Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

14 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Even when Robin left, he said most of Axls songs didnt have lyrics 

Yeah, he said Axl hadn't done any vocals yet. He probably did have lyrics by then, though. It seems, according to the Beavan interview, that Axl started recording vocals shortly after Robin Finck left.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's crazy to think of how much has happened in the world as a whole since this song was recorded and when the fans actually got to hear it. 

It's also shame that GNR openly chose to not ever give their fans an option to pay for this song. 

Yup - although there is still a chance we will see a version on the new album I guess?

1 hour ago, SilverMachine said:

You wonder if this was held back because the lyrics would have have properly burnt all bridges with Slash. This has to be about him.

Its about Slash but the lyrics are pretty mild - not close to some of the nasty things Axl said about Slash.

It probably didn't make the cut because it unfinished.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

That is a song that Slash would be able to do wonders on I think. It’s a bit like Going Down, the solo doesn’t really fit the song IMO and as much shit as I give Slash, I reckon he’d be able to do something that fits the style of the song.

I’m on the drink. That might not make sense

So buzzing this has come out.

ATLAS NEXT

I totally agree with you. The fact that there are two different guitar solos with two different tones and two different chord progressions playing in the back of each, one right after the other, makes the transition very jarring. But if Slash were to record one big, finally consistent solo that plays over the entire middle section, then that would to make the whole song “flow” a lot better when it does that chord progression change.

also, Axl needs to add extra lyrics to the breakdown/buildup part right before the end, so that the song doesn’t sound so repetitive. He also needs to change the last word of the second verse, cause whatever word he is saying there doesn’t fit at all.

if they make those changes, then we will have a winner on our hands here.

The ending build  almost feels like it could go into another guitar  solo..

Wasn't the first twat leak 5 minutes and kinda end the same way hardschool did.. 

Who knows... 

Edited by murph

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I totally agree with you. The fact that there are two different guitar solos with two different tones and two different chord progressions playing in the back of each, one right after the other, makes the transition very jarring. But if Slash were to record one big, finally consistent solo that plays over the entire middle section, then that would to make the whole song “flow” a lot better when it does that chord progression change.

also, Axl needs to add extra lyrics to the breakdown/buildup part right before the end, so that the song doesn’t sound so repetitive. He also needs to change the last word of the second verse, cause whatever word he is saying there doesn’t fit at all.

if they make those changes, then we will have a winner on our hands here.

Yeah I believe if they would reworked it, this will be a real banger, it has a great potential but this version is just messy.

2 minutes ago, murph said:

The ending build  almost feels like it could go into another guitar  solo..

Wasn't the first twat leak 5 minutes and kinda end the same way hardschool did.. 

Who knows... 

Who knows could be.

The clip that leaked years ago from a different source sounded like a different mix of the song, so there are probably different versions 

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's crazy to think of how much has happened in the world as a whole since this song was recorded and when the fans actually got to hear it. 

Twin towers were still up. 3 presidents got elected after that. One of them twice.

The internet went from crappy 56k dial-up that took HOURS to (illegaly) download an album to high speed that takes MINUTES to (illegally, that hasn't changed) download all the seasons of a tv show in high definition.

Tube TVs were still used back then. Cell phones had a small, one color display. 

And when GNR recorded this music, it was stored on hard disks much smaller than the terabytes we deal with today.

Just the first things I can recall, but the list would be much longer.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AliceJ said:

Someone on reddit is claiming Seven/7 has leaked too. No links or any kind of proof except saying the lyrics are silly but Axl sounds in good shape. I'm guessing there's not much truth to this?

I saw that too, but I think its BS