[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't understand why people think that just because Izzy was the first rhythm guitarist with Slash that's he's better than any others that came after (Gilby). I think Gilby was a great fit, as was Dave Kushner and as is Frank Sidoris. 4tus though, no imo. Too much showboating and not staying in his lane.

I think richard is suited as a lead guitarist not a rythym player. I dont know how it will work out long term.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:29 AM, RussTCB said:

Yep, that's fake. We've had several threads on that here in the past. Here's the last time the real artist behind that clip was discussed:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222320-fake-gnr-2019-leak-found-on-youtube/

so was that new atlas clip fake as well? It appears, then disappears fast.  I heard it and it sounds legit

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't understand why people think that just because Izzy was the first rhythm guitarist with Slash that's he's better than any others that came after (Gilby). I think Gilby was a great fit, as was Dave Kushner and as is Frank Sidoris. 4tus though, no imo. Too much showboating and not staying in his lane.

Except is not because Izzy was the first. It's because his laidback crunchy, Stones-ish and often complementary guitar works fits with Slash's more heavy, agressive style. 

I'm not that familiar with Frank Sidoris, but Gilby and Kushner were both more like a simple power chord rhythm section. It's not bad, but there's a reason people love how the guitars are in AFD and it's not all about Slash.

Also, Kushner played some leads with Slash in VR live performances. Not sure why is it a problem now with Richard in a 3 hour show with Slash playing like 90% of the solos and leads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

so was that new atlas clip fake as well? It appears, then disappears fast.  I heard it and it sounds legit

Huh? This is what I was referring to earlier; there's just too much vague BS posted.

The only legit things that are out there (that I'm aware of) are the 20 or so second of Hard School. 3 seconds of studio quality Atlas, then a minute or so of a cell phone quality recording of Atlas. What else are you referring to?

37 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Also, Kushner played some leads with Slash in VR live performances. Not sure why is it a problem now with Richard in a 3 hour show with Slash playing like 90% of the solos and leads. 

Well Dave wasn't playing leads over Slash's leads (like 4tus does near the end of RQ) or showboating in general. His leads in general were only in one or two places.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well Dave wasn't playing leads over Slash's leads (like 4tus does near the end of RQ) or showboating in general. His leads in general were only in one or two places.

Richard plays a solo in a jam between two of three Slash's solos. Same with KOHD. He isn't taking anything away from Slash in old GNR songs. Even on CD songs, Richard only plays lead in Chinese and Madagascar (he does play lead in Better, but not really the solos). I much prefer Slash playing lead, but it's a 3 hour long setlist. I rather have Richard playing some stuff than shit like Matt Sorum's drum solo.

Look, I can only speak for myself, but it doesn't bother me at all. I do find boring to get an endless instrumental Wish You Were Here before a 10 minute song like November Rain.  

11 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Look, I can only speak for myself, but it doesn't bother me at all. I do find boring to get an endless instrumental Wish You Were Here before a 10 minute song like November Rain.  

Bring Back Brick in the Wall! :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

That's not "a new Atlas clip". It's a well know fake as explained in the thread from the post you quoted...

• Like 1

I understand there are people who have full

leaks they may have paid money did the leg work to get them but I really wish they would not even say a word about them if they don’t plan to share it gets us fan who are dying for some new music in a frenzy for a bit then crash back to earth. It is like a kid who has some ice cream and says hey want a lick then says psyche. Just saying man 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, axlweave said:

leaks they may have paid money did the leg work to get them but I really wish they would not even say a word about them if they don’t plan to share it gets us fan who are dying for some new music in a frenzy for a bit then crash back to earth. It is like a kid who has some ice cream and says hey want a lick then says psyche. Just saying man 

Without the attention it's harder/impossible to get back (a part of) the "investment".

Edited by avahland
Typo

On 07. 08. 2019. at 12:48 AM, Tom2112 said:

I can't address everything here because I want to sleep tonight😃 but no, I don't have exclusive access to Izzy, maybe you do because you get to call him Iz😉

I do however have the past 20 years of him not touring on his own to show you that he does NOT like going on the road, outside of sporadic appearance when and if he wants to. That's based on things that all the members of GNR have all said about Izzy throughout the entire history of GNR from 1991 onwards. You can say it's media spin if you like though. He likes to sit at home and churn out albums. 

Why don't you trust the others who have explained their side? I have nothing against Izzy, I love his loose playing style. I do however believe that his story and the version served by the rest of the guys combined is the real story. So he's telling some truth and they are too. There's no reason to believe that Izzy doesn't like making money, or that he's less of a businessman than any of the other guys. Just because he appears like a laid back guy, does not mean he doesn't have a keen eye for his financials. There's nothing wrong with that if he is, in fact I applaud it! Basically I don't trust any of them😄

I have watched more old bootlegs than I care to remember, I honestly never thought much of Gilby as a player. I enjoyed certain things Matt did! I love his drumming on estranged for example but in general I don't think he did the AFD material justice.

Well maybe because when it comes down to Duff saying 'we had his amps waiting for 3 months' and Iz saying 'they didn't want to split the loot' - Iz comes out as more reliable.   It doesn't take a genius why he left them there waiting 3 months.  If he didn't want to tour, he would of told them 'fuck off and tour'.  Also, if he didn't want to tour with that size band, he wouldn't have wanted to come back '96.

Iz never left because his check was too big or he didn't want to tour the stadiums - he left for same reason like everyone else - Axl.

Taht story about him coming back from Duff, everything Slash had to say about the subject and Axl's comment - clearly give Iz heads up.

'Not wanting to tour' was a silly explaination on why he left back in the 90's.

Iz point - 

You have your point, I have mine.  I say they never sounded better than with Sorum and Gilby was the best fit to replace Iz.

I know a lot of ppl think same, Canter also complimented Gilby.

Playing in a band is not just playing, but also stage presence.  Stage presence is something Fortus has 0 of.

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Well maybe because when it comes down to Duff saying 'we had his amps waiting for 3 months' and Iz saying 'they didn't want to split the loot' - Iz comes out as more reliable.   It doesn't take a genius why he left them there waiting 3 months.  If he didn't want to tour, he would of told them 'fuck off and tour'.  Also, if he didn't want to tour with that size band, he wouldn't have wanted to come back '96.

Iz never left because his check was too big or he didn't want to tour the stadiums - he left for same reason like everyone else - Axl.

Taht story about him coming back from Duff, everything Slash had to say about the subject and Axl's comment - clearly give Iz heads up.

'Not wanting to tour' was a silly explaination on why he left back in the 90's.

Iz point - 

You have your point, I have mine.  I say they never sounded better than with Sorum and Gilby was the best fit to replace Iz.

I know a lot of ppl think same, Canter also complimented Gilby.

Playing in a band is not just playing, but also stage presence.  Stage presence is something Fortus has 0 of.

I'm not sure why you think Duff is suddenly so unreliable. All the years he was away from Guns, he was viewed as a straight arrow, now that he's back behind enemy lines he's the devil. It's nonsense. I'm confident that there was shenanigans, but Izzy is definitely capable of shenanigans just like anyone else. Unless you believe he's some sort of saint. And yes, Duff has been tight lipped in interviews about Guns, but that doesn't count as the smoke and mirrors that you're putting on him and the rest of the band.

As for your stage presence bit, Fortus most certainly has stage presence just like Izzy has. Izzy can just stand there and he has presence, Richards presence is all about moving about the stage and beating the hell out of his guitar. I know that there was a lot of people watching Richard at the shows, and remarking how great he was. There are many, many more people who have positve things to say about the world class guitar player Richard Fortus, than saying bad things. I think that speaks volumes. Also, there was lots of people who had great things to say about him even before the reunion. You simply blame Richard for Izzy not being there... when the guy has absolutely no power in that decision. If Richard walked and said Izzy should be here, they would have just hired some other guitar player and Izzy would still not have been there and Richard would have needlessly given up his amazing spot in a huge reunion.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, axlweave said:

Clearly, some people just like a weekend of fame.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

Fortus has no stage presence.. 

He wrote the bridge to Better.  Also if he has no stage presence where is he? hiding under the stage or behind the curtians?

'You must also think Pete Townsend has no stage presence or the billion other famous rock stars.

Also Slash does the exact same shit

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Since GNR are still selling out every where they perform, I don't think Axl is in any hurry to release any new music. Would we care? I love all the GNR songs and never tire of listening to them or seeing GNR perform them.

Would any new material be better than the original songs? I bet fans would still be bitching about what new songs would be about? The guys are all in a good place now and I would hope they would never release anything political. I just hate that kind of music. But on the other hand, I bet Axl could find something new to bitch about and I would love that because Axl is the best at complaining.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? This is what I was referring to earlier; there's just too much vague BS posted.

The only legit things that are out there (that I'm aware of) are the 20 or so second of Hard School. 3 seconds of studio quality Atlas, then a minute or so of a cell phone quality recording of Atlas. What else are you referring to?

Hardschool definitely has some serious potential. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think richard is suited as a lead guitarist not a rythym player. I dont know how it will work out long term.

I agree, but it's still worked out well for the last 17 years. But at least it makes him versatile - he can switch to play the parts that Slash can't, and Slash is great with rhythm anyway.

19 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

He wrote the bridge to Better. 

Which is actually the best part of the song. It also means that the new intro that Slash wrote that everyone loves? Actually written by Fortus.

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Since GNR are still selling out every where they perform, I don't think Axl is in any hurry to release any new music.

But are they though?

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

Fortus has no stage presence...a complete poser...cannot stand the stupid windmill things he does...everything he does on stage is an act... forced rock star moves.....there is nothing to suggest he is a good writer either..he is technically a very good guitar player but that's it

Windmill thing? What's that?

• Haha 1