Heaven's Door Whiskey

So, Bob Dylan has a bourbon called Heaven's Door.  I'm sure Slash and the boys would've been all over that during their drinking days.  Now, if Guns decided to market a whiskey what would they call it?  Maybe Bad Obsession, but that sounds like a foul smelling perfume.  Or November Rain, but that sounds more like a fine merlot.  

You should always be suspicious of shit thats just got a guys name slapped on it like that.  Not saying it won't be of quality, I'm just saying it generally isn't it.  Its like timepieces by firms like Armani or Gucci, they sell for shitloads cuz of the name but in truth they are not really quality.  A general rule of thumb is if you are going for quality one should go for a thing that is made by a firm whoose job is just doing that thing.  You want quality from Bob Dylan then buy an album.  Then again what do I know, not like I've tried it and not like I am that much of a whiskey connosieur that I'd be able to tell the difference even if it was spectacular. 

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You should always be suspicious of shit thats just got a guys name slapped on it like that.  Not saying it won't be of quality, I'm just saying it generally isn't it.  Its like timepieces by firms like Armani or Gucci, they sell for shitloads cuz of the name but in truth they are not really quality.  A general rule of thumb is if you are going for quality one should go for a thing that is made by a firm whoose job is just doing that thing.  You want quality from Bob Dylan then buy an album.  Then again what do I know, not like I've tried it and not like I am that much of a whiskey connosieur that I'd be able to tell the difference even if it was spectacular. 

I read a bit about it and I think it won some sort of award or something.  So I guess at least it's not rot gut.

34 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I like the name but I'm not sure there is a double malt bourbon.  I googled it and got some conflicting information.   Maybe someone could expound on it.

There's always a first for everything. :lol:

Or just go with: Double Talkin' Jive Double Malt Scotch Whiskey.

https://www.leaf.tv/articles/the-difference-between-single-and-double-malt-scotch/

• Haha 1

Guns whiskey should be named after a song that they cover at this point. hehe. Hair of the Dog, Aint it Fun, Black Hole Mash Tun (mash tuns are a piece of brewing equipment)

Riad and the Barrel Rims

The Whiskey (and have guns logo on a marquee)

Dont Dram Me (a shot of whiskey meant to be sipped)

Peaty Crime (one of the defining features of Scotch is the peat)

Right Next Door to Heather (again scotch, heather is a wild herb that people say scotch has hints of its scent)

Perfect (With) Lime

• Haha 1