[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Yes we have been dissapointed multiple times and its easy to blame Richard. 

But from Richards standpoint: He knows the material is there and I believe its the reason he is so positive towards a release. The difference this time is that Slash and Duff has joined and the record company must be eager to get something new out. 

Yeah I'll be honest, I don't think Richard is being at all malicious in his comments. I think it comes from an appeasement point of view. The response seems to tick the box for "ask a future GNR-related material question" so there are not follow-ups to this point.

9 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

problem is rehashing the CD era stuff will result in a mediocre GNR product

Don’t agree at all... still it would be cooler to hear this stuff played by it’s original line-up but with Slash and Duff it would be interesting and cool too

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

@sideman click bait right 

no sources 

just speculation however sounds about right 

they need to start from scratch with iz

If they start from scratch that could put the release date back a year or two, fans are already pulling their hair out now and have been for a while for new music. 

If an album was to come, I think they’ll time it for the run up to Christmas to try and capitalise on that. 

At this point, it drains me thinking about a potential release date. It could be next year, or it could be several from now which really bums me out. This will be the 11th anniversary of Chinese. Would this have come as a surprise if we were told then that there would be nothing from then to now? Sadly, most likely not. 

1 hour ago, Creed said:

gnrcentral had interviews with beavan and the director of the NR video.

unfortunately this forum never had the chance to interview anyone except for Axl aka dexter...

fact is: someone from the UK mentioned earlier that he heard these infos on the radio. 

lets wait until Terminator 6. or lets ask Arnie, Linda, James, Eddie Furlong.

Yeah, before they went to shit and started stealing content from MYGNR and other sources.

GNRCentral sucks, and has become little more than a content mill.

I do believe new music is on the horizon. I don't trust GNRCentral.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

@sideman click bait right 

no sources 

just speculation however sounds about right 

they need to start from scratch with iz

Pretty harsh statement considering we haven’t heard any of that material to judge. They could strip away everything but the chord structure and have slash write riffs to it. None of us would know any better if you didn’t see the liner notes 

13 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Pretty harsh statement considering we haven’t heard any of that material to judge. They could strip away everything but the chord structure and have slash write riffs to it. None of us would know any better if you didn’t see the liner notes 

very harsh but going by the CD final product and the fact that nu gnr was a failure in that the label would not touch further material

you cant put lipstick on a pig and expect it to be scarlett johanssen 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Seeing as GNRCentral's source is usually this forum, I don't see how this is exactly news.

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

GNRCentral...

Need i say more?

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yeah, before they went to shit and started stealing content from MYGNR and other sources.

GNRCentral sucks, and has become little more than a content mill.

I do believe new music is on the horizon. I don't trust GNRCentral.

Agreed. They used to be cool then quickly turned into a tabloid. I used to see them as a better alternative to alt nation then they turned into alt nation. Bottom line is you can't cite them as a source because their reporting isn't original, it's just copied from here and elsewhere.

The only rumor here that I find plausible is the Future UK one. As far as Richard goes I don't think he knows what the final product is going to sound like, only what the pre reunion leftovers are. And I can't believe that Slash would venture too far away from the classic rock AFD sound. I'm sure it'll be evolved in some way but not in the way that CD was. I'm sure he's going to want to have his own original ideas on there too and not just all leftovers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Agreed. They used to be cool then quickly turned into a tabloid. I used to see them as a better alternative to alt nation then they turned into alt nation. Bottom line is you can't cite them as a source because their reporting isn't original, it's just copied from here and elsewhere.

The only rumor here that I find plausible is the Future UK one. As far as Richard goes I don't think he knows what the final product is going to sound like, only what the pre reunion leftovers are. And I can't believe that Slash would venture too far away from the classic rock AFD sound. I'm sure it'll be evolved in some way but not in the way that CD was. I'm sure he's going to want to have his own original ideas on there too and not just all leftovers.

sideman at least gets good interviews was he banned from here? where is he? he used to post all his stories here so im sure he got his following starting from here then something happened

21 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

sideman at least gets good interviews was he banned from here? where is he? he used to post all his stories here so im sure he got his following starting from here then something happened

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

He got a bunch of facts wrong and had a bitchfit when people called him out on it.

He used to have good interviews then his site turned into alt nation jr. I respect him and really enjoyed the site and interviews when he first started but now I don't look at the site much anymore. And then what oldest goat said happened, which I think made him lose even more credibility.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I'm just like Axl.

The older I get the less I care.

Same.. Music from this lineup, at this age, with Axl's voice doesn't excite me.. I would still by it and give it a chance but not something I am dying for.. The reunion started 3 1/2 years ago 10 years too late as it was... The longer it takes the less I care.

I would be more excited about a live Blu Ray of some sort from the classic era.

• Like 1