[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

That GNR Central link is terrible - refers to new music but literally NOTHING in the screenshot suggests the that at all!

I'm thankful that they caught the lastest pic of Slash's amp but yeah, I don't see anything legit about the claim that the pic has anything to do with new music. If anything, the amp is probably just being prepped for the upcoming GN'R tour. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

That GNR Central link is terrible - refers to new music but literally NOTHING in the screenshot suggests the that at all!

If you zoom in really close on the reflection in the amp, you can see the back's of Axl and Slash.  In between them (and you have to look really closely) is a sheet of paper being held up with what looks like song lyrics.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

If you zoom in really close on the reflection in the amp, you can see the back's of Axl and Slash.  In between them (and you have to look really closely) is a sheet of paper being held up with what looks like song lyrics.

Funniest post of the month 😆 

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

😂

I'll just add my take.....When the "Not In This Lifetime" reunion first happened a few years ago, I was eager for the band to begin working on a new album. But, after taking time to view everything, I really don't think a new musical release is necessary at all.

Why?

Just look at pop cultural musical history, even taking rock music specifically. I really can't recall an album release by an established band in their "latter" years that's a stand out, go to, or album even listened to more than a couple of times. For Instance, I'm sure if someone pulls a Metallica album to listen to, "Hard Wired to Self Destruct" isn't going to be the first choice that comes to mind. Aerosmith, do you really pull up "Just Push Play" or "Music From Another Dimension" to listen through that often? Motley Crue's "Saints of Los Angeles" anybody still have that on rotation regularly? Even, The Eagles....a lot of people don't even realize they released an album of new material in 2007 (Long Road Out of Eden). Van Halen..."A Different Kind of Truth" in 2012, don't actually think I've heard a single note off that one in all honesty. Anything stand out to you from The Rolling Stones?

My point is....sometimes it's best to let things be. The majority of the time, we have high hopes for something new from an artist, but end up disappointed in the end. I think it is because most established acts are past their creative peaks, and have settled into an easier lifestyle later in life, after being successful. 

I know there is a buzz right now for a new Tool release in the next week or so. I know there was a single released, but I've really just heard a small portion of it. Looking into things, the band hasn't released anything in 13 years, and have moved into their late 40s-early 50s, but a lot of die hard fans want new music. There's only 7 songs on the main track listing, and the album is put at over 80 minutes in length. For 13 years, and only 7 songs, I can already guess, day of release you'll hear some of the same die hard fans criticizing as to how this is the band's weakest release, or biggest disappointment, and it could not be that bad at all...but too high of hopes will be placed on it just from the gap between albums.

I fear the same thing would happen with GnR. Myself, since it isn't the original AFD lineup, or even Gilby or Sorrum in the mix for that matter, just let things be as they are. If nothing new is ever added to the band's catalog, I'm fine with the great material that we already have. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, papashaun said:

I'll just add my take.....When the "Not In This Lifetime" reunion first happened a few years ago, I was eager for the band to begin working on a new album. But, after taking time to view everything, I really don't think a new musical release is necessary at all.

Why?

Just look at pop cultural musical history, even taking rock music specifically. I really can't recall an album release by an established band in their "latter" years that's a stand out, go to, or album even listened to more than a couple of times. For Instance, I'm sure if someone pulls a Metallica album to listen to, "Hard Wired to Self Destruct" isn't going to be the first choice that comes to mind. Aerosmith, do you really pull up "Just Push Play" or "Music From Another Dimension" to listen through that often? Motley Crue's "Saints of Los Angeles" anybody still have that on rotation regularly? Even, The Eagles....a lot of people don't even realize they released an album of new material in 2007 (Long Road Out of Eden). Van Halen..."A Different Kind of Truth" in 2012, don't actually think I've heard a single note off that one in all honesty. Anything stand out to you from The Rolling Stones?

My point is....sometimes it's best to let things be. The majority of the time, we have high hopes for something new from an artist, but end up disappointed in the end. I think it is because most established acts are past their creative peaks, and have settled into an easier lifestyle later in life, after being successful. 

I know there is a buzz right now for a new Tool release in the next week or so. I know there was a single released, but I've really just heard a small portion of it. Looking into things, the band hasn't released anything in 13 years, and have moved into their late 40s-early 50s, but a lot of die hard fans want new music. There's only 7 songs on the main track listing, and the album is put at over 80 minutes in length. For 13 years, and only 7 songs, I can already guess, day of release you'll hear some of the same die hard fans criticizing as to how this is the band's weakest release, or biggest disappointment, and it could not be that bad at all...but too high of hopes will be placed on it just from the gap between albums.

I fear the same thing would happen with GnR. Myself, since it isn't the original AFD lineup, or even Gilby or Sorrum in the mix for that matter, just let things be as they are. If nothing new is ever added to the band's catalog, I'm fine with the great material that we already have. 

Hardwired kicked ass, stop being a negative nancy.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Why?

I get your point...BUT I must say I really like Sebastian Bach's solo albums, Metallica´s Hardwired for me it´s great; some of Megadeth last albums as well...

I guess they release music just for the artist legacy...I believe Axl has something more to give to music and fans of course. I bet he doesnt feel artistically accomplished. That's what i can sense from the China Exchange for instance.

I hope Slash and Duff give him more confidence and we get to hear something more from this one of a kind artists. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Why?

I kind of get your point - more so for fair weather fans. They will likely lean towards what’s popular etc however the ‘hardcore’ fans will take it all in and will spend the time to really appreciate/listen to new music on its own merits.

Hardwired is a good example - a few duffers but the high points are some of their best material for decades.

Their catalogue is better for having it. If the material ends up as strong as Hardschool appears to be - they have nothing to worry about. Personally, I want it all - every single song that’s been recorded - lets the fans decide what’s worthy of standing along the classics.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Just look at pop cultural musical history, even taking rock music specifically. I really can't recall an album release by an established band in their "latter" years that's a stand out, go to, or album even listened to more than a couple of times.

If you ask me there's many artists that are as good if not better in their latter years. For example Eminem. I know many would disagree, but personally I hated some of his early material. Especially "My Name Is" is such an irritating song. In general I prefer the angrier voice that he uses these days, compared to the voice he used in his early years. The last few Prodigy albums are some of their best. Red Hot Chili Peppers music before Mothers Milk was pretty terrible. Much prefer their new music over that. Cypress Hill still makes cool music etc... Often the problem isn't really in the artist but in the fans. The fans love the early stuff so much that they don't accept anything different sounding from their favorite band. But if the band makes similar sounding music their whole career, the fans get bored and only listen to the early stuff that they originally fell in love with anyway.

29 minutes ago, papashaun said:

For Instance, I'm sure if someone pulls a Metallica album to listen to, "Hard Wired to Self Destruct" isn't going to be the first choice that comes to mind. 

Not a big Metallica fan, but in general I like their newer stuff a bit more than the early stuff. I'd rather listen to Hard Wired than Ride The Lightning.

32 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Aerosmith, do you really pull up "Just Push Play" or "Music From Another Dimension" to listen through that often?

I agree that early Aerosmith is the only good Aerosmith. Then again I only like a couple of their songs so...

36 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Motley Crue's "Saints of Los Angeles" anybody still have that on rotation regularly?

Saints of Los Angeles is actually the only song by Motley Crue that I somewhat enjoy.

37 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Even, The Eagles....a lot of people don't even realize they released an album of new material in 2007 (Long Road Out of Eden).

I should check that album out. I like some of their songs, but it's not my favorite type of music.

40 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Van Halen..."A Different Kind of Truth" in 2012, don't actually think I've heard a single note off that one in all honesty. Anything stand out to you from The Rolling Stones?

Van Halen has always sucked if you ask me. Their only good song is You Really Got Me and the original Kinks version is better anyway.

I do understand what you're saying though. A big reason why artists start to suck is because they stop taking risks. They stop experimenting so they become uninteresting. As long as Axl's involved, that shouldn't be a problem with GNR. If anything the next album might be a bit too different compared to their early material. I'm probably gonna love it though, cause I loved Chinese Democracy and the bits we've heard of the unreleased material sounds amazing to me.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, papashaun said:

Why?

Hard wired is so good tho. 

And i disagree, respectfully. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, papashaun said:

This is really depressing to read. Not just in GNR context, in general. I have no opinion, but I hope you're wrong.

• Like 1

Just look at pop cultural musical history, even taking rock music specifically. I really can't recall an album release by an established band in their "latter" years that's a stand out, go to, or album even listened to more than a couple of times.

Someone else already mentioned Clockwork Angels by Rush which is a great example of a great later-years album.  As well as:

Lighting Bolt by Pearl Jam, King Animal by Soundgarden, Blue & Lonesome by The Rolling Stones, the last few albums Robert Plant came out with, even Bowie's last album

All in all the potential for a new GNR album to be great is there.  Axl has his stockpiled songs from 1997 onwards, Slash still makes killer riffs, etc.  Whether or not that potential will come to fruition is a good question, but I feel like a new GNR album with Slash and Duff on it can be great

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm thankful that they caught the lastest pic of Slash's amp but yeah, I don't see anything legit about the claim that the pic has anything to do with new music. If anything, the amp is probably just being prepped for the upcoming GN'R tour. 

Or serviced after being used on the SMKC tour.

• Like 1

Why?

You're missing out on some GREAT music by choosing not to listen to later material by bands. 

You really haven't heard A Different King Of Truth by Halen? I've been enjoying that album for 7 years. It's a GREAT Van Halen album. 

The Stones have a single called Doom & Gloom that kicks ten kinds of us. Also, their Lonesome & Blue album was great. 

I could go on and on. There's tons of great music from artists in their later stages of their careers. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, papashaun said:

Why?

Aerosmith released Pump and Get A Grip almost 20 years into their career and they are 2 of their best and most successfull albums. I wouldn't put it behind GNR to release something close to that in greatness, they're pretty much the same genre too. Depends on what direction Axl will steer the music and if it will be a mess, largely anyways IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

You're missing out on some GREAT music by choosing not to listen to later material by bands. 

You really haven't heard A Different King Of Truth by Halen? I've been enjoying that album for 7 years. It's a GREAT Van Halen album. 

The Stones have a single called Doom & Gloom that kicks ten kinds of us. Also, their Lonesome & Blue album was great. 

I could go on and on. There's tons of great music from artists in their later stages of their careers. 

I agree.

Worship Music by Anthrax (Album number 11) is one of my all time favourite albums!

I hate this idea that once people/bands become older they have nothing more to offer.

• Like 4

i have pretty high hopes that we'll get a good album... not as good as afd or uyi cuz nothing can come close to that stuff but i think axl learned a lesson or two from cd and slash and duff are both great at being simple as fuck... we're gonna get a good straight up rock album with two or three weird ass songs that some will hate and some will love but at the end of the day i dont think even gnr can fuck this up

band was younger too... but forget gnr, i dont think any band nowadays can create any one album with as many classics on it... wttj and pc on afd, nr and dc on uyi1, estranged and ycbm on uyi2... pretty fuckin hard to beat... and im leaving out many others but i just cant see anyone ever putting together 2 songs of that caliber on one record but thats just me