Estranged: Live Era '87-'93 Version...What Does Axl Say?...

Got a question for someone who has more knowledge of the recording....Off the Live Era-'87-'93 album, Leading into Estranged, Axl says...

"It's a nice happy song, kind of like a walk in the park...uh...The sun coming through your window in the morning, it's a beautiful day, and you've got nothing better to do than commit.....____ _____???"

What does Axl say at this point? Sounds like something muffled or slurred?? I've never been able to make it out, and one version I've heard actually censors his speaking at this point. I'm sure someone out there knows. Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...
On 8/11/2019 at 7:59 PM, papashaun said:

Got a question for someone who has more knowledge of the recording....Off the Live Era-'87-'93 album, Leading into Estranged, Axl says...

"It's a nice happy song, kind of like a walk in the park...uh...The sun coming through your window in the morning, it's a beautiful day, and you've got nothing better to do than commit.....____ _____???"

What does Axl say at this point? Sounds like something muffled or slurred?? I've never been able to make it out, and one version I've heard actually censors his speaking at this point. I'm sure someone out there knows. Thanks in advance.

"... and you've got nothing better to do than committing harum-scarum soul." - ... in the sense of acting impetuous, irresponsible, uncontrolled or unpredictable although there's no real reason to do so, cause everything is fine or stronger perfect until then. In a way it's a  careless mistake caused by a fickle soul, when dealing with interpersonal relationships such as f.e. love. I you want to put it positively, we're talking about an oversensitive person dealing with personal demons. At least that's the way I've always thought about it regarding the song following ('Estranged').

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HWolllert said:

"... and you've got nothing better to do than committing harum-scarum soul." - ... in the sense of acting impetuous, irresponsible, uncontrolled or unpredictable although there's no real reason to do so, cause everything is fine or stronger perfect until then. In a way it's a  careless mistake caused by a fickle soul, when dealing with interpersonal relationships such as f.e. love. I you want to put it positively, we're talking about an oversensitive person dealing with personal demons. At least that's the way I've always thought about it regarding the song following ('Estranged').

It's already been explained, it goes: "... than commit harakiri, so..." ;) 

• Like 1