Mass Shooting at Walmart in El Paso

BlueJean Baby

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-near-el-paso-mall-police-responding-n1039001

El Paso mall shooting: Multiple people dead, suspect in custody, police say

"We’re praying for the victims, the community & our associates, as well as the first responders," Walmart said in a statement on Twitter.

Aug. 3, 2019, 1:43 PM ET / Updated Aug. 3, 2019, 3:35 PM ET

By Minyvonne Burke and Andrew Blankstein

Multiple people are dead, with at least 18 taken to hospitals after a shooting near a shopping mall in El Paso, law enforcement officials said. One person is in custody.

El Paso police also said at about 1 p.m. local time that there was no imminent threat at that point. Earlier Saturday, in several tweets, police urged people to stay away from the area near the Cielo Vista mall due to an "active shooter."

The police tweeted that the shooting situation was in the area of Hawkins and Gateway East boulevards, which is the location of a Walmart.

In a tweet Saturday afternoon, Walmart said it was "in shock."

"We’re praying for the victims, the community & our associates, as well as the first responders," a statement posted on Twitter read. "We’re working closely with law enforcement & will update as appropriate."

A University Medical Center of El Paso spokesman said multiple victims have been taken to different hospitals. University Medical Center got at least 10 victims with "level one" injuries, which is the most serious level, spokesman Ryan Mielke said.

"Our hearts go out to those who have been injured and the families of those who may have been killed," El Paso Mayor Dee Margo said during an interview with NBC affiliate KTSM in El Paso.

Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas, was an hour into a town hall meeting at Coronado High School 15 miles from the mall, when she abruptly had to end the event because of the shooting.

“You all, I am so sorry,” she said. “There is an active shooter. We are going to need to clear the event.”

The crowd gasped in response and began to move, according to the congresswoman’s Facebook Live video.

“Oh, it’s at Cielo Vista,” Escobar quickly clarified before apologizing for not being clearer.“We’ve been asked by law enforcement to just send everybody home,” she said.

A reunification site for families of possible victims was set up at a local school.

El Paso Community College said in a tweet that all of its campuses have been evacuated "out of an abundance of caution."

Democratic presidential hopeful Beto O’Rourke of El Paso urged residents in El Paso to "stay safe."

"Truly heartbreaking," he wrote in a tweet. "Please follow all directions of emergency personnel as we continue to get more updates."

The FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives responded to the scene to assist the El Paso Police Department.

2 minutes ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

That will not stop criminals! They do not obey laws. The problem is people mentally in general. I and all my family have owned guns for all our lives. 

It will stop criminals, it really will and does. Criminals are people and if you make it as hard as possible for a person to get a gun you will go a long way to stopping that person from shooting someone else. 

I will not argue with what you believe we both will never see eye to eye 😁 I'm ok with that everyone has their own views. But on a side note guns will NEVER be banned in the United States! If it was not a gun they used they would just find other ways to murder people whether it be home made bombs or some other means. The mass killings that go on are because of unstable people not the guns address the real issue.

Just now, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

That will not stop criminals! They do not obey laws. The problem is people mentally in general. I and all my family have owned guns for all our lives. 

Although I do think you have a point when you imply that Americans are simply more deranged than people in just about every other country in the world (and may I present exhibit A, President Donald Trump), I also think that perhaps the ridiculous amounts of guns permeating US society combined with a failing judicial system, a culture of violence and fear, and having succeeded at the incredible feat of filling their senate with humans who lack the courage to make hard choices that will fix the issue, is also part of the explanation. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Although I do think you have a point when you imply that Americans are simply more deranged than people in just about every other country in the world (and may I present exhibit A, President Donald Trump), I also think that perhaps the ridiculous amounts of guns permeating US society combined with a failing judicial system, a culture of violence and fear, and having succeeded at the incredible feat of filling their senate with humans who lack the courage to make hard choices that will fix the issue, is also part of the explanation. 

I think the United States main issue is entitled brats every where. People are not held accountable really. I still fell like every murderer, child molester, gang member, cartel associate should be executed without hesitation America has become a week country of lazy fucks everywhere. There are great amazing people. To blame Trump for everything that goes on is a copout. All of it has been going on for a long long time now it is nothing new people are just shining light on things that have been ongoing before he took office and decide to dump it on him. I'm not saying he is the brightest and the best but he is no way responsible for all the shit being thrown around. The last GREAT president the USA had for me was Reagan.

1 minute ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

I think the United States main issue is entitled brats every where. People are not held accountable really. I still fell like every murderer, child molester, gang member, cartel associate should be executed without hesitation America has become a week country of lazy fucks everywhere. There are great amazing people. To blame Trump for everything that goes on is a copout. All of it has been going on for a long long time now it is nothing new people are just shining light on things that have been ongoing before he took office and decide to dump it on him. I'm not saying he is the brightest and the best but he is no way responsible for all the shit being thrown around. The last GREAT president the USA had for me was Reagan.

The problem is that loonies like you aren't getting required help and that you can easily get your hands on guns. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

I will not argue with what you believe we both will never see eye to eye 😁 I'm ok with that everyone has their own views. But on a side note guns will NEVER be banned in the United States! If it was not a gun they used they would just find other ways to murder people whether it be home made bombs or some other means. The mass killings that go on are because of unstable people not the guns address the real issue.

The crims might very well find other ways of killing each other but maybe let's get a head start on them banning  the most efficient killing tool available to them. It's so fucking simple. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The problem is that loonies like you aren't getting required help and that you can easily get your hands on guns. 

Well thanks for your bright shining example of ignorance! So how does that make me a loonie? Your drowning in your own hate buddy to one degree it's funny to another it's sad the lack of intelligence you are showing! 🤣🤣🤣

Well thanks for your bright shining example of ignorance! So how does that make me a loonie? Your drowning in your own hate buddy to one degree it's funny to another it's sad the lack of intelligence you are showing! 🤣🤣🤣

Oh, it was just an impression? 

1 minute ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

I don't believe for one minute that you are being serious but I don't see the funny side. If you are being serious you are part of the reason that innocent Americans going about their business keep getting shot on a regular basis. And if that offends you I couldn't give less of a fuck.

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I don't believe for one minute that you are being serious but I don't see the funny side. If you are being serious you are part of the reason that innocent Americans going about their business keep getting shot on a regular basis. And if that offends you I couldn't give less of a fuck.

Do either of you have anything factual or do you just spit shit when someone points out the obvious? Doesn't offend me it just makes you both start to look like mental midgets that crawled out of the wood work 🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

Do either of you have anything factual or do you just spit shit when someone points out the obvious? Doesn't offend me it just makes you both start to look like mental midgets that crawled out of the wood work 🤣🤣

People get killed by guns. Guns are designed to kill. Theres a few facts maybe you can start by telling me why they are a good thing for you and your stupid fucking cunt of a family to have.

Edited by spunko12345
I deleted the part which was unfair

7 minutes ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

Do either of you have anything factual

Nothing that hasn't been pointed out numerous times before in a vast body of research studies, commentaries, and articles, and which ricochet off the thick skulls of people like you like water off a goose. In short, what you need isn't more facts, but the capacity to absorb them, a better education, or simply a padded cell. 

So a gun walks around and kills people all on it's own then goes back and sits down? It's cute you try to bash family and kids it just further proves my point, you seem like the type that would have a mental break down and attack some random stranger because they do not agree with you! Keep shining bright! Are you angry because you are wrong or are you angry because you are stupid?

I'm not wrong or angry and if i was angry and unstable I wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to get my hands on a gun. Your an idiot by the way.