[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

1 hour ago, Creed said:

2006 was indeed the perfect moment. Duff and Slash were clean by that year and did a great album with Contraband. Axl changed his look, his voice got better. GnR needed a new drummer. Axl had 3 CDs of material, which they could have reworked.

A triple album with Slash, Duff, Matt, Axl and Izzy would have been great.

No. Mentally speaking they were no where close to being ready. Axl still didn't release CD at that point. Slash didn't release his solo album either. Also Slash and Duff still had VR at that point. 

Additionally, Duff wasn't even speaking to Axl. Slash released his book in 2007, which caused further issues. You then had Slash dealing with his mother's death causing him to quit smoking. The infamous cancer comment by Axl right when Slash's mother was dying. All these things happened. If they had reunited in 06, it would have been a disaster for all parties involved. Like I said, I would have loved that the reunion happened sooner but each of them just wasn't there mentally. 

I analyze it from a logical standpoint rather than an emotional standpoint of being a fan, which brought me to the conclusion that they simply weren't ready.  

Edited by Draguns
additional text
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, RussTCB said:

As long as I live, I'll never understand the hate for Robin or Frank

Not sure, but I LOVE this Robin / Frank combo (Frank comes in aroudn the 1 minute mark)

Mofo strikes again. Silly boy Mofo😂

• Sad 1

Sometimes it crosses my mind this is a band thing, doing this to try to keep the "mistique", closer to the 80s when you had to go and buy bootlegs if you wanted something like this. With the whole media black out going on... Its like they want the band to get back to the 80s and 90s. 

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Sometimes it crosses my mind this is a band thing, doing this to try to keep the "mistique", closer to the 80s when you had to go and buy bootlegs if you wanted something like this. With the whole media black out going on... Its like they want the band to get back to the 80s and 90s. 

Yeah I’m sure the limited media has something to do with maintaining the “myth/ mystique” of the band, in some form or another.

5 hours ago, default_ said:

I think so too, but I think that while I get the whole mystery aspect to it, in 2019 it just pisses everyone off :lol: 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I think so too, but I think that while I get the whole mystery aspect to it, in 2019 it just pisses everyone off :lol: 

It could be cool if they had stuff going on, but as of today, theres nothing to keep the fanbase interested as even youtube videos are forbidden.

They dont want anything unofficially circulating? Give us something official then, a lot of bands use their social media to keep their fans interested and all GNR does is post terrible artwork and lyric videos of 30 years old songs edited in free apps. 

Edited by default_

26 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

What’s the music at the end of the video 

Rapidfire ? 

That's Detroit 2016. That's just after concert music playing over the PA. I can't begin to remember exactly what it was, but it wouldn't have been Rapidfire.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's Detroit 2016. That's just after concert music playing over the PA. I can't begin to remember exactly what it was, but it wouldn't have been Rapidfire.

I just thought it sounded a lot like Axl and the riff has a Wilthered  Delilah feel to it 

when they start showing all the gigs over the world 

ty man 

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

What’s the music at the end of the video 

Rapidfire ? 

It's a fake leak from years ago.

I found it under the name blue rose on YT years back, I probably have it backed up somewhere. It had a watermark on it that repeated "AVS MEDIA DEMO" or something like that.

not gnr

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Jesus. 

How big of an asshole do you have to be to waste your time scrubbing this site for videos to get removed on behalf of your fictional relationship with the band? 

Luckily, I have that entire solo on DVD along with an even better one on blu-ray from the same tour. 

He admitted it to me as well. I straight up asked him once what he did for TB . He said that "I check the internet for copyright claims" He straight up told me

• Haha 1

On 11/08/2019 at 1:40 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I don't think I have ever heard anyone ever say that pro tools are what makes the music on CD bad.. Not even once.. That is how the majority of music has been recorded for about 20 years now.. I have heard people say they didn't like the lineup, Axl's voice, the songs, that is was too convoluted, too many layers and so on, but never anything about pro tools.. 

How did the shows work without a second keyboard player in 86, 87, 88, 89, 91 and 93?  Must have been magic I suppose... Even Teddy Zig Zag was only used sparingly during the 92 tour for a couple songs a show.. 

You never got into Pawnshop Guitars back in the day? 

I actually haven't heard much, I get worried by suggestions because some people here say silkworms is a masterpiece 😄 is there any song in particular worth a look?

• Like 1

On 10/08/2019 at 7:13 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

2006 GN'R was on a different level. I'd rank it above the NITL lineup tbh

I have to agree (not a popular opinion though😄) , I even thought the 2009/10 gnr was head and shoulders above NITL... Obviously that changed a bit as things went on though😄 

I enjoyed NITL, but I'm not quite convinced they nailed the sound... and that goes for everyone on that stage.

On 10/08/2019 at 5:16 PM, Jw224 said:

I see their point in regards to the band changing, but all the other petty complaints i don't understand at all. It comes off very "bitter old man" like. 

There's no way to talk about this without being being a bit condescending to an older fan who doesn't like the later days of a band... But, it is definitely true that a lot of older fans do not want to hear their favourite bands change and try new things. Historically it has almost always been met with hostility, unless the artist in question was expressly known for always changing their look and sound!

Ah look, here's how I look at it. It doesn't impact my enjoyment of those songs one bit! It's a little annoying to read the same thing on each thread, but I can ignore it or I can engage it and share my opinion. I'm perfectly ok, with anyone not liking or liking different things to me.

• Like 1