[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

than they have been letting on

is that a joke ? all 30 band members they have had in the past 10 years keep telling us about the new album they are working on. 

the Curly Shuffle better be on it !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ohk so you're just waiting and waiting and waiting...and waiting for leaks but you'll turn your nose up at official releases? Nah I don't think so. You're too much of an avid GNR fan, old boy.

You hate that I can see how much you'd love new material from your idol, W. Axl Rose. :lol:

It doesn't matter what I, you or anybody else thinks. Rose will never release new material. NEVER.

You all go back to speculating - ''maybe it'll be released in 2021? Maybe there will be new stuff on the new Terminator? Maybe Slash will add some solos to Chinese 2'' - like a bunch of beaten-up housewives who think their drunken ape of a husband has ''reformed''. Nope, you are never getting your Guns N' Roses cheese Goat.

Last time Slash was in the band, they were releasing records every 2 years or so. 
Why do people constantly disregard that the ChinDem era and the Reunion era are two distinct, separate matters? Whatever had been promised by whomever ceased to apply by the 2015/16 dividing line. With the reunion, everything has started anew. 
And since 90 % of the "reunited" time has been filled by touring so far, there’s no wonder we haven’t seen anything new yet. We’ve been promised some studio work by the musicians (mainly Slash) once their solo tours are finished. Again, this has nothing to do with any repeated "promises" of the ChinDem era, with different musicians, management, and leadership structure. 
So far, they’ve only had a few months for any constructive work. 
Put it into correct perspective, people. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Last time Slash was in the band, they were releasing records every 2 years or so. 
Why do people constantly disregard that the ChinDem era and the Reunion era are two distinct, separate matters? Whatever had been promised by whomever ceased to apply by the 2015/16 dividing line. With the reunion, everything has started anew. 
And since 90 % of the "reunited" time has been filled by touring so far, there’s no wonder we haven’t seen anything new yet. We’ve been promised some studio work by the musicians (mainly Slash) once their solo tours are finished. Again, this has nothing to do with any repeated "promises" of the ChinDem era, with different musicians, management, and leadership structure. 

Maybe because the two "distinct eras" have two little things in common: it's still Axl's band, and they still respond to a record label

Edited by Duwz

8 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Izzy and Steven could come back tomorrow   release 2 albums and a dvd and people would still complain.

Yes, some (!) people would still complain because they would not happy with the new product (yes, product). Its the nature of things that some fans are happy and some or unhappy with the current status or happenings of their favorite band, be it the newest album, the tour route, the latest interview or whatever.

But in terms of GNR everyone on this forum complaints because there still is nothing to judge, review or debate like fans of other bands can do on an „objective“ basis, if you know what I mean. That’s the difference. 

Hence, all we can do is to complain how shitty the band is treating us, the fans. This leads us to the same endless discussions in thousands of new threads which seem like everyone wants nothing to do than complain. In fact, its all just the result of being desperate in terms of being a GNR fan. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh, I'm getting my cheese my good man and I'll be enjoying it as I stand over the grave of your forced cynicism(which you use as a shield because you love GNR too much to be hurt again). 

Yes. I have my toy trucks ordered. Already have the boxset. Got my beach towel. Paid up as a member of the Nightrain. Think that all bootleggers should burn in hell. Best fan in the world I am.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Duwz said:

Maybe because the two "distinct eras" have two little things in common: it's still Axl's band, and they still respond to a record label

However, in no way is the current relationship structure the same as it was in Axl’s former solo band with hired musicians. There’s no reason why Slash should participate if the environment was the same like it was during UYI. He could make money without Axl. Less, but still. 
It’s just different now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

They recorded material throughout the UYI tour, so there's no excuse as to why they couldn't have done the same during the 3 years of the NITL tour. It's the same old shit as the last decade, but now just with different names.

Why would the band bother with music when they're clearly happy enough making their money through toy boxes, cheese, tonka trucks and instagram filters? :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

They recorded material throughout the UYI tour, so there's no excuse as to why they couldn't have done the same during the 3 years of the NITL tour. It's the same old shit as the last decade, but now just with different names.

I agree, it is the same situation. Getting Guns N' Roses to record and release is like pulling fucking teeth.

But there is a difference between what they did during the UYI tour. What they did then was record for 'Spaghetti', and it was never meant as a very serious record from the band. Hence, they accepted to do the recording in less uhm, controlled manner, sometimes with borrowed equipment and in various studios across the world. More spontaneous. Less takes. Less meticular pondering over the vocals. I doubt Axl (and perhaps Slash) would be okay with such an approach to recording a new, serious record. Especially one that would stand its own next to 'Appetite' and the 'Illusions' The exception would if the only thing needed were new tracks from Slash and Duff, like new leads and overdubs. Then maybe they could do those while touring.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It doesn't matter what I, you or anybody else thinks. Rose will never release new material. NEVER.

You all go back to speculating - ''maybe it'll be released in 2021? Maybe there will be new stuff on the new Terminator? Maybe Slash will add some solos to Chinese 2'' - like a bunch of beaten-up housewives who think their drunken ape of a husband has ''reformed''. Nope, you are never getting your Guns N' Roses cheese Goat.

I keep your post and will send you a message very soon when we will have new music ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Tenderness part 2 🙄.

That's a bit silly. Tenderness is obviously not a GNR album, nor was it meant to be that. If Duff was to write for GNR, it wouldn't be anything like that. Hence why he released it as a solo album.

• Like 3

I beleive some sort of product will be released. Whether its an album or ep to test the waters who the fuck knows. What i do hope is that it will a constant cycle of album, tour, album, tour like slash has said on a previous interview like normal fuckin bands, around skmc commitments. I think its a matter of when not if.

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

That's a bit silly. Tenderness is obviously not a GNR album, nor was it meant to be that. If Duff was to write for GNR, it wouldn't be anything like that. Hence why he released it as a solo album.

I hope not.

3 hours ago, Duwz said:

I think the record label knows with slash in the band and a third of the lineup, $$$$$$. The amount of money tjis tour has generated has confirmed that.

I don’t really know where I stand in terms of believing there will be new music anymore. I was once very opinionated but I’m more in the middle now. I do think the chances have lessened with a rumored 2020 tour next year. If that and the upcoming leg come and go without a new song played new music probably won’t happen, at least not for a while.

14 hours ago, Propaganda said:

It's a rumor, it's not a fact, It's just speculation, and maybe you guys are right about the clickbait, but if you think about it, it's not that far fetched either.

An album release now, meaning literally now (and not 2020), would be Axl's best move in years, and it would be the best of both worlds for everybody. 

Not only the fans would get entertained before the tour starts, but also they would go on tour already knowing that there were going to be new songs to be played, which would boost ticket sales absurdly.

Since there's also songs that can possibly be on the next record, floating around in fans hands, which shouldn't happen in the first place, Axl would probably be in time to cash in on those songs and would annihilate that underground illegal market.

If Axl was smart, he would try to get a deal done asap with the record company to release the new album sooner than 2020. August would be a great month for a single release, and September a great month to release the new album. Just my opinion.

I actually thought that maybe, the upcoming shows may be showcasing some new music like the uyi theatre shows were. Then i rembered this in continuation of nitl so that dropped that idea........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Why would the band bother with music when they're clearly happy enough making their money through toy boxes, cheese, tonka trucks and instagram filters? :facepalm:

Yet 1) a lot of the material had been written prior to the UYI tour; 2) they had a lot to prove, make an Appetite follower etc.; 3) undoubtedly were pushed by producers and the likes; 4) NITL was supposed to be a reunion tour, so no surprises there regarding the lack of new music. Etc. 

All I’m saying is if Slash said they’d properly get to it only in the fall, there’s no reason not to believe him all of a sudden. When was the last time he's lied about making records with Guns? Also, given they’re not 25 anymore, have families, nothing to prove, and do solo stuff around, I can understand they’re taking their time. But folks constantly comparing it to the Chinese era are just plain wrong, that’s all. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yet 1) a lot of the material had been written prior to the UYI tour; 2) they had a lot to prove, make an Appetite follower etc.; 3) undoubtedly were pushed by producers and the likes; 4) NITL was supposed to be a reunion tour, so no surprises there regarding the lack of new music. Etc. 

All I’m saying is if Slash said they’d properly get to it only in the fall, there’s no reason not to believe him all of a sudden. When was the last time he's lied about making records with Guns? Also, given they’re not 25 anymore, have families, nothing to prove, and do solo stuff around, I can understand they’re taking their time. But folks constantly comparing it to the Chinese era are just plain wrong, that’s all. 

Speaking of CD i listened to it more the other day, and the mixing is just so shit. It needs a major remix because sonically it just really is disappointing.

Case in point prostitute. When gnr played as part of nitl it sounded like the guitars were up front in the mix and sounded more powerful, which to me is how it should sound on the album.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

The exception would if the only thing needed were new tracks from Slash and Duff, like new leads and overdubs. Then maybe they could do those while touring.

Yeah but Axl specifically said in the China exchange interview he wants to first write lyrics this time around and then add the music to it at least for some of the tunes I imagine. This leads me to believe the process will still be a long one and with no "shortcuts". My guess is some of the material will be new tunes that will originate from Axl's lyrics, and the rest will be updated Chinese era material and new Slash n' Duff tunes.

I still believe there's a chance this line up can complete an album and Axl will release it. I just don't think there's any chance it will be anytime soon. I think Axl will again take his time with it making sure it is worthy of the Gn'R name and will treat it like a musical puzzle again only this time he's got Slash n' Duff in his band probably a lot more willing to try more of his ideas and to play on the material he has accumulated. Same approach of not really considering how long it takes, only if it's good enough to be released. (does it have the Gn'R dna in it and is it another proper musical statement)

At least a couple of years from now if at all

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, betterman said:

I think the radioguy from Planetrock actually mentioned an EP and not a full album, this is maybe more plausible.

Yep, he said watch out for a film soundtrack later in the year, then an EP after that. It did strike me, Alice Cooper has a nightly show on that station so there could be a hint of truth to the EP rumour, depending how close he is to the band these days. 

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What do we actually know about Thyme? 

I want Soul Monster too, that's supposed to be some trippy epic about Elvis travelling through space or something, right? Maybe someone here said that as a joke. :lol:

That would be a welcome change. I've grown tired of the Axl settling scores with former lovers and bandmates lyrics! I will take one song ripping on Chris Pitman, but that's it!

• GNFNR 1