Jump to content

Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

My take on the track is that in general it's pretty good. Although I do like the intro it does feel a bit out of place just starting the song like that, the first part of the solo is really place holder sounding but the rest I quite like. It does sound early to me when compared to everything else that has leaked. 

I feel like the intro would have been a better fit on a song called "Tonto"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have thought this went without saying, but PM'ing an admin to ask for links will also get you a 7 day suspension.... 

Out of curiosity, I searched into a body of newspapers for examples of use of "hard-school" in context other than the literal one (i.e. about school) or the obvious figurative one as in "learning in t

The chorus is the best part of 'Hard School' and totally kicks ass, which is interesting because one of the bigger criticisms of ChiDem is that many of the songs have lots of cool parts but weak(ish) choruses. Which makes it even more confusing as to why it wasn't included on the album, being a rocker with a killer chorus. 

Agree with most that it definitely has that "work-in-progress" feel to it. I'm not crazy about the intro but they were onto something with the outro, I think with some work it could be an awesome outro, and who knows what they've done with it in the DECADES since it was recorded :)

Overall, really dig it. And ALWAYS enjoy hearing new songs from Axl. If only GNR were a band that actually released new music, I'll bet there's lots of cool stuff still locked in the vault.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I am also one of those who hates the fact that people inevitably say that EVERY. SINGLE. NEW. SONG. is about Slash. Prostitute is about GNR, and maybe Sorry and The Blues referred to Slash. But I will agree that these lyrics for Hard School do seem to be about him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

My take on the track is that in general it's pretty good. Although I do like the intro it does feel a bit out of place just starting the song like that, the first part of the solo is really place holder sounding but the rest I quite like. It does sound early to me when compared to everything else that has leaked. 

I think I'd date this around the 'oh my god' timeline. Same drum sound, vocals. To me it sounds like Brain on drums too, the snare rolls etc. reminds of me of the rio gig.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

And I am also one of those who hates the fact that people inevitably say that EVERY. SINGLE. NEW. SONG. is about Slash. Prostitute is about GNR, and maybe Sorry and The Blues referred to Slash. But I will agree that these lyrics for Hard School do seem to be about him. 

 Hard School is sooo about Slash, like I know quite a few CD songs have been said by fans it is about Slash where it may not be the case but I for sure think this song is:

 

"But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away"             

-   Those lines for sure are referring to what Axl called during the 06 Eddie Trunk thing as "Slash trying to take control of the band" and in Axl's eyes just be a difficult presence with maybe the Snakepit fiasco and Paul Huge, and eventually quitting GNR

"Too hard school" I interpret as Axl saying Slash was too busy living his "hard knock life" with the drug abuse and turbulent lifestyle in the 90's as opposed to doing what Axl thought was the best thing for GNR

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

I saved all the leaks/snippets of Hardschool/checkmate and seemed to notice that the very first snippet that we had goes

"All efforts made,

Every chance was given

No efforts spared

To save what we had

[repeated 2x then it goes through without transition] [fade to end] "

 

The full song leak we had goes

"All efforts made,

Every chance was given

No efforts spared

To save what we had,

[did not repeat, went to a different lyrics]

All in good faith

I did not hesitate

To extend myself

and lend you my hand

[and it transitions to the verse which we first heard in the 2nd leak/snippet]"

 

Anyone got info on this? or was the first ever leak got looped

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jm9730011 said:

Anyone got info on this? or was the first ever leak got looped

To quote my reply in the thread you made with that question:  

The first leak from Razz got looped.  I always found it annoying lol but yeah with the original unaltered first leak you would hear the "all i-" before it cut off, which is the start of the "all in good faith" line

But on Youtube since that initial 16 second clip, fans ended up cutting of that start off the second stanza and looped the first to make it longer sounding

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

To quote my reply in the thread you made with that question:  

The first leak from Razz got looped.  I always found it annoying lol but yeah with the original unaltered first leak you would hear the "all i-" before it cut off, which is the start of the "all in good faith" line

But on Youtube since that initial 16 second clip, fans ended up cutting of that start off the second stanza and looped the first to make it longer sounding

thanks, time for me to delete that thread. I just to clarify this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl really needs to change the way he sings “more of a man” here. He sounds like a retard the way he’s singing it.

Upon listening to it a few more times, I realize I was mistaken. It’s not the way he’s singing it, but rather the way the vocals are mixed. The line gets “buried” under the chorus line that comes right after, if that makes sense. Playing around with the mixing levels might be enough for them to fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Well it's off YouTube, I wonder what Team Brazil did this weekend to miss that leak for so long.

They were busy working on promotional material for their new product. We’ve had a GN’R plane and GN’R trains. Be on the lookout for GN’R bikes coming soon! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

Well it's off YouTube, I wonder what Team Brazil did this weekend to miss that leak for so long.

Had a similar thought. Looks like leaking stuff on a weekend or near a holiday (a lot of people in the US take the last week of August off) is a good strategy!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...