Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

i've heard all the CD leaks prior to release and I've regretted it ever since the album released. took away a lot of the mystique and surprise for me.

so i'm going to sit out on this one. Glad I didnt stumble on one of these leaks when they were still online, because i think I would have listened anyway. So it's good that they are gone, that takes care of my lack of character.

there are numerous rumours that a new album is on the horizon, so I'll just wait and see, and probably won't even notice a new album is out until I unexpectently stumble upon it in the music store.

That's right, I won't even follow the reports on the albums' progress anymore. I want the surprise to be absolutely complete.

12 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

They are being discussed on other gnr forums, but I think for the mass public it’s not going to mean much unless something with axl and slash comes out.

Random songs/clips here and there aren’t going to move the needle in 2019. Those get leaked all of the time from multiple artists

Now if the lost album gets leaked entirely at once? That gets traction. If the traction gets big enough it also forces the band’s/label hand on what to do with it. If it’s out there you might as well monetize it in some regard and capitalize on any frenzy 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Random songs/clips here and there aren’t going to move the needle in 2019. Those get leaked all of the time from multiple artists

Now if the lost album gets leaked entirely at once? That gets traction. If the traction gets big enough it also forces the band’s/label hand on what to do with it. If it’s out there you might as well monetize it in some regard and capitalize on any frenzy 

Sounds familiar *cough antiquiet cough*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think after the main solo which follows the second chorus, it sounds as if there is meant to be some kind of middle eight, but presumably Axl hadn't come up with the melody/lyrics for that bit yet. I seriously doubt that whole part was meant to be instrumental as it sounds a bit meandering as it is in demo form.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, action said:

i've heard all the CD leaks prior to release and I've regretted it ever since the album released. took away a lot of the mystique and surprise for me.

so i'm going to sit out on this one. Glad I didnt stumble on one of these leaks when they were still online, because i think I would have listened anyway. So it's good that they are gone, that takes care of my lack of character.

there are numerous rumours that a new album is on the horizon, so I'll just wait and see, and probably won't even notice a new album is out until I unexpectently stumble upon it in the music store.

That's right, I won't even follow the reports on the albums' progress anymore. I want the surprise to be absolutely complete.

I get ya.

Before 2008 i only heard the better leak. And im happy about it.

After i went after the leaks cause im curious to hear what the songs sounded like in 1999 ect. 

Now im not sure at all hardschool will ever get released so im more tempted nowdays

1 hour ago, action said:

What makes you even think this song is going to be released? 

I find it baffling watching some fans act as if it's still 2006. When TWAT and Better etc all leaked, you were hearing the new songs Axl had been working on, so it was highly likely they were going to be released and added to the setlists. We're now in 2019, and it's highly likely these songs will never see the light of day and even less likely that they'll be added to their nostalgia-heavy setlists. Even if a new GNR album does come out, what makes you think they'd want to revisit a bunch of unreleased tracks with Axl bitching about Slash from 20 years ago? 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

What makes you even think this song is going to be released? 

I find it baffling watching some fans act as if it's still 2006. When TWAT and Better etc all leaked, you were hearing the new songs Axl had been working on, so it was highly likely they were going to be released and they would add them to the setlists. We're now in 2019, and it's highly likely these songs will never see the light of day and eveb less likely that they'll be added to their nostalgia setlists. Even if a new GNR album does come out, what makes you think they'd want to revisit a bunch of unreleased tracks with Axl bitching about Slash from 20 years ago? 

that's a bit of revisionist theory you got going there. when TWAT and better leaked, there was no confirmation that they would end up on the album, at least I didn't see it. When they leaked, they could have well been left out of the album altogether.

what evidence is there to indicate the new leaks won't be on the new album? 

not to be captain obvious, but if you want to be surprised by the new album, and be sure you've not heard any of it before, then the most logical thing to do is.... not to listen to leaks.

4 minutes ago, action said:

that's a bit of revisionist theory you got going there. when TWAT and better leaked, there was no confirmation that they would end up on the album, at least I didn't see it. When they leaked, they could have well been left out of the album altogether.

not to be captain obvious, but if you want to be surprised by the new album, and be sure you've not heard any of it before, then the most logical thing to do is.... not to listen to leaks.

I just think unreleased demos from 20yrs ago are a bit different to brand new recordings, which TWAT and Better were in 2006.

• Like 1

Just now, Gackt said:

If the vault is ever opened and the tracks are officially released, I'd much rather hear them in their original state as a demo collection than having any parts re-recorded with the current line-up to preserve the integrity.  Big if though.

In the event a new Guns album is actually happening and they want to use old songs like Oh My God, they should take the route Megadeth did with Th1rt3en and re-record them from scratch so it isn't a frankenstein'd mess of decades of recordings. 

If anything has been made clear to me reading up on the cd history it is that Axl cares a lot about current members of the band being represented in whatever is released under the name. I would also prefer a demo collection of sorts but if it is an actual new album I'd expect parts to be re recorded. 

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

If the vault is ever opened and the tracks are officially released, I'd much rather hear them in their original state as a demo collection than having any parts re-recorded with the current line-up to preserve the integrity.  Big if though.

It's not that hard.

Slash and Duff normie version.

A fully mixed deluxe edition &/ box-set of the versions throughout the years.

6 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

It's not that hard.

Slash and Duff normie version.

A fully mixed deluxe edition &/ box-set of the versions throughout the years.

It's GNR, getting the Appetite 4CD set instead of an AFD toy truck came as a total shock.  :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I just think unreleased demos from 20yrs ago are a bit different to brand new recordings, which TWAT and Better were in 2006.

I think the general consensus is that a new album will contain old, unreleased songs from 2006 and even before and everything since then.

Not really sure what makes you think that older songs won't feature on a new album. 

it's not as if chinese democracy didn't contain old songs, lol

2 hours ago, action said:

Well, we sort of did. Axl did that interview with Rolling Stone a month before the leaks, and he said that his favorite songs from CD were TWAT, Better, and The Blues. I believe that’s also the first time we heard of Better. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Has anyone done a breakdown and who did what guitar parts?  

Pretty obvious it's Bucket tearing up the outro, and the intro seems kinda "Robin -esque". 

21 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

IMO:

Intro: Robin

00:28 - power chords - Paul Tobias?

02:07 - Paul Tobias (with Robin in the right channel)

02:18 - 2nd solo - Robin

02:30 - 3rd solo - Robin and Bucket's faint overdub acting kinda like a moody delay layer

03:18 - Chorus - Bucket

03:30 - Chorus 2 - Bucket continues and Robin plays high bends higher in the mix

03:41 - Crescendo - Bucket tapping with Robin trem

03:53 - Ending - Bucket continues and Robin plays the higher notes

That's my take, anyways. Not sure on the Paul Tobias thing.

• Like 1