[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I do remember that, yeah. But this is where I completely disagree. There was money in it 20 years ago and Axl still tinkered away and delayed it again and again. And even with Slash n' Duff, if there was money in a new album I honestly don't believe it would have changed Axl's position as I see it which is if he doesn't think it's good, he's not going to release the shit. If true, that's a form of artistic integrity.

Axl is not The Stone Roses bro. Axl could have reunited with Slash when Robin left, when Bucket left, when Robin left again, etc and they would've still made a killing. Could have done so years ago just for the money. I'm saying maybe it's not just for the money. Isn't it possible Axl needed the time to forgive Slash? and it wasn't forgiving him to tour it was touring cause he forgave him. It's only predictable in the sense that most people chill a little and can compromise if you give them enough time, especially 2 decades of it.

But I think I get it. Even the word "reunion" in a musical context is kinda dirty and usually I'd agree with you but in Gn'R's case remember it was gradual. First Duff helped Axl out when Tommy was unavailable, they became friends again and then Bumble left and Axl needed a replacement. It happened more organically and Duff may have played the part of the mediator, successfully getting Axl to see it in a different perspective.

Perhaps you’re right man, perhaps I’m just cynical.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Perhaps you’re right man, perhaps I’m just cynical.

I'm just fuckin' with you. This band is a joke. A nostalgia act. Daisy is correct. Axl will never release another album ever again.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I'm just fuckin' with you. This band is a joke. A nostalgia act. Daisy is correct. Axl will never release another album ever again.

I made a screanshoot of your post and will show u again in some month? Are u the 99.99 % of the people who thought that Axl and Slash will never play again together ?????

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I made a screanshoot of your post and will show u again in some month? Are u the 99.99 % of the people who thought that Axl and Slash will never play again together ?????

he probably was.  Its "fans" like him who will complain as soon as the album drops too.  "wah, it doesn't sound like 1986, wah where is Izzy, wah, wah wah"  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Ha! Good one. I was one of those people who used to make fun of those fans who believed that Axl and Slash would ever play together again. I used to called them naive. :lol:

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

It was just a silly joke. I still hope a new Gn'R album will be released. I believe in Axl and the holy band.

• Haha 1

I am probably more cynical than most here, but I have no doubt that Axl will release new music sooner or later. It took ages for CD to come out, but it did. It took ages for Slash and Duff to rejoin, but they did. Plus, the fact there is apparently so much music recorded, why wouldn't it come out at one point, especially now considering the band is more active than ever.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I am probably more cynical than most here, but I have no doubt that Axl will release new music sooner or later. It took ages for CD to come out, but it did. It took ages for Slash and Duff to rejoin, but they did. Plus, the fact there is apparently so much music recorded, why wouldn't it come out at one point, especially now considering the band is more active than ever.

I also think the fact that they are being so incredibly aggressive with these leaks means that they still have plans for at least some of this material. 

I was listening to Sirius XM channel Classic Rewind this afternoon and the DJ lady said before playing WTTJ that she heard a rumor GNR will release an EP rather than a whole album. She didn’t mention any timeframe and also said it’s only a rumor, so who knows. I wonder what the reaction around here would be if they actually did an EP instead of full LP. 

46 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

I was listening to Sirius XM channel Classic Rewind this afternoon and the DJ lady said before playing WTTJ that she heard a rumor GNR will release an EP rather than a whole album. She didn’t mention any timeframe and also said it’s only a rumor, so who knows. I wonder what the reaction around here would be if they actually did an EP instead of full LP. 

Providing they use it as a stepping stone towards working on an LP, then that would be fine. Fans need something to tie them over.

IMO an EP would be a bit of a let down compared to a full album but if it tides us over for an album of new material then I’ll take what we can get just now. Tbh an EP would probably fit in with the way the band works nowadays 

Fans want a reunion - we end up with half a reunion 

Fans want new songs - we’ll  end up with up with half worked CD era songs. 

Fans want a full album - we’ll end up with half an album 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

IMO an EP would be a bit of a let down compared to a full album but if it tides us over for an album of new material then I’ll take what we can get just now. Tbh an EP would probably fit in with the way the band works nowadays 

Fans want a reunion - we end up with half a reunion 

Fans want new songs - we’ll  end up with up with half worked CD era songs. 

Fans want a full album - we’ll end up with half an album 

Who knows if a new album would be any good.  An EP of their best songs would be better than a lengthy album of mehhhh songs.  

23 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

She's the second person to mention the EP rumor.

23 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in it if she said she just “heard a rumor.” She probably just googled GnR and found that bullshit article from alternative nation that took my own speculation on this forum and purposefully put it out of context just to make a headline out of it.

the guy from planetrock U.K. said it like he had heard about it from the inside, tho.

10 minutes ago, Amir said:

citogenesis.png

Yeah this is exactly what happened, in this case. :lol:

like I said, tho, we heard about the EP thing first from planetrock uk, long before alt nation wrote a bullshit puff piece on it. So there may still be some truth to it. We’ll see, I guess.

7 minutes ago, betterman said:

Some rumors going around about the tracklisting of the EP being Quick Song (re-recorded), Atlas shrugged (re-redorded), t-Rex cover, Shadow of your love and one or two live tracks

A new recording of Shadow? Or the Locked and Loaded version from last year?

also, where did you hear this? The discord? And why would the band be trying to stop the current potential leaks if only two of the songs from the storage locker discs are effected?

Edited by rocknroll41

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

A new recording of Shadow? Or the Locked and Loaded version from last year?

also, where did you hear this? The discord? And why would the band be trying to stop the current potential leaks if only two of the songs from the storage locker discs are effected?

SOYL - dont know

I heard about a NITL blu-ray last year with to bonus studio tracks (one was Atlas shrugged) and some live tracks, but I have heard from people in other forums/Discords that Quick song will be the other new studio track. The T-rex song I think was confirmed sometime last year that they had recorded. 

Only two of the locker tracks now, but certainly Axl will work with more of the tracks for later full album(s)

1 minute ago, betterman said:

SOYL - dont know

I heard about a NITL blu-ray last year with to bonus studio tracks (one was Atlas shrugged) and some live tracks, but I have heard from people in other forums/Discords that Quick song will be the other new studio track. The T-rex song I think was confirmed sometime last year that they had recorded. 

Only two of the locker tracks now, but certainly Axl will work with more of the tracks for later full album(s)

Ha! Full albums! :lol:

EDIT: in all seriousness, I appreciate the clarification. Are we sure the T-Rex cover was confirmed tho? I kinda remember someone coming out and saying it was all a misunderstanding. I could be wrong tho.

Edited by rocknroll41

6 minutes ago, betterman said:

The most frustrating thing is that everything takes sooo F#`n long time..

The EP should drop along with the new tour dates, but I guess that they will not meet the deadline (again), (if they have a deadline...)

Yeah. Plus, while I’m excited that the possibility of new music soon is starting to seem more real, it’s kinda funny that it’s looking like it’ll just be a song that was already done and ready for Chinese Democracy (just cut at the last minute due to timing constraints), a song that they apparently have like twenty different takes of (so one of them is bound to be good enough, I guess), a song we already had a studio version of just last year, and then a bunch of covers and/or live cuts...

Don’t get me wrong; I still want it, and I hope it happens, cause at least it’s SOMETHING. I’ll still buy it, for sure... it’d just be nice if it could also include just a LITTLE something more. Thyme! Seven!... Something!

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, betterman said:

Some rumors going around about the tracklisting of the EP being Quick Song (re-recorded), Atlas shrugged (re-redorded), t-Rex cover, Shadow of your love and one or two live tracks

That sounds fucking terrible. Who wants live tracks, another SOYL and a Rex cover? Nobody... Though i suppose beggars can't be choosers...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1