Epstein Dead: Reported Suicide

Axl's Agony Aunt

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Because although some might have wanted him dead (apparently even people here), even powerful people, I am not sure it would be easy to do and if the risk of being caught would be worth it.

On the other hand, he was suicidal (had attempted suicide before and had been placed on suicide watch) , hanged himself which is the most common way of prison suicide, in a prison system notorious for its suicide rate, and he ticked off many red flags for being likely to commit suicide (recently incarcerated, accused of pedophilia, a huge fall in power and social standing). 

Weighing this I conclude I find it likely it was just another prison suicide. I am not saying it is unthinkable that it was murder, just less likely. And just because it sounds like a movie script doesn't make it true. 

He shouldn't be able to kill himself on a suicide watch. He had one matress, clothes that look a sack of potatoes, one book and court papers and was checked on every 15 minutes. He didn't have anything that can be used to kill himself

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

You forgot to switch account man.

You think I have more than one account here? :lol:

30 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

He shouldn't be able to kill himself on a suicide watch. He had one matress, clothes that look a sack of potatoes, one book and court papers and was checked on every 15 minutes. He didn't have anything that can be used to kill himself

He wasn't on suicide watch. 

The suicide watch had ended, he had been on suicide watch after his first failed attempt. 

Edited by SoulMonster

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

He could have just held his breath until he died.

What they do - and I recently read up on prison suicide - is to use the cell door or bunk bed as anchoring. 

I assume that while on suicide watch he wouldn't have access to either, and would be checked upon every 5-10 minutes, but he wasn't on suicide watch anymore. 

As for the timing: The first period of incarceration is the hardest. His cell mate claimed he had gotten in trouble with other inmates. Details about his alleged crimes had become public the day before he died. 

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Because although some might have wanted him dead (apparently even people here), even powerful people, I am not sure it would be easy to do and if the risk of being caught would be worth it.

On the other hand, he was suicidal (had attempted suicide before and had been placed on suicide watch) , hanged himself which is the most common way of prison suicide, in a prison system notorious for its suicide rate, and he ticked off many red flags for being likely to commit suicide (recently incarcerated, accused of pedophilia, a huge fall in power and social standing). 

Weighing this I conclude I find it likely it was just another prison suicide. I am not saying it is unthinkable that it was murder, just less likely. And just because it sounds like a movie script doesn't make it true. 

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is remarkable how much traction the conspiracy theory has. Hate myself for saying it but I incline towards Soul's assessment. 

6 hours ago, Lio said:

I'm no conspiracy person but this seems much too convenient to me. At the very least he was given the opportunity to kill himself.

If there was some sort of conspiracy, they may have not thunk it through all that well....

11 hours ago, Lio said:

At the very least he was given the opportunity to kill himself.

Every television show ever made involving prison has me conditioned to believe that every prison guard is on the take.  

I do think if there is foul play here it is along these lines.  But then whoever did the orchestrating would have to put all their faith in the guard(s) responsible for not letting something slip.

Not sure if that's a good situation to put yourself in if you're someone that wanted/needed Epstein dead.  

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

He decided to off himself NOW when documents are seized instead of when his reputation was already fucked weeks ago

Two weeks ago none of the documents relating to his case were unsealed.  

There is a question as to why he was moved from suicide watch only hours after the incriminating files were unsealed.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

I wasn't surprised it didn't make the Sunday Morning Live topical news discussion show on the BBC, but a story about women wearing hijabs for a day to support Muslims did!

Reeeeealllly not a fan of the Muslims are you fella? 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, soon said:

I'd much rather wake up to a gaggle of hijabis then... well almost anything really :lol: But let me have a shave and a shower before the internationally orchestrated abuse of youngsters gets discussed. 

I knew you’d find a way to move the conversation from Islam to Catholicism. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Why is a thread about Epstein now about Muslims?

Anyway, most people are finding it hard to believe that a guy who literally got off in 2008 with a slap on the wrist, is all of a sudden going to be suicidal. Why wouldn't he think he would escape justice again?

And then there's the whole 'connected to intelligence' angle that no one in the media or in politics wants to touch...whether he killed himself or got murdered, this can't be ignored and needs further investigation.

45 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

He attempted suicide just a few weeks ago, so it's not hard to believe he may have been suicidal again/still. Unless of course you believe that the first suicide attempt didn't really happen and that those injuries were inflicted just to make it appear he was suicidal - all part of the conspiracy.

The suicide/murder is a red herring IMO, the real question is what intelligence connections did he have.

I could go either way on if he was murdered or he just offed himself. But the way the incident was reported a few weeks ago was an apparent suicide attempt, the language was not definite. 

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan