[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ha! Full albums! :lol:

EDIT: in all seriousness, I appreciate the clarification. Are we sure the T-Rex cover was confirmed tho? I kinda remember someone coming out and saying it was all a misunderstanding. I could be wrong tho.

There was a rumour that GNR had recorded Children of the Revolution for a tribute album, but the producer said while they didn't feature on his album, he did hear that Axl had recorded it elsewhere.

2 hours ago, betterman said:

Some rumors going around about the tracklisting of the EP being Quick Song (re-recorded), Atlas shrugged (re-redorded), t-Rex cover, Shadow of your love and one or two live tracks

I'm sure it's a load of shit, but if it is true, they may as well stick Hard School on there as well, as long as it doesn't replace any of the other previously unheard tracks.

That rumoured ep does not float my boat... but I’d take it. Although children of the revolution cracks me up as a possibility.

id much prefer the original recordings of CD era stuff, personally. But again, I’ll take re-recorded gladly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There was a rumour that GNR had recorded Children of the Revolution for a tribute album, but the producer said while they didn't feature on his album, he did hear that Axl had recorded it elsewhere.

Separate from GnR tho, right? I specifically remember him also saying that.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Separate from GnR tho, right? I specifically remember him also saying that.

They are not on the record. In fact Children Of The Revolution is done by Kesha with a live orchestra that features Wayne Kramer and LA’s Jack Shit band that has members of Elvis C and Jackson B’s bands.

There is a rumour that Axl Rose recorded that song for a different Bolan project without Guns N’ Roses, but again, it is not ours.

^^ producer Wilner.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Source? 

The source, like all of these rumors, is this forum lol. 

This was discussed a year ago or so. The information came out about Kesha actually doing the song, not GNR. @Liodug up and posted the only real accurate statement we've seen.

Other than that, it's just people dusting off old rumors that started here, then trying to pass it off as "new information". 

• Thanks 1

I really hope the EP rumour isn’t true at all. If it were true then that’s not something that sounds great IMO. Also if the tracks rumoured to be on the EP were true then that’s something that could’ve and should’ve been released at least over a year ago. 

I’ve read rumours on here since 2017 that Slash had recorded a solo for Atlas Shrugged so that’s not new news.  SOYL is a 30 year old song that should’ve been on Lies and if they were going to put live songs on it then you would think they would use 2016 performances. As for Quick song and a T. rex cover I’m sure it wouldn’t take long to record them (well Slash and Duff anyway) especially if there were already lyrics/ vocals already there for Quick Song. IMO there’s no reason why that couldn’t have all been done for last year to tidy us over for a full album maybe next year. Hopefully rumours is all it is. 

Edited by Gold top 78

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Ppretentious drivel

Who gives a Fuck about any of that. We want new music because its out favorite band

You apparently have no understanding of what the word pretentious actually means buddy.  That prior post in no way, shape or form meets the definition of pretentious.

All reasonable points and just one persons opinion.....unsure why the need to respond in such a rude  (and ignorant) manner.

Just now, Slave to the Dave said:

You apparently have no understanding of what the word pretentious actually means buddy.  That prior post in no way, shape or form meets the definition of pretentious.

All reasonable points and just one persons opinion.....unsure why the need to respond in such a rude  (and ignorant) manner.

Lol

NGL this "EP" being discussed sounds like absolute shit .... We've been waiting 11 years for something new .... 2 20 year old songs 1 30 year old song 1 cover of an even older song and 2 live performances of AFD? GIVE ME A BREAK - If Axl can't figure out how to release a full-length album with two of his original bandmates back then just hang up the coat & spare us any more agony 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Slave to the Dave said:

Acting like you're somehow above other fans is pretty pretentious. Which is what that post was all about, IMO. The user seemed to feel the need to remind us all how much more educated they were on music. They were probably oretty embarrassed when a bunch of users argued all of their points though. 

If @ZoSoRoseis guilty of anything, it's that he's late to the party in pointing out what a ridiculous post that was seeing as a bunch of others already did it. 

• Like 3

In the end of the day. We are hoping for music written late 90s to early 00s. That sucks. 

These goofs should just release their old CD stuff and write a new fukn album together.  Money is coming from the tour anyway so at least keep the hardcore fan base happy. And fuck, go get that 2 weeks of radio play. Better than only classic rock stations. You never know the one random song that just might grab mainstream attention.

• Like 1

It takes like two months for a new release to be manufactured and shipped to record stores, right? So if we don’t hear official news about this by the end of this month, then it’s not happening this year, or this decade for that matter (unless you count Locked N’ Loaded from last year).

I guess there’s also the option that the band wants to pull a Beyoncé and drop something by surprise online any day before the end of the year (with the physical release to then follow sometime early next year). That doesn’t seem like something GnR would wanna do, tho.

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It takes like two months for a new release to be manufactured and shipped to record stores, right? So if we don’t hear official news about this by the end of this month, then it’s not happening this year, or this decade for that matter (unless you count Locked N’ Loaded from last year).

I guess there’s also the option that the band wants to pull a Beyoncé and drop something by surprise online any day before the end of the year (with the physical release to then follow sometime early next year). That doesn’t seem like something GnR would wanna do, tho.

Personally, I think that IF we're going to get any sort of release, they will do the Beyonce thing with a surprise streaming release, followed by a physical version later. 

I remain (unfortunately) convinced that absolutely nothing new is coming from GNR this year, but IF something comes, I assume that's how it'll happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I've mentioned this before that I think this is what will happen. This will prevent leaks. Also, the expectations of a GNR album with Axl and Slash are quite high.  By dropping a surprise album or songs online would alleviate those expectations a bit. Additionally everything is online anyway. 

Edited by Draguns

20 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I've mentioned this before that I think this is what will happen. This will prevent leaks. Also, the expectations of a GNR album with Axl and Slash are quite high.  By dropping a surprise album or songs online would alleviate those expectations a bit. Additionally everything is online anyway. 

I hope you’re right. I really do. But I’ve been conditioned for disappointment, at this point.

21 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

NGL this "EP" being discussed sounds like absolute shit .... We've been waiting 11 years for something new .... 2 20 year old songs 1 30 year old song 1 cover of an even older song and 2 live performances of AFD? GIVE ME A BREAK - If Axl can't figure out how to release a full-length album with two of his original bandmates back then just hang up the coat & spare us any more agony 

As far as I'm aware the only 'rumour' of an EP comes from a DJ on a rock radio station saying he's heard a rumour that they may release something; a comment he probably made totally off the cuff after playing GNR and wanting to say something...and the 'I hear they may release something new' comment is probably the standard thing for someone to say about GNR now. 

Please correct me if there's any other 'rumour' of an EP other than speculation on forums, as I'm unaware of it......

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As far as I'm aware the only 'rumour' of an EP comes from a DJ on a rock radio station saying he's heard a rumour that they may release something; a comment he probably made totally off the cuff after playing GNR and wanting to say something...and the 'I hear they may release something new' comment is probably the standard thing for someone to say about GNR now. 

Please correct me if there's any other 'rumour' of an EP other than speculation on forums, as I'm unaware of it......

Yeah you’re right. There’s no other source for the EP rumor other than the off-the-cuff comment from the radio DJ.

At least one new song by the end of this year will probably happen tho. Gotta do something for that new pinball machine, after all!

Better face it: we're not going to get an official release anytime soon. I believe Axl, Slash, and Duff are going to try but anyone who thinks they're gonna do it in 2020 or in 2021 is delusional or just ignorant with all due respect to ignorant people.