Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

26 minutes ago, weaponsnflowers said:

The song could be Axl self-reflecting and singing about himself throwing it all away or it could be about any of the band members that came and went.

Wow, that might actually be a great guess. 

I fall into the camp that doesn't think every song is about Slash, so I don't think this one is. If nothing else, your take seems very interesting to me. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Love it! 

On a side note, almost cost me an argument with my gf as she was using my laptop and I rushed to it to immediately download the thing off YT. She reasonably thought I was desperately trying to delete some homemade video of me that someone had just uploaded. After I explained the whole thing she was still legitimately confused but we managed to enjoy the song together, thankfully.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The Intro feels a little un needed the song sounds unfinished to me

Tighten up the song by cropping the intro and the pace killing bridge, let Slash or Bucket go berzerk at the end of the song,  drop the synths + update the vocals and I believe frequent radio play is within reach. 👍

1 minute ago, baldek said:

Love it! 

On a side note, almost cost me an argument with my gf as she was using my laptop and I rushed to it to immediately download the thing off YT. She reasonably thought I was desperately trying to delete some homemade video of me that someone had just uploaded. After I explained the whole thing she was still legitimately confused but we managed to enjoy the song together, thankfully.

LOL, things only GNR fans have to explain to their significant others. 😁

• Like 1

None of the songs on CD are about Slash, but in this case... Well Slash is the best guess. All the lyrics fit. We know that Axl (from his point of view) did everything he could to make things work with Slash in other words he tried to lend him his hand. But from Axl's point of view Slash threw it all away and broke what they had. 

Adler is another good guess, but Slash seems way more likely simply because Slash's departure from the band was a much bigger thing. It seems almost weird that Axl would have written a song about Adler in the CD era. Slash seems more obvious.

It's obviously not about Stephanie Seymor cause of the "I would've thought you could be more of a man" -part.

Could this be about the media like Sorry is? Nope! I don't see how it could be.

Could Axl be self-reflecting and singing about himself, how he threw it all away? I very much doubt that! Since when has Axl blamed himself for breaking up the band or breaking up the relationship with Stephanie Seymor?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lies They Tell said:

None of the songs on CD are about Slash, but in this case... Well Slash is the best guess. All the lyrics fit. We know that Axl (from his point of view) did everything he could to make things work with Slash in other words he tried to lend him his hand. But from Axl's point of view Slash threw it all away and broke what they had. 

Adler is another good guess, but Slash seems way more likely simply because Slash's departure from the band was a much bigger thing. It seems almost weird that Axl would have written a song about Adler in the CD era. Slash seems more obvious.

It's obviously not about Stephanie Seymor cause of the "I would've thought you could be more of a man" -part.

Could Axl be self-reflecting and singing about himself, how he threw it all away? I very much doubt that! Since when has Axl blamed himself for breaking up the band or breaking up the relationship with Stephanie Seymor?

I know at least 2 of these are wrong.

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

That is true, he is usually the "victim" in the songs. That line about "being a man" is the only thing that stops this from being about a woman. Unless of course it's something someone said to Axl, but in this context it's unlikely, since rarely does Axl write from the perspective of others when it comes to these relationship songs.

4 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Could also be about Izzy. Could possibly be about all of them

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Did Axl really care about Adler enough to be writing songs about him years later? Izzy, possibly. Slash, definitely. 

I'm going with the obvious guess - it's Slash. Axl had strong feelings about Slash leaving GNR, to say the least. 

It could be about Buckethead if this song wasn't so old. Axl spared no effort with the chicken coops and all, gave this guy a hand and all, but the guy in the mask just threw it all away. So yeah, most likely Slash. That might be one reason why these songs stay locked up, specially now that they are back together.

Don't particularly care who or what the song is about. It would have been a top three cut on Chinese, and I actually have a mostly favorable opinion of the record. 

It embodies more of a GNR sound without a ton of overdubs, layers and effects. 

Kind of just cuts straight to the point like IRS.