Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

1 hour ago, zombux said:

sorry to be PITA, but I was out of the loop for the weekend. can someone do me a favor and summarize recent thoughts about the song? most importantly - who's thought to have been on the guitar solos?

thanks ;) 

IMO:

Intro: Robin

00:28 - power chords - Paul Tobias?

02:07 - Paul Tobias (with Robin in the right channel)

02:18 - 2nd solo - Robin

02:30 - 3rd solo - Robin and Bucket's faint overdub acting kinda like a moody delay layer

03:18 - Chorus - Bucket

03:30 - Chorus 2 - Bucket continues and Robin plays high bends higher in the mix

03:41 - Crescendo - Bucket tapping with Robin trem

03:53 - Ending - Bucket continues and Robin plays the higher notes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Yeah, but who cares about the great unwashed? It's their fault we have to sit through LALD, Sweet Mickey O' Mine and a 20 minute KOHD a hundred times over. :lol:

i mean its their most popular songs.

Like would metallica do a concert without Sandman, Nothing Else Matters  or Master Puppets. Would ACDC do a concert without Back N Black, Hells Bells or You Shook me all not long?

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

02:07 - Paul Tobias (with Robin in the right channel)

02:18 - 2nd solo - Robin

02:30 - 3rd solo - Robin and Bucket's faint overdub acting kinda like a moody delay layer

03:18 - Chorus - Bucket

03:30 - Chorus 2 - Bucket continues and Robin plays high bends higher in the mix

03:41 - Crescendo - Bucket tapping with Robin trem

03:53 - Ending - Bucket continues and Robin plays the higher notes

this is exactly what I'm thinking about. Paul-Robin-Bucket.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, Gnrfan2001 said:

(Verse 1)

All cautions made

Every chance was given

No effort spared

To save what we had

All in good faith

I would not hesitate

To extend myself

And lend you a hand

(Chorus)

But you had to play it cool and do it your way

Had to be a fool and had to throw it all away

Too hard school

And you thought you were here to stay

If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

(Verse 2)

As tempers fade

And lies forgiven

No cause embraced

Could break what we had

In its place

A storm had lifted

I would've thought you could've been more of a man

(Chorus)

(Solo)

(Bridge)

(Chorus)

(Outro)

Too hard school

And you thought you were here to stay

If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

I have spoken.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, username said:

I get the feeling it's Freese on drums though. So my guess would be a 1999/2000 song with Buckethead additions from 2001/2002. 

I'd also say so, but hard to say. it could be Josh or Brain trying to "play exactly like Josh, just with more feeling" ;):D 

Brain cannot play that sharply to save his life.

Freeses rolls are tight and precise. Every time he hits the pad his mind already knows where he’s going so he’s already getting off. Season drummer sure but best drummer GNR has ever had.

Brains cymbal crashes are louder, more sloppy. His drum kicks deeper with an extra beat delay. So hip hop. You get what you pay for. Really kills the chemistry with Tommy. Matt 2.0.

I noticed pitman has a little synth line before the vocals kick in and some beeps in the very beginning of the intro barely there but this all sounds quite similar to IRS 1999 or whatever the first leaked version is 

48 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

It’s funny how no one really gives a shit.

In 2006-2007, this would’ve gotten media attention and a bigger reaction. 

Now it’s like, oh this is cool. And now I gotta go to Home Depot with the wife and pick up some mulch. Maybe I’ll get a hot dog. Mustard and onions? Hmm, maybe just relish. 

And it’s gonna be on streaming services eventually. If it’s ever released at all. And if it is, people have already decided if they’re pirates or not. 

The cat is out of the bag, licking itself, and then taking a nap in front of the guard dogs.

TL;DR: 

LEAK EVERYTHING NOW THIS IS BORING

In 2006-2007 Chinese still hadn't come out yet and Slash wasn't back, so the leaks back then were more noteworthy and huge because those were the first legitimate recordings of what Axl had been up to this whole time

Now in 2019, Chinese has been out for over 10 years and it's release was imperfect plus Slash and Duff are back so now the only people that care this much about these old CD era leaks are the hardcore fans now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

In 2006-2007 Chinese still hadn't come out yet and Slash wasn't back, so the leaks back then were more noteworthy and huge because those were the first legitimate recordings of what Axl had been up to this whole time

Now in 2019, Chinese has been out for over 10 years and it's release was imperfect plus Slash and Duff are back so now the only people that care this much about these old CD era leaks are the hardcore fans now

Yep. 💯

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

There'd be money in a nice 1998-2008 box set though. And as far as that goes the earlier the better. I'd be most interested in the 1998-2002 stuff. Anything after that seems to have only made things worse. 

51axROL04IL.jpg 

Either call it Chinese Takeout or Chinese Leftovers. 

This is a great rockin tune, screw the haters! The sad thing is this is easily something Slash could have played on even back then. Musically Slash and Axl weren't that far apart.

Edit: The intro sounds very much like Whale And Wasp from Alice in Chains and it's beautiful, then it rocks your face.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gackt said:

It's alright.  Kinda liked the mystique of the snippet we've had for years more than the full leak.

Let's hear General next.

I strongly believe The General will be the biggest let down on the whole modern gnr history. :lol:

• Like 1