Crashdiet history

Crashdiet was a west Arkeen song right?

I've been listening to this crap new wild side live album and they say it's a new song, that is about the death of razzle (Hanoi rocks) via the crash caused by Vince Neil.

Anyone have any insight into the song?

Edited by angriestwhopper
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I'm a massive WildSide fan and a couple of years back I messaged Benny Rhynedance (the guitarist of WildSide) on Facebook and asked more about their cover of Crash Diet, this is what he had to say about it:

And when I said that I actually preferred the WildSide version of the song because of the ending he said:

When I said that their cover in my opinion was far superior to the Asphalt Ballet version he said this:

From the conversations I had with him he felt like a really cool and down to earth guy, would love to hear @Gambit83 interview him on the podcast! I think he would be a great guest on the show! :)

Those guys come across as unprofessional tbh. Has anyone seen the bio that they wrote for themselves on Discogs? :lol: In everything that they say/write they always come across as really bitter about getting dropped from their label and bitter towards bands that actually found success. They seem to have an absurdly high view of themselves, I assume because the album no one bought goes for about 30 bucks on ebay, which they never fail to mention.

An interview with any of them should be quite interesting.

I read somewhere that Axl rejected their Crash Diet cover as he felt that something they included in the outro was disrespectful, but I didn't notice (or remember) anything that could be referring to. Can anyone fill me in?

Edited by Azifwekare

The demo with axl on has his vocals hard panned to either the left or right, which is good because its easy to create an instrumental and an accapella from it.

Crash Diet is a good song. The main riff is what makes it cool, BUT as with Bring it Back Home, some of the tempo changes are a little off. The pause that goes into the Guitar solo is awkward. Bring it back Home also has several changes that are abrupt and don't fit well, but they are just demos after all.

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

"GNR" version is pushing it right? Is anyone besides Axl and West even on it? Does anyone have Slashs opinion on the song?

No, just Axl, West & a drum track far as I know. I remember Slash saying something like they wouldn't consider the song it because it was something Axl & West did long time ago and it really didn't involve GN'R anyway. As I recall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

No, just Axl, West & a drum track far as I know. I remember Slash saying something like they wouldn't consider the song it because it was something Axl & West did long time ago and it really didn't involve GN'R anyway. As I recall.

Just as I thought. That song is really un-Slash like and I can see why he wouldn't even try to "make it his own". Too bad becuase it's actually a really great song, and it's cool how legendary it has become in fan circles. Wish they would maybe record it for a new album in the future, would be a cool tribute to West Arkeen who died tragically.