Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

So...you don't like it?

I think it's really good. I like that it's pretty straight forward, lyrics as well. The shredding stuff at the end isn't needed, Slash would do something more tasteful here probably. 

I like the chorus a lot, it's a cool song and it would have made Chinese better. The album should have had this and Oh my god.

Don't mind him. He complains about everything to do with GNR. 

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

Storied days we live in. This is cool!

Hard School isn't a phrase Im familiar with. I understand what it means from the song, though. Is this a phrase thats popular elsewhere? Maybe Axl invented it?

I've never heard the phrase before in my life. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, username said:

So what's the actual title then? This can't be it, right? So is this Jackie Chan? Or Soulmonster? 

I think the title was listed as Hard School on the CDs it would have come from. I've just never heard that phrase before this song. 

1 minute ago, username said:

So what's the actual title then? This can't be it, right? So is this Jackie Chan? Or Soulmonster? 

If it's not Hard School, idk, but Jackie Chan is not the actual title since Axl said it wasn't. Soulmonster sounds like a completely different song based on Axl's description of it.

6 minutes ago, Joebot said:

It's so great to have an unheard GnR song leak. Hoping that more follows soon!

Almost 11 years! I love it. First solo Paul leading in to Buckethead?

Edit: and who is shredding overtop of the last verse?  Bucket?

Edited by Pskihq92

2 hours ago, Manfisman said:

This is a LOT of shredding at the outro. That is Buckethead for sure. Finck or Tobias can't do that. There is another guitar layer on top that may be Finck

Awesome Axl vocals btw. 

This. There's a faint lead in the slow part that's clearly Robin. And when the chorus kicks in after that, there's both Bucket and Robin playing solo (sounded messy as fuck, but still awesome).

I like how it's not so straight-foward as people thought. :)

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I like it. It's not top tier, but in terms of the rockers, it beats much of what was on CD. Not as good as shit like Better, Shacklers or Riad (sue me, I dig that one!), but it's better than IRS and Scraped for sure.

Chinese needed another song like this.  It has a lot of energy.

• GNFNR 1