[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

48 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I can't imagine Slash to be Ok for work on music who are not close to the AFD or UYI

Slash folded.. Everything that mattered to him for so many years has been thrown out the window for large amounts of cash...

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash folded.. Everything that mattered to him for so many years has been thrown out the window for large amounts of cash...

he could've been the next jimmy page but him and axl couldn't jive

i would've liked slash not to be so stubborn on going in new directions - i would've been ok with a massive shift with guns if gems like NR and Estranged were the direction even nine inch nails type stuff but CD was no mans territory 

axl also didn't provide slash enough direction he should've told him do the passengers album straight up as your own

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yeah, before they went to shit and started stealing content from MYGNR and other sources.

GNRCentral sucks, and has become little more than a content mill.

I do believe new music is on the horizon. I don't trust GNRCentral.

I used to really really like GNRCentral.  I abandoned it altogether after the Guns N Roses2 YouTube channel fiasco.  I was pretty annoyed about that.  Haven't watched a video or visited his site since and unsubscribed from his YT channels. 

4 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I used to really really like GNRCentral.  I abandoned it altogether after the Guns N Roses2 YouTube channel fiasco.  I was pretty annoyed about that.  Haven't watched a video or visited his site since and unsubscribed from his YT channels. 

What was the YouTube channel fiasco? I used to really like the site and channel too.

You may dislike what Richard says, but to say he has no knowledge of anything is just not true. 

Assuming Slash (and/or Duff) is indeed recording stuff, I'm sure Richard would have to rerecord stuff too. Even if it's Chinese leftovers, Slash's guitar work would probably change the original arrangement, thus demanding to record a new rhythm guitar. Same with Duff recording new bass lines. 

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

What was the YouTube channel fiasco? I used to really like the site and channel too.

He told people that he was "switching channels" and we all needed to follow his new GNRCentral2 channel.  After he released a few videos on it he rebranded it and it became "Classic Rock Tales" or something like that and he started uploading stories about other rock bands just like he does for GNR. He fooled people into subscribing for the channel instead of advertising it separately and building an audience organically.  I was completely done with him after that.  

I really appreciate some of the GNR Central interviews (Arlett Vereecke, Sean Beavan, Dave Dominguez, Andy Morahan...) that gave us good information. But, as far as the rest of the content goes, I don't think it's right to ask for paid subscriptions and use "clickbait" methods to get views, hence revenues (resulting also to quantity over quality), although it's mostly lifted from other sources (sometimes without even crediting them).

EDIT: And all this is not just recent, it has been like that almost since the beginning. There were incidents before, one and two years ago, that weren't called out in public. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

sideman at least gets good interviews was he banned from here? where is he? he used to post all his stories here so im sure he got his following starting from here then something happened

As far as I know, he's still posting here now and then. Maybe not his stories anymore after the incident Oldest Goat mentioned.

11 hours ago, betterman said:

According to Richard Fortus the what we can expect is a sound of GNR evolving further from Chinese Democracy into new "territories" and will not lean towards AFD/Classic rock-style

Yeah Richard Fortus is a very reliable source. Also Dizzy.

• Haha 1

I guess I'm the only optimistic one. I've been saying all year that I think new music from Guns N' Roses is coming sooner rather than later. I think it's very possible that there could be a new song released prior to the November 1st premiere of 'Terminator: Dark Fate'. It was on this very website that I learned Slash was recording parts at Axl's home studio at the end of April. My belief is that the short tour this fall under the "Not In This Lifetime" moniker is more of an unveiling of new music, where I think they could introduce as many as four new songs. I'm just putting the pieces together.

I have said it again, and again, and again. The band is keeping finished material under wraps so no one has the opportunity to leak it online in advance. It would not surprise me one bit if we woke up one day late this year or early next year to discover there's a new Guns N' Roses record in stores.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Same.. Music from this lineup, at this age, with Axl's voice doesn't excite me.. I would still by it and give it a chance but not something I am dying for.. The reunion started 3 1/2 years ago 10 years too late as it was... The longer it takes the less I care.

I would be more excited about a live Blu Ray of some sort from the classic era.

What makes you think thered even be new vocals? I could see him using 20 year old recordings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

What do you mean he folded? Axl now shows up on time to concerts, is generally in a good mood, and doesn't start riots. Seems like Slash had a lot to do with all of that.

• Like 1

Can't wait! no matter what GNR release I know I'm going to love it!

Axl cannot be rushed. It's part of his genius!;)

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns fans suffer from beaten housewife syndrome. What will it take for you all to have confirmation that Rose will never release a new album? How many Fortus prick teases will it take?

Out of all the comparisons you could have picked, you say this one? Come on!

It's a rumor, it's not a fact, It's just speculation, and maybe you guys are right about the clickbait, but if you think about it, it's not that far fetched either.

An album release now, meaning literally now (and not 2020), would be Axl's best move in years, and it would be the best of both worlds for everybody. 

Not only the fans would get entertained before the tour starts, but also they would go on tour already knowing that there were going to be new songs to be played, which would boost ticket sales absurdly.

Since there's also songs that can possibly be on the next record, floating around in fans hands, which shouldn't happen in the first place, Axl would probably be in time to cash in on those songs and would annihilate that underground illegal market.

If Axl was smart, he would try to get a deal done asap with the record company to release the new album sooner than 2020. August would be a great month for a single release, and September a great month to release the new album. Just my opinion.

Edited by Propaganda

25 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What do you mean he folded? Axl now shows up on time to concerts, is generally in a good mood, and doesn't start riots. Seems like Slash had a lot to do with all of that.

didn't he started showing up earlier before Slash came into the fold?? Also when was the last time he caused any riots? 2011?, 12? even before that??

27 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

didn't he started showing up earlier before Slash came into the fold?? Also when was the last time he caused any riots? 2011?, 12? even before that??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

What makes you think thered even be new vocals? I could see him using 20 year old recordings

That sounds like a disaster and another pieced together mess like CD.. Having Slash and Duff paste their parts over some 20 year old demo would be a very bizarre and backwards way of doing things.  It sure doesn't make it sound any more appealing. 

47 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I was more referring to the musical direction of the band, multiple keyboardists, lineup type of things... 

He may have had something to do with Axl's punctuality.. Or it could have been lawyers and contracts.. or meds ;)

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

He told people that he was "switching channels" and we all needed to follow his new GNRCentral2 channel.  After he released a few videos on it he rebranded it and it became "Classic Rock Tales" or something like that and he started uploading stories about other rock bands just like he does for GNR. He fooled people into subscribing for the channel instead of advertising it separately and building an audience organically.  I was completely done with him after that.  

I think what happened was when the YouTube purge of all GNR material occurred his original channel got suspended so he had to make the second one while the first one was suspended. Then when the suspension was up he rebranded the second channel.