for real information :)

Gotchya. Will keep that in mind going forward!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I'm not sure the "it's a part of rock n roll" argument stands up though. If that was the case then, when Frank messes up or when DJ did, we could say "Hey man! it's rock n roll, it's not supposed to be perfect". But we both know they get and got hammered each and every time they went off script... which is a very unrock n roll line to hold.

I appreciate and respect your opinion as always.. Well almost always ;)  I agree with most of it aside from the above quote..  There is a difference between someone "messing up" and someone just sucking.. Everyone messes up and that is part of live rock n' roll.. That is different than Franks's situation.. The reason for most of the people who don't like him is that they don't like his drumming style in the band night after night on a consistent basis.

Can't speak for DJ as I didn't find the band worth following during those years.

• Like 2

Its not about recreating AFD, I think its all about being tired of the old material, at the moment they play new songs, theres gonna be fire again, we can see they're tired of doing the same stuff over and over for 30 years. Even the hardcore fanbsse is tired of the same old stuff, imagine these guys living this everyday.

Heck, even Axl got his fire back at the moment he did new things with AC/DC,  I strongly believe even the old songs will sound better at the moment they get the fire back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Its not about recreating AFD, I think its all about being tired of the old material, at the moment they play new songs, theres gonna be fire again, we can see they're tired of doing the same stuff over and over for 30 years. Even the hardcore fanbsse is tired of the same old stuff, imagine these guys living this everyday.

Heck, even Axl got his fire back at the moment he did new things with AC/DC,  I strongly believe even the old songs will sound better at the moment they get the fire back.

Agreed. If an average guy like me gets tired of listening to the same 20 songs for a month, I can't imagine the boredom that comes with playing the same setlist for 3 years straight. Also, you could tell Axl was trying when they introduced new songs on this tour.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

22 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I've heard this argument a thousand times and it's based in the "I liked the way it was😭😭😭" thought process.

It's a total crock of shit. I have heard a lot of bootlegs of the uyi line up and there was a lot of questionable moments. 

This current line up isn't ever going to change your mind though. My suggestion is simple, stay rooted in the past... Pretend that Gilby was a great songwriter, pretend that Izzy wanted to tour, pretend that Matt was a perfect fit for GNR... It's all good! I'm going to listen to whatever comes out with an open mind, if it's good I'll praise it! If it's bad I'll say just that! It's fair enough if you have a narrow scope for gnr can be, but I don't share that view. 

To quote you - 'this is a total crock of shit'!

Who are you to say Matt is not a perfect fit, Gilby not a great songwriter or Izzy did not want to tour!?!?

As for Iz....I am still amazed how you've missed it - the loot was nor split equaly - unless Izzy told YOU otherwise.  Which would mean you have exclusive news.

All your info is based upon your personal opinion without any facts to prove otherwise, so this conversation is pretty much waste of time.

As I said, 'you heard some UYI bootlegs', others of us lived through AFD/UYI era, so you will never be able to understand.

You can always pretend Ashab is great player, Bumblehead is great songwriter, or Frank is the greatest drumer on greatest cd ever made - that is your universe.  Your knowledge of 1985-93 era is based upon 'few bootlegs' and that is why you will never understand why post '93 guys were hired hands.  I am sorry for you as Ax would say, but history can not be rewinded.

Do yourself a favour and see on ytb  Rio '91, Paris '92,  Buenos Aires '93, Saskatoon '93, Buenos Aires '92, Tokyo '92..., you will get the point why second keyboard wasn't needed and why Gilby and Matt were waaaaaaaaaaayyy better fit for the band,

Btw., what is the deal with you repeating 'Izzy did not want to tour' over and over again, when he said openly why he isn't there!?  Why don't you trust him?

Edited by shotsfired cro

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I appreciate and respect your opinion as always.. Well almost always ;)  I agree with most of it aside from the above quote..  There is a difference between someone "messing up" and someone just sucking.. Everyone messes up and that is part of live rock n' roll.. That is different than Franks's situation.. The reason for most of the people who don't like him is that they don't like his drumming style in the band night after night on a consistent basis.

Can't speak for DJ as I didn't find the band worth following during those years.

Hey! I'll take it and again I was more making a argument rather expressing my own view. I personally would like to hear the drum parts on certain songs played closer to the original songs. NV, Yesterday, RQ being the big 3 offenders. He definitely does some weird stuff from time to time. Is he the world's worst drummer like a lot of fans say? No, but there's room for improvement!

As for DJ I had 2nd, 3rd and 4th thoughts about his inclusion in that paragraph. I regret my decision, but there you go 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

I like how people come here and seem to believe the band are different from the rest of us in life. Ask any normal working person whether they get bored doing the same job over and over again, hanging out with the same people day in day out. Ask whether a parent gets bored being a parent to a child day in and day out. Thats life my friend. It's their job, just like the truck driver that's being doing his or her job for the last 30 years or the office manager who has sat in the same office for 20 years, or  a parent who has raised a child as a single parent. They would all be trying their best as they need a roof over their heads, food on the table, provide and contribute to their family. 

These guys are no different as it's their job, that enables each of them to  provide for their families or pay their bills. 

That's exactly what I'm saying...

We're all just trying to get through the day but that doesn't mean it's not monotonous at times. 

38 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Who are you to say Matt is not a perfect fit, Gilby not a great songwriter or Izzy did not want to tour!?!?

As for Iz....I am still amazed how you've missed it - the loot was nor split equaly - unless Izzy told YOU otherwise.  Which would mean you have exclusive news.

All your info is based upon your personal opinion without any facts to prove otherwise, so this conversation is pretty much waste of time.

As I said, 'you heard some UYI bootlegs', others of us lived through AFD/UYI era, so you will never be able to understand.

You can always pretend Ashab is great player, Bumblehead is great songwriter, or Frank is the greatest drumer on greatest cd ever made - that is your universe.  Your knowledge of 1985-93 era is based upon 'few bootlegs' and that is why you will never understand why post '93 guys were hired hands.  I am sorry for you as Ax would say, but history can not be rewinded.

Do yourself a favour and see on ytb  Rio '91, Paris '92,  Buenos Aires '93, Saskatoon '93, Buenos Aires '92, Tokyo '92..., you will get the point why second keyboard wasn't needed and why Gilby and Matt were waaaaaaaaaaayyy better fit for the band,

Btw., what is the deal with you repeating 'Izzy did not want to tour' over and over again, when he said openly why he isn't there!?  Why don't you trust him?

I can't address everything here because I want to sleep tonight😃 but no, I don't have exclusive access to Izzy, maybe you do because you get to call him Iz😉

I do however have the past 20 years of him not touring on his own to show you that he does NOT like going on the road, outside of sporadic appearance when and if he wants to. That's based on things that all the members of GNR have all said about Izzy throughout the entire history of GNR from 1991 onwards. You can say it's media spin if you like though. He likes to sit at home and churn out albums. 

Why don't you trust the others who have explained their side? I have nothing against Izzy, I love his loose playing style. I do however believe that his story and the version served by the rest of the guys combined is the real story. So he's telling some truth and they are too. There's no reason to believe that Izzy doesn't like making money, or that he's less of a businessman than any of the other guys. Just because he appears like a laid back guy, does not mean he doesn't have a keen eye for his financials. There's nothing wrong with that if he is, in fact I applaud it! Basically I don't trust any of them😄

I have watched more old bootlegs than I care to remember, I honestly never thought much of Gilby as a player. I enjoyed certain things Matt did! I love his drumming on estranged for example but in general I don't think he did the AFD material justice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

I like how people come here and seem to believe the band are different from the rest of us in life. Ask any normal working person whether they get bored doing the same job over and over again, hanging out with the same people day in day out. Ask whether a parent gets bored being a parent to a child day in and day out. Thats life my friend. It's their job, just like the truck driver that's being doing his or her job for the last 30 years or the office manager who has sat in the same office for 20 years, or  a parent who has raised a child as a single parent. They would all be trying their best as they need a roof over their heads, food on the table, provide and contribute to their family. 

These guys are no different as it's their job, that enables each of them to  provide for their families or pay their bills. 

Thats true, but if its no big deal for bands like metallica to change their setlist up nightly theres no reason a band like gnr cant do that to. I would though be happy not to hear scom again.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

no reason a band like gnr cant do that to

Well..and we’ll get into that circle again..Maybe you or we didn’t accept the reason but yeah there’s a reason..Same setlist to different venues, different people,...If we watch every fucking show from YouTube or even go more then one GIG sorry but it’s our problem.

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Does the name Teddy Zig Zag ring a bell? lmao.

Hyperbole is very strong with this one

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 2

Illusions is my favorite era, and I therefore would welcome any involvement from Matt, and Gilby. That said- they are relics from a much more ambiguous time (i.e. lines blurred between “member” and “additional musicians”)- that frankly didn’t end well. Richard/Frank/Melissa etc. are professionals that keep their head down and stay in their lane IMHO. That is likely what is required in order for this crazy machine to keep rolling (which is what I want above all else- plus I like them  fine)...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You might be right, but it's an unfair comparison of the 30 year old Axl vs the 50+ year old Axl. If his voice was where it was in the 90s these shows would be right up there with UYI. I have definitely heard very good shows, and absolutely fantastic versions of songs that would leave you questioning whether it was 2017 or 1993... now those type of moments weren't every night, they weren't even every week but again, it was down to Axls voice!  

UYI era Guns was just as bloated. They didn't play as many covers but over all this feels like a continuation from UYI, to me at least!

I'm not sure the "it's a part of rock n roll" argument stands up though. If that was the case then, when Frank messes up or when DJ did, we could say "Hey man! it's rock n roll, it's not supposed to be perfect". But we both know they get and got hammered each and every time they went off script... which is a very unrock n roll line to hold.

I prefer the sound of the UYI line up though, it was rawer and it was also the sound that I grew up with. But it's down to the individual members, even Slash's band sound fairly sterile in comparison to the 90s gnr... I don't think you can look at the 4 hired musicians who are told what to do, saying 'these are the people who decide what the band will sound like'. 

I saw Guns in 92 and 3 times on the NITL tour and this definitely does not feel like a continuation of that era.

The mistakes then were because they were fucked up on stuff or Axl was being Axl at times. 

The mistakes now are for different reasons.

Guns were bloated for maybe a 3rd of the UYI tour? Half at most? The first leg and last leg were just the band if I recall. 

30 Axl V 50 Axl argument has been answered with the run of AcDc shows he did. He can sing when he wants to. 

I read recently that MTV unplugged is coming back with Liam Gallagher as the first guest. Could Guns do this? Would it be a good vehicle for new material? After hearing the acoustic version of move to the city on the AFD re release recently the thought came into my head. 

(Discuss minus Bridge School references) 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Illusions is my favorite era, and I therefore would welcome any involvement from Matt, and Gilby. That said- they are relics from a much more ambiguous time (i.e. lines blurred between “member” and “additional musicians”)- that frankly didn’t end well. Richard/Frank/Melissa etc. are professionals that keep their head down and stay in their lane IMHO. That is likely what is required in order for this crazy machine to keep rolling (which is what I want above all else- plus I like them  fine)...

The Illusion albums are my fav GN'R records

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

I saw Guns in 92 and 3 times on the NITL tour and this definitely does not feel like a continuation of that era.

The mistakes then were because they were fucked up on stuff or Axl was being Axl at times. 

Guns were bloated for maybe a 3rd of the UYI tour? Half at most? The first leg and last leg were just the band if I recall. 

30 Axl V 50 Axl argument has been answered with the run of AcDc shows he did. He can sing when he wants to. 

I read recently that MTV unplugged is coming back with Liam Gallagher as the first guest. Could Guns do this? Would it be a good vehicle for new material? After hearing the acoustic version of move to the city on the AFD re release recently the thought came into my head. 

No, because Axl would have to bring 100%. He can't hide behind a wall of sound, light, effects, volume, etc in such a setting.

3 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I could actually see that.

Surely Axl  must want to bury that bridge school gig. Nirvana MTV unplugged was great, a GN'R one could in theory be amazing.

Imagine the setlist.

It wouldn't happen but an acoustic Madagascar :drool:

What do we think about the writing credits for Hardschool/Jackie Chan and Atlas shrugged? 

ITs a bit of a punk vibe to Hardschool so maybe Rose/Stinson/Finck and the acoustics in Atlas might be Tobias so maybe Rose/Tobias/Finck

What do you think?

5 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I never got to see the UYI line up in person, so I couldn't comment on that. But from watching clips it has a similar look, and the sound has changed a bit but it's not a million miles away from what what it was. Obviously now you have 2 guitar players who can play equally complicated lead lines, and a drummer with a different style but it's still rooted in the sane place.