Mass Shooting at Walmart in El Paso

BlueJean Baby

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Neil Degrasse Tyson wants to know also.

It's strange how individuals who were once considered "rational," who then are accused of sexual assault by multiple women, later become mindless zombies for the radical-right-wing fringe. 

Now we have Neil deGrass Tyson, a man accused by four women of sexual harassment (or worse), bemoaning how people get caught up on gun violence when cars and medical malpractice kills more.

The fragility of the male ego is easily the most destructive force on this planet, bar none.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Download said:

In the past 48 hours, the US has lost 34 people to mass shootings 

on average every 48 hours we lose 

500 to medical errors 

300 to the flu 

250 to suicide

200 to car accidents 

40 to homicide by hand gun 

tell me... do we respond emotionally more to spectacle or data? 

Curious minds would like to know. . .  

You forgot to mention that cats and dogs also die :rolleyes:

We all are going to die sooner or later, one way o another. This is not the issue.

We are talking about people who have been massacred. We are talking about the deadly combination of metally ill people and weapons

And you are like "who cares? We are all going to die anyway. So let's keep buying guns" :crazy: 

15 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Should a foreigner have business commenting on affairs of another country though? I appreciate where Morgan's coming from but it's not his country, let America deal with America.

Uh? By your logic nobody should've commented about Watergate

Reading his manifesto, a lot of it is quite leftist,

People who are hypocrites because they support imperialistic wars that have caused the loss of tens ofthousands of American lives and untold numbers of civilian lives

The decimation of the environment is creating a massive burden for future generations. Corporations are heaing the destruction of our environment by shamelessly over harvesting resources. This has been a problem for decades. 

There is a lot blaming ''corporations'': ''corporate America doesn’t need to be destroyed, but just shown that they are on the wrong side of history''.

But yes, much of it is directed at ''Hispanics''. It ends with an anti-miscegenation and social-Darwinism tirade before preempting the type of conversations people are having now,

My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president. I putting this here because some people will blame the President or certain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I know that the media will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump’s rhetoric. The media is infamous for fake news. Their reaction to this attack will likely just confirm that. 

Waste of 10 minutes. 

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Should a foreigner have business commenting on affairs of another country though? I appreciate where Morgan's coming from but it's not his country, let America deal with America.

I’ve always thought this in general about such things.  I mean clearly your opinion is not welcome and its not like it effects you so, with the greatest of respect to America, fuck em, let em handle their own business, there’s enough thats wrong about this country to keep caring hearts occupied.

9 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I thought the UK dumped Piers on us years ago...did he go back?

He does GMTV with a couple of vacant looking totty sitting on either side. It is quite funny to watch as he does all the talking and they just sit there looking vacant. He likes to tease Lorraine,

Spoiler

2540076170001_5511073210001_551106345700

Surrounded by good looking women the lucky bastard.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

He does GMTV with a couple of vacant looking totty sitting on either side. It is quite funny to watch as he does all the talking and they just sit there looking vacant. He likes to tease Lorraine,

Reveal hidden contents

2540076170001_5511073210001_551106345700

Surrounded by good looking women the lucky bastard.

All of whom seem to treat him as one would an oversized reptile.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

All of whom seem to treat him as one would an oversized reptile.

That's one of the kindest descriptions of him I've ever seen. He's got a point on this issue, but as the cliché goes, a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bit hypocritical for someone British given the state of knife crime here, 43,500 offences in the past year, last year in London 132 homicides.

The guy in Ohio was shot dead within 20 seconds of opening fire. In that time he killed 9 people. Try doing that with a knife. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Padme said:

You forgot to mention that cats and dogs also die :rolleyes:

We all are going to die sooner or later, one way o another. This is not the issue.

We are talking about people who have been massacred. We are talking about the deadly combination of metally ill people and weapons

And you are like "who cares? We are all going to die anyway. So let's keep buying guns" :crazy: 

It was actually a post from Neil Degrasse Tyson. I thought he was a darling on the liberal left? 

To some of you, he holds fringe political beliefs all of a sudden 

how does that work? 

😂😂😂

liberals are my favorite. Some of you are precious. 

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:49 PM, janrichmond said:

this is so fucked up, that I think this person would have found a way to carry out his attacks, one way or another.

the illegal weapon market is enormous and none of this gun ban can do anything about it. The same goes for hard drugs. It's banned practically everywhere, yet it is a business worth millions.

The thing to do, is pro-active research. Give more tools to the authorities to find people like him. Allow for jailing these people before they committed their attacks. This guy apparently was active on extremist platforms like 8chan. Why wasn't he followed more, why wasn't he already in jail or the asylum? Many lives would have been saved.

In this time of social media, and easy spreading of extremist views (which in turn inspires other extremists to go further with their plans), there is no other option but to severely give up our privacy and liberties.

I'm not saying this is "good" or "desireable". It is unpopular and totalitarian. But if we want to control these lunatics, before they commit their attacks, then it is the logical solution.

50 minutes ago, Download said:

It was actually a post from Neil Degrasse Tyson. I thought he was a darling on the liberal left? 

To some of you, he holds fringe political beliefs all of a sudden 

how does that work? 

😂😂😂

liberals are my favorite. Some of you are precious. 

I know what he said. I don't know why he said that. In fact I found out in the media about this controversy. I never care for him. I'm afraid you were assuming too much.  I'm not liberal left. I'm moderate leaning left :kiss:

Y'know, there's one thing they never explain in their manifestos and thats how offing a fuckload of people helps.  We're fuckin' up the envoirnment, corporations are running wild etc etc, it occurs to me that these things, fundamentally, are to do with the preservation of the human race.  We want the envoirnment looked after, why, cuz if it fucks up the world gets fucked and a lot of people die.  Corporations in power is like a rich get richer, poor get poorer thing, its about NOT wanting to see people get fucked up...so how in all this is the remedy percieved to be shooting a load of people, isn't that just expediating the process? 

Its all just posturing bullshit, they're just a bunch of pussies that can't handle the realities of life so they just decide to take it out on easy victims while they masquerade as these people with a cause.  If you're fuckin' burned by the injustices of life go join the fuckin' peace corps or volunteer at a soup kitchen or something.  'OMG, there's hispanics everywhere!', who gives a flying shit...'this is the last generation of white babies', y'know what, I wouldn't give a flying fuck if, tommorow, someone told me that every last racial variation was coming to an end and everybody was gonna fuck everybody else and the next generation were gonna be indo-afro-oriental-caucasio-hispanio fuckin' hybrids.  Wouldn't bother me a lick.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, moreblack said:

Right, because America never invades involves itself in the affairs of other countries...

:huh: 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, action said:

I have yet to meet the first "truly" tolerant person, ever.

All I ever see, is ridiculing, claiming the moral high ground, putting people down etc. It really, really says a lot about humanity as a species.

Yeah, you’re confusing tolerance as an ideal that should be applied to all points of view.  

Efforts should be made by all to be tolerant of everyone’s point of view, save for those opinions that are inherently intolerant. 

“Be tolerant of my intolerance” just won’t fly around here. 

• Like 2