[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

On 8/1/2019 at 3:36 AM, Mendez said:

I remember in an interview, Slash had said he'd bring new ideas in with the conspirators, and they'd say "woah that isn't 4/4". I hope if there ever is a new record, Slash develops more complex ideas (be it time signatures, or compostion) than what he has previously relied on in all his groups.

What would be cool is the departures he has taken from his typical pentatonic classic rock style riffs, such as

-Good to be Alive (killer chromatic riff progression in the prechorus)

-American Man (the verses progression and his contrasting riff sounded different than what I expect from him, i'm sure someone else can describe it better for me)

-Nothing to Say (palm muted metal riffing),

-Speed Parade (a heavy metal style main riff, and a slower thrash metal type bridge)

-Serial Killer (that fucking solo arpeggio thing was amazing),

-Anastasia (neo classical intro riff)

-She Mine (verses sounded "different")

-Lost Inside the Girl (shit could be a James Bond theme. Swanky)

-Beneath the Savage Sun (the metal riff that gets even more metal at the end when the drummer starts doing a little double bass action alongside Slash's palm muted pattern. Also that soothing arpeggio lead in the bridge)

TL;DR I hope Slash does more metal/chromatic/grungey/arpeggiated leads/swanky shit

A serial killer, Anastasia, estranged, nothing to say, beggars and hangers on, wicked stone, beneath the savage sun mix album would be just fine to me. 

57 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Just saying if they dont finish recording a new album by the end of next year (not saying it will be released next year) I bet Slash would leave GNR again.

Child support is too high for Slash to leave again. He needs to keep getting those sweet toy truck profits.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Axl agreed to play songs like DTJ, Coma, Slither etc. was on time for almost every show. 

Slash/Duff agreed to play CD, even though it’s not really Slash’s style at all. 

Its a partnership now. Axl won’t just demand that they add parts to his existing songs. 

If Slash left again, Guns would be dead and buried. 

It's clearly a partnership, there had to be some interest from Slash and Duff to play the CD songs, or the tour wouldn't have lasted this long.  People love to make up a whole dynamic that doesn't make sense.

At this point, honestly, anyone who doesn't think Slash would be open to taking finished/nearly finished songs from the vault and putting his spin on it are simply not familiar with Slash's career.  He does that shit all the time, he's been on countless albums throwing down riffs and solos.  Anybody who thinks he would be open to laying down a solo for Daughtry(SP?) but not an unreleased Axl song that could end up making him some actual money is a fucking fool.  

At this point, honestly, anyone who doesn't think Slash would be open to taking finished/nearly finished songs from the vault and putting his spin on it are simply not familiar with Guns N Roses, as this was how many songs from the past catalogue worked.  Axl wrote them, and when he was thought the song was ready he turned it over to Slash to make it fucking magic.

People need to stop pre-loading their bitchfest and wait for the fucking album before they hate it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

It's clearly a partnership, there had to be some interest from Slash and Duff to play the CD songs, or the tour wouldn't have lasted this long.  People love to make up a whole dynamic that doesn't make sense.

At this point, honestly, anyone who doesn't think Slash would be open to taking finished/nearly finished songs from the vault and putting his spin on it are simply not familiar with Slash's career.  He does that shit all the time, he's been on countless albums throwing down riffs and solos.  Anybody who thinks he would be open to laying down a solo for Daughtry(SP?) but not an unreleased Axl song that could end up making him some actual money is a fucking fool.  

At this point, honestly, anyone who doesn't think Slash would be open to taking finished/nearly finished songs from the vault and putting his spin on it are simply not familiar with Guns N Roses, as this was how many songs from the past catalogue worked.  Axl wrote them, and when he was thought the song was ready he turned it over to Slash to make it fucking magic.

People need to stop pre-loading their bitchfest and wait for the fucking album before they hate it.

I’m sure Slash will be more than happy to put his take on Axls songs. 

What I really mean is, he will probably also want Axl to listen to his stuff and do something with it too. 

And he will want some kind of say in the overall direction of the music. 

It would be sad if a new album was just Slash re-recording a few parts. But I don’t think it will be. 

And I think Axl will be eager to hear what Slash has. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I would like to think its gonna happen, but how many time's can you hang around and be fooled.

But its not CD era anymore. The impossible already has happened with slash and axl reuniting. An album isn’t that far fetched anymore. It will happen. 

• Like 1

Anything that has GNRCentral as a source I immediately discredit.

The amount of times I've nearly gone an insane rant on their comments section about their clickbait titles.

If we get something on topgun2 or the new terminator then it's full sail ahead, otherwise there be nothing.

• Like 2

Personally I dont think a new GNR album would take just as long as CD, they know fans are waiting for a new album and how much could they tour there GH with Slash n Duff for. Axl has his material written and recorded all it needs is Slash n Duff to revamp it a bit, I'd say expect a new album in 1-2 years or sooner. I also think we'll be getting a new song for Terminator Dark Fate, but only time will tell.

26 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Personally I dont think a new GNR album would take just as long as CD, they know fans are waiting for a new album and how much could they tour there GH with Slash n Duff for. Axl has his material written and recorded all it needs is Slash n Duff to revamp it a bit, I'd say expect a new album in 1-2 years or sooner. I also think we'll be getting a new song for Terminator Dark Fate, but only time will tell.

We're only a few years off from the wait between TSI? And CD

• Like 1