Slash and Gilby

This is something small and of course they worked together not long after, but I remember Gilby was touring for Pawn Show guitars and Slash had said in an interview he wasn't happy that he was doing Guns n Roses songs in his set. It sounds odd now, but I remember the only thing Slash did for Snakepit back then was a snippet of My Michelle. In Gilby's set he would start out doing the beginning of WTTJ but would go into It's so Easy. I actually think Gilby was still in the band at the time. This was in 1994

Edited by Ericstacey

20 minutes ago, Ericstacey said:

This is something small and of course they worked together not long after, but I remember Gilby was touring for Pawn Show guitars and Slash had said in an interview he wasn't happy that he was doing Guns n Roses songs in his set. It sounds odd now, but I remember the only thing Slash did for Snakepit back then was a snippet of My Michelle. In Gilby's set he would start out doing the beginning of WTTJ but would go into It's so Easy. I actually think Gilby was still in the band at the time. This was in 1994

Do you remember which interview it was? Was it a video interview or in a magazine?

22 hours ago, Ericstacey said:

Never heard that before, but maybe that was one of the issues Slash thought was personal

13 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

Is it actually unfair that he wasn't listed on Greatest Hits? He didn't play on any of the songs did he? Maybe Sympathy For Devil i guess. Oh and Since I don't have you.

sympathy 4 Gilby

I think he only recorded in the spaghetti incident, sympathy for the devil was Paul Huge.