[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

2 hours ago, WAR41 said:

He told people that he was "switching channels" and we all needed to follow his new GNRCentral2 channel.  After he released a few videos on it he rebranded it and it became "Classic Rock Tales" or something like that and he started uploading stories about other rock bands just like he does for GNR. He fooled people into subscribing for the channel instead of advertising it separately and building an audience organically.  I was completely done with him after that.  

Oh right, I remember that. I had subscribed to his 2nd channel but now it's just videos about "true story of..." whatever. Which tbh is all info that we've heard before or can read elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

That sounds like a disaster and another pieced together mess like CD.. Having Slash and Duff paste their parts over some 20 year old demo would be a very bizarre and backwards way of doing things.  It sure doesn't make it sound any more appealing. 

I'm not saying I disagree. I'm juat concerned thats how he will do it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm not saying I disagree. I'm juat concerned thats how he will do it

I’d hope they’d consider re-recording the entire tracks minus the vocals from the ground up. Then strip back a lot of what they put on the old vocals to make them sound more lively/human and paste them on top. You’d get a reworked song that’s more in line with what the band sounds like today instead of Duff/rhythm section sounding like CD era GNR with Slash riffs punched in 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I want an album that heavily features Frank & Melissa, a whole load of Pitman cameos, plus Slash playing backup for Robin, Bucket, Fortus & Tobias, simply so I can relish in how much it will piss people off. And the icing on the cake will be that the casuals won't even notice the difference.

The Salt would be amazing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Amir said:

Release it in November on the same day as Shenmue III :P

Then release it exclusively on the epic store 🤣.

I cant wait for shenmue 3 though, backed it for $600 on the kickstarter.

...oh yeah, I guess i'm looking forward to GNR plans too, but any new album they make will probably just sit in the vault anyways 😜

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

If they start from scratch that could put the release date back a year or two, fans are already pulling their hair out now and have been for a while for new music. 

My count is 2011 on. Problem was that Axl said he saw chinese as two records, and that we'd be seeing the follow up much sooner than the wait for the original Chinese. That was 2008 when he said that... so lots of people were hungry for the next record by the time the first year of touring was over with 2010. By 2011, the press were asking all the members if there was a new album, from then on it was constant... and we got, nothing! NITL was what was it was, good and even great in places! but it did not stop the clock between records. Chinese Democracy came out 11 years ago this November! 11 years!!! 

Early next year would be a pleasant surprise but I would not be surprised if it didn't materialise until this time next year or later. And you're right, if they did start from scratch, even though Slash can and has written records in very short amounts of time, I just cannot see him being able to do that within GNR. Look, I've waited 10 years, I can wait another two... but I also want Axl to be able to hit the notes with power when he's promoting the record... and the closer he gets to 60, time will not wait for him and his voice will start to get worse and worse... it's already pretty evident that he does not have the Sammy Hagar gene!

• Like 1

I’d be surprised if they release anything “new”. All of us would be thrilled for any form of new music - post-2016, recrafted Chinese work, or leftover Chinese-era work with Robin, Bucket, and Bumble

I don’t think a new album will boost ticket sales - this isn’t 1991. A song on Terminator will not have a You Could be Mine impact - no matter how good. Modern day pop culture isn’t GNR. NILT was successful because of nostalgia. If they keep touring year after year, I doubt they could go back to stadiums (at least in the US)

Well we all know how money hungry Team Brazil is and probably Axl, maybe there worried about with an album release wont get the "hearing" it deserves, since let's face it not too many people buy albums anymore, eventhough the album would be huge since it would be the 1st "real" GNR record with Slash n Duff in 28 years, but the success wont last for that long even with a tour. This idea may be shit but it's just a quick thought, I'd say drop a new single every or every other week, let's say 12 songs on a new album, 12 singles 12 weeks, the last single will also coincide with CD/ Vinyl release of the full album for people who actually want to have the album in there hands, while only the singles would be on iTunes, Spotify etc.. Typing this kinda makes no sense but it would possibly increase album sales, and get there singles #1 on the charts with a new song every week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Well we all know how money hungry Team Brazil is and probably Axl, maybe there worried about with an album release wont get the "hearing" it deserves, since let's face it not too many people buy albums anymore, eventhough the album would be huge since it would be the 1st "real" GNR record with Slash n Duff in 28 years, but the success wont last for that long even with a tour. This idea may be shit but it's just a quick thought, I'd say drop a new single every or every other week, let's say 12 songs on a new album, 12 singles 12 weeks, the last single will also coincide with CD/ Vinyl release of the full album for people who actually want to have the album in there hands, while only the singles would be on iTunes, Spotify etc.. Typing this kinda makes no sense but it would possibly increase album sales, and get there singles #1 on the charts with a new song every week.

A single song per week is probably the smartest move - I don't think my heart could handle the shock if they dropped a whole album in one day.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who finds it odd that this “rumor” hit the market days after The Golden Ticket 🎫 of unreleased music was discovered?

Let’s looks a little further: 👀 

Tom Zutats locker gets bought by a random person. A Super fan buys cds from said locker. 2 new tracks leak, one of them being the 1st or 2nd most anticipated unreleased GnR track. We discover there are at least 15 cds of unreleased music 🎶. We get photos of track listings. Supposedly the GnR camp gets word about the cds, and reaches out to the new owner. The GnR camp strike a deal with the owner of The Golden Ticket and stops the unreleased music from leaking...for now. 

What’s GnR and TB thinking right now? Are they starting to panic and realize we have to get music out soon so we can make money from it (as opposed to it leaking and everyone gets them all for free)? 

I don’t know guys, this sounds logical to me 🤨

They don’t really have to give a shit. These are some fifteen to twenty-year old song snippets, and whatever GNR will release as their next record, it definitely won’t be just ChinDem II. With Slash and Duff back in the band, they’ll surely want their stuff on there too, songs they created together/recently etc. So even if they include something from ChD II (which I hope they will), it will be completely revamped, and I don’t think they need to care about some old demos, especially if Axl has shitloads of these tunes in the drawer. 

• Like 1