Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

7 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont think adler meant much to axl compared to slash.

Yeah but he can still write a song about whoever he wants... some of those lyrics fit Adler perfectly:

had to be a fool had to throw it all away

all cautions made, every chance was given

to extend myself and lend you my hand

all fits Adler for me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Yeah but he can still write a song about whoever he wants... some of those lyrics fit Adler perfectly:

all fits Adler for me.

Everyone would fit imo

Edited by WAR™
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

all fits Adler for me.

Oh, that's a unique and probably accurate take. 

24 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

all fits Adler for me.

It wouldn't make much sense to write a song about Adler in the late 90s, though. He wrote one when it was recent (Right Next Door to Hell was partly about Steven).

Slash, on the other hand... To me the lyrics totally reflect Axl's side about the breakup with Slash, to the extent he told it in interviews and chats: that he made every effort to keep Slash, that he tried to save the band, and so on. Also "you had to play it cool."

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

Another thing I keep laughing at is people calling the song a mess. It's a verse / chorus / verse rock song.... What else do you want?? Lol.

For real! Isn’t that what everyone complained that Chinese wasn’t?

I think the song is great. Catchy tune. Could’ve been this generation’s You Could Be Mine.

• Like 1

I think it’s important to remember this is a demo. That fact is a lot more apparent to me here than any of the other 2006 leaks except maybe the Brain May version of Catcher. The mix is rough, and the ideas don’t seem fully fleshed out yet. There’s a few cool ideas in the solos, but they generally sound like placeholder solos to me - certainly more so than Brian’s Catcher solo was. But the big takeaway for me here is it’s a song that has huge amounts of promise just looking at the ideas. It’s a good rocker with solid lyrics and powerful vocals, and I dig the form of the solo section and the buildup at the beginning. Would very much like to see this song as a fully fleshed out product. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh when I see people critiquing the solo. If you were told it was Slash, you'd be praising it. 

As a guitar player myself, it just sounds a tad sloppy to me, like what I sound like when I haven't completely locked down a melodic idea I had in mind and am fishing for ways to make it work while I am playing - nothing personal against Robin though his work on Chinese is one of my favorite parts of that album with his lead work on TIL and the little solo on Better he does near the end

To me the solo sounds like something put down on tape for a rough demo as an idea but not fully realized yet - which I assume is the case so I am not hating on it for what it is, but just that is how I hear it as a guitar player

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

For real! Isn’t that what everyone complained that Chinese wasn’t?

I think the song is great. Catchy tune. Could’ve been this generation’s You Could Be Mine.

You are 1000% accurate. 

This is Axl Rose doing what he does best. No one else could come up with that chorus melody and sing it the way he does. 

This song is better than anything on CD outside of TWAT and Better and I would put it up against anything on UYI or AFD. It's that good. 

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

As a guitar player myself, it just sounds a tad sloppy to me, like what I sound like when I haven't completely locked down a melodic idea I had in mind and am fishing for ways to make it work while I am playing - nothing personal against Robin though his work on Chinese is one of my favorite parts of that album with his lead work on TIL and the little solo on Better he does near the end

To me the solo sounds like something put down on tape for a rough demo as an idea but not fully realized yet

Fair enough. You get what I'm saying about the posts in general though, right? It seems like people are complaining just because it's not Slash. At least to me anyway. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It wouldn't make much sense to write a song about Adler in the late 90s, though. He wrote one when it was recent (Right Next Door to Hell was partly about Steven).

Slash, on the other hand... To me the lyrics totally reflect Axl's side about the breakup with Slash, to the extent he told it in interviews and chats: that he made every effort to keep Slash, that he tried to save the band, and so on. Also "you had to play it cool."

It could be about anyone in axls life, th lyrics could have been written at anytime really. 

Could be about west Arkeen, Adler, or slash.

its mainly the part about all cautions made ..... Adler was cautioned... slash I don't think so.

hardschool to me means living the sex drugs and rock n roll lifestyle and "throwing it all away". Not quitting for personal and creative reasons as slash did

but meh.... who knows

Wow!!! Why didn't Axl include this in CD? The full version kick ass!!! We get Rihad, Scraped, and Shackler. This song is  way better!!!!

This song is classic GNR with a modern twist. I'm shocked that this was  not on CD. 

Edited by Draguns

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Fair enough. You get what I'm saying about the posts in general though, right? It seems like people are complaining just because it's not Slash. At least to me anyway. 

Definitely there are some people that if it isn't Slash it will suck no matter how good it is haha.  And even if Slash is on it, if Frank was on it with him people will say they would rather have Sorum. And if Sorum appeared on it people would say they would rather have Adler on it - us GNR fans are a fickle bunch :lol:

Whoever is or isn't on this demo I am quite enjoying it!  It rocks hard and to me is really cool to hear CD-era Axl bust out a more UYI-era rocker type of track

• Like 1

So when are Fink, Brain, mothergoose n bucket coming back for the real reunion?

The more I listen to it the more I like it. The fact there are a few people who think it's fake fucking astounds me lol.

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think that this isn’t too crazy vocally where Axl could do this song live, to be honest. I would love to hear them add this to the set!

this will be perfect for this day's Axl just like how Shadow of your Love sounds good last leg. All scream, minimal mid register melody. I think "All efforts made. .." part will sound Mickey

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You are 1000% accurate. 

This is Axl Rose doing what he does best. No one else could come up with that chorus melody and sing it the way he does. 

This song is better than anything on CD outside of TWAT and Better and I would put it up against anything on UYI or AFD. It's that good.

Usually your criticisms are pretty on point. Except here. Nothing post 1991 will ever beat AFD. As for UYI, sure there are some throw away songs on there, that's fair. I know your love for CD, this song is good, not exceptional. The beginning is weird at best (which doesn't match the rest) Then slowly moves into hard rock. Some really good angry vocals on there too! The drums are way out of Brian's league. Josh clearly is better. Everything from the solo on is fantastic! As an original AFD purist I consider it sacrilegious to compare the 2 bands. It's different beast entirely. Having only 1 original member does not a band make.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1