[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

The chorus of Better is the weakest part of the song along with the emo intro. It's a very weak chorus imo.

So we really can't judge Fortus as a writer. So far, he hasn't written anything great in any of his bands, right? But who knows what he has done/ can do with the current Guns line up.

16 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't understand why people think that just because Izzy was the first rhythm guitarist with Slash that's he's better than any others that came after (Gilby). I think Gilby was a great fit, as was Dave Kushner and as is Frank Sidoris. 4tus though, no imo. Too much showboating and not staying in his lane.

I agree with most except the part wasn't the best Slash pairing.. The music they made together speaks foo itself.. Their styles meshed together seamlessly and I think Slash's leads excelled with Izzy.  For that short time I consider their chemistry together unmatched. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Richard plays a solo in a jam between two of three Slash's solos. Same with KOHD. He isn't taking anything away from Slash in old GNR songs. Even on CD songs, Richard only plays lead in Chinese and Madagascar (he does play lead in Better, but not really the solos). I much prefer Slash playing lead, but it's a 3 hour long setlist. I rather have Richard playing some stuff than shit like Matt Sorum's drum solo.

Look, I can only speak for myself, but it doesn't bother me at all. I do find boring to get an endless instrumental Wish You Were Here before a 10 minute song like November Rain.  

I could care less what they do with CD songs but Fortus brings me down on KOHD and Rocket Queen... Both in person and watching on youtube.. You do have a point with those Sorum drums solos though but those were the times haha. Thank god that trend is over. On the bright side, at least we don't have to endure a Frank solo!

• Like 2

Always fun to speculate, as I noticed the late night talkshows in the US will all have a "special guest" on tonight – Conan, Fallon, Corden, Colbert, Kimmel and Meyers.

Must be some pre-taped thing, as they're all on pretty much around the same time.

Imagine it being Axl announcing something.

49 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Always fun to speculate, as I noticed the late night talkshows in the US will all have a "special guest" on tonight – Conan, Fallon, Corden, Colbert, Kimmel and Meyers.

Must be some pre-taped thing, as they're all on pretty much around the same time.

Imagine it being Axl announcing something.

Apparently it has something to do with some viral marketing for a new Ron Burgundy/ Anchorman podcast thing that Will Ferrell is doing.

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I met Richard after a thin Lizzy gig, it was late he was tired but he stood around for ages and talked with me and a bunch of others. He talked about GNR, his guitars, gave us picks. He was just a really nice guy. Same with Frank, I met him in a music store right before a gig in 2012, and he was so nice! I thought both were great additions to the band before meeting them, but after that it was cemented! I know some of you might think "of course they were nice, they have to be" but, really they don't and a lot of times when you meet these people they are rude as fuck! and don't want to see you at all! for example the same time I met Frank, I met Chris Pitman and he was completely uninterested in meeting me, didn't care that I was a fan or that I was excited to meet him. He was a dick tbh. Thankfully Frank was cool to the whole experience was saved. Anyway! being nice doesn't mean anything if you can't cut it as a player, I just personally believe both of them are the whole package! We don't all have to agree on that, and this thread is evidence of that! :D 

I totally agree. 

And of course being a nice guy has nothing to do with those guys qualities as musicians and/or contributions to the band. But I told about my Richard meeting because some people call him a poser or what. For me he isn’t, which for me was ultimately confirmed by meeting Richard in person by accident.

To be honest. For me there’s only one guy in the band who I would call a poser, especially if your taking into account his nowadays qualities. But this is another story ;-)

Anyway, I am 100% team Izzy in any means, no matter if talking about his music, his stage presence, his image or what else. I always liked Gilby very much, too. But I was always fine with Richard being there as long as Izzy and/or Gilby aren’t. 

Another thing is Frank and Melissa. Don’t get me wrong. I can say nothing about their personalities and they did „me“ no harm. In fact I believe there both are really nice people. But the point is, for me they don’t fit in the band I love(d) so much, they just don’t fit. I don’t want to say their „image“ is wrong or something like this but in the end it is exactly this. Since I am not a native speaker I cannot describe it any better at short notice. But yeah, they dont fit in for me, qualities as musicians totally set aside. The same goes for the question if there is a need for a second keyboard player (the answer is no). 

• Like 2

Anyway... if they start looking very seriously in that album regard after the mini tour, we’re talking late November. That’s one month until the holidays (I don’t see them doing anything during the holidays), so I think there’s no way the album could be released in "early 2020", as someone suggested. Let’s be realistic – I’d say the end of 2020, if anything, plus a few shows/festivals in the meantime, with maybe – and maybe not – one or two new tunes introduced there. Also, all they have to do to shut us up in the meantime is release a NITL DVD. I mean, that's what a normal band would do, so...

... it probably won’t happen. 

Edited by jamillos

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Anyway... if they start looking very seriously in that album regard after the mini tour, we’re talking late November. That’s one month until the holidays (I don’t see them doing anything during the holidays), so I think there’s no way the album could be released in "early 2020", as someone suggested. Let’s be realistic – I’d say the end of 2020, if anything, plus a few shows/festivals in the meantime, with maybe – and maybe not – one or two new tunes introduced there. Also, all they have to do to shut us up in the meantime is release a NITL DVD. I mean, that's what a normal band would do, so...

... it probably won’t happen. 

I used to think that too, but now rumors seem to be heating up that they’ve actually been working on new music in secret that they plan to release in late 2019/ early 2020. Not saying it’ll happen, just saying that the rumors of it happening are heating up a bit, is all...

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I used to think that too, but now rumors seem to be heating up that they’ve actually been working on new music in secret that they plan to release in late 2019/ early 2020. Not saying it’ll happen, just saying that the rumors of it happening are heating up a bit, is all...

Ok. :D But given Slash has been touring throughout the year and Guns will only have a few weeks after they finish the fall tour, it would be basically a miracle if anything landed this soon. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amir said:

I like Fortus. I think him and Finck made a good duo as well, you could tell he really missed him when he was gone in a lot of interviews Fortus did. And this photo from 2012...

425846_363757653664328_156211814418914_1

Would love to hear more of what these two worked on together in the studio.

Yeah, I didn't really appreciate it at the time. I was very much in the camp of "these guys are ruining Slash's parts" but listening back now, I love it. It was so different! And when they played off each other it was fantastic! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Frank is just a bit ... well boring really

I wish he was just boring.. If he was just boring maybe you wouldn't notice him.. Instead his drumming sticks out like a sore thumb and not in a good way...

• Like 3

Between Axl only using a few bits of Franks drumming on CD and then inviting Brain back to play the CD songs in concert, Im confident that we wont see too much Frank rerecordings if we get any chinese leftovers.

Franks drums live are just poorly mixed in my opinion. He also doesn't hit the snare N bass drum that hard and has zero feel with hi hats.

Just now, djones1225 said:

Franks drums live are just poorly mixed in my opinion. He also doesn't hit the snare N bass drum that hard and has zero feel with hi hats.

He sounded better before Slash n Duff came back so I dont know what the deal is now...

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

As long as I live, I'll never understand the hate for Robin or Frank

Not sure, but I LOVE this Robin / Frank combo (Frank comes in aroudn the 1 minute mark)

Love this video. Axl once said the following during an interview: Rose did mention one new song that features guitarist Robin Finck doing "A really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo". I always wondered if this solo from Robin is the one he meant.

@RussTCB I agree with you on so many opinions on here, Chinese is my favorite Guns album, Finck is awesome, never understood the love for Frank though. His style has always bothered me. I’m sure you explained it before somewhere, but what do you like about frank? (Not trying to sound like a smart ass just legit want to know what in particular makes him your favorite GNR drummer) 

29 minutes ago, wreckless said:

Love this video. Axl once said the following during an interview: Rose did mention one new song that features guitarist Robin Finck doing "A really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo". I always wondered if this solo from Robin is the one he meant.

Right? It's sounds alot like a part of an actual song.