Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

13 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why? Slash comes up with shit rather quick. Then have Duff and Axl work their magic on it and boom, we have songs. Much better than having Slash and Duff play over pretty much completed CD songs.

Alright... but what about Axl stating he wants to start songs from lyrics first? and if we try to be open about it, what if some completed Chinese songs are really great songs and will be a good match for Slash?

It can't all come from Slash. Why would Axl play Slash n' Duff unreleased material and mentioned they liked it if he isn't at least seriously thinking about using some of his best material? Slash n' Duff can make any Axl idea sound more Gn'R. I just don't think we'll get a stripped down Guns album all of a sudden with no orchestration and keyboard and no layers. A musical compromise could make the album better and more diverse imo and also more accommodating to all the players in the line up.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I think its a GREAT demo for Slash to work with.

I also agree that the best parts of the song are those that leaked some time ago ...

Slash can turn this song into a hit

Agreed. Arrangement needs to be thought about some more but Slash playing on it will take it to the next level.

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why? Slash comes up with shit rather quick. Then have Duff and Axl work their magic on it and boom, we have songs. Much better than having Slash and Duff play over pretty much completed CD songs.

Yeah that would be ideal I think. I'm sure Slash already has ideas for new songs that they can work on.

44 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Don't forget Axl liked Brain's "feel" so Brain spent forever transcribing Josh's parts and played them note for note. 

Yeah, for sure. Thats what Im saying :) "But if it is Freese it still kinda makes sense if it sounds like Brains playing in Guns because he was playing Fresses parts in many cases."

Although I believe he had Universals (sony's?) transcription person do it for him.

17 minutes ago, zombux said:

sorry to be PITA, but I was out of the loop for the weekend. can someone do me a favor and summarize recent thoughts about the song? most importantly - who's thought to have been on the guitar solos?

thanks ;) 

Robin 1st part of the song. Bucket outro

15 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Robin 1st part of the song. Bucket outro

so a big part of the song is made from old guitar tracks (because Robin left more than half a year before this was mixed), and the rest was made by absolutely fresh addition to the band (because Buckethead joined very early 2000, and this song was supposed to be mixed on 27th March 2000).

Paul Huge on rhytm guitar I guess and Josh Freese on drums for sure I guess.

edit: of course the date is November 8, when Robin was already back on board.

Edited by zombux

10 minutes ago, zombux said:

so a big part of the song is made from old guitar tracks (because Robin left more than half a year before this was mixed), and the rest was made by absolutely fresh addition to the band (because Buckethead joined very early 2000, and this song was supposed to be mixed on 27th March 2000).

Paul Huge on rhytm guitar I guess and Josh Freese on drums for sure I guess.

The picture says 8 november 2000

Not that it's remotely likely to have happened, but could you guys imagine if the full version didn't leak, and instead they played it at the next gig?

They start off with the intro... oh great, another jam... but then the notes start to become more familiar... could it be?... then that crescendo... then BAM! "All cautions made..."

What a fucking moment that would have been.

• Like 3

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Not that it's remotely likely to have happened, but could you guys imagine if the full version didn't leak, and instead they played it at the next gig?

They start off with the intro... oh great, another jam... but then the notes start to become more familiar... could it be?... then that crescendo... then BAM! "All cautions made..."

For maybe a few hundred of us. The casuals would be lost as hell.

34 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Curious why that youtube video is allowed to be posted on this thread on how it's still on youtube? lol 

Very strange, indeed.

My two cents: 1. The song is posted under a different name (we know the songs title is Hardschool) and maybe there is some rule on that?

2. Someone from the GnR camp gave exclusive rights to this one user/poster.

3. The people who strike stuff down are on vacation and havnt got around to it yet

It’s funny how no one really gives a shit.

In 2006-2007, this would’ve gotten media attention and a bigger reaction. 

Now it’s like, oh this is cool. And now I gotta go to Home Depot with the wife and pick up some mulch. Maybe I’ll get a hot dog. Mustard and onions? Hmm, maybe just relish. 

And it’s gonna be on streaming services eventually. If it’s ever released at all. And if it is, people have already decided if they’re pirates or not. 

The cat is out of the bag, licking itself, and then taking a nap in front of the guard dogs.

TL;DR: 

LEAK EVERYTHING NOW THIS IS BORING

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

People on reddit and discord make all sorts of claims that aren't true lol. 

That discord thing is a strange place... most of the time it's Alfred and some wrestler talking about selling Pokemon cards to each other for thousands of dollars (not sure if that's code for something). Every day the wrestler is like "Hey, just got back from Disneyland, I saw x amount of people in GN'R shirts" (does Disneyland do regular wrestling shows?). Then you've got some other dude posting endless lists of stuff and harrassing everyone because he thinks they have Atlas and he doesn't. People getting kicked out for picking on Alfred...

It's a madhouse over there

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

It’s funny how no one really gives a shit.

In 2006-2007, this would’ve gotten media attention and a bigger reaction. 

Now it’s like, oh this is cool. And now I gotta go to Home Depot with the wife and pick up some mulch. Maybe I’ll get a hot dog. Mustard and onions? Hmm, maybe just relish. 

And it’s gonna be on streaming services eventually. If it’s ever released at all. And if it is, people have already decided if they’re pirates or not. 

The cat is out of the bag, licking itself, and then taking a nap in front of the guard dogs.

TL;DR: 

LEAK EVERYTHING NOW THIS IS BORING

Yep. The song is great, but after 10 years of pretty much nothing, you can't help but get a general feeling of 'Is this it? What's next?'

Too little too late, I guess. I thought there was gonna be so much buzz around this, but the link sat on a public forum for an hour before anyone even noticed.

It's sad what this band and the fanbase have come to.

Edited by Azifwekare

25 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Most of the crowd would be lost and would have no idea what was playing, the typical reaction for most of the CD songs. 

1 minute ago, something.always said:

Most of the crowd would be lost and would have no idea what was playing, the typical reaction for most of the CD songs. 

Yeah, but who cares about the great unwashed? It's their fault we have to sit through LALD, Sweet Mickey O' Mine and a 20 minute KOHD a hundred times over. :lol:

• Haha 1