Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

On 9/1/2019 at 11:55 AM, Mfegz said:

Im sorry guys but i really don't understand the hype for this song?? 

I really liked the clip we all had for years and had high hopes for the rest of the song. 

But to me its really weak and kind of cringy/embarrassing "Hard School"?. Wtf are we like 15 or something... Its really basic and easily forgotten 😔 

To me this proves that Axl needs Slash and Duff and Izzy more than ever if we are gonna see anything remotely worthy of the gnr name. 

Wheres the riffs??? 

I think the hype you are speaking of is due to being on a gnr forum and this being a song title known for a long time so people are excited to finally hear it. 

Hard school is a strange term. What the hell is a rocket queen for that matter? 

Why don’t you just write the next song since you know where it needs to go? I mean seriously, you know the direction and what you want to hear, just write and record it?

It’s like you don’t have to eat at the restaurant. You liked  a meal there once but everything has been shit since. So you order the same thing you liked or stop eating there or make something yourself. 

Didnt Duff write a song about Facebook? Slash’s solo stuff was highly... questionable until recently. Izzy has some great solo stuff but if I’m being honest, half of it is forgettable. 

Not trying to put you down I just don’t get the complaints and it’s not you specifically, just in general people like to complain like I’m doing now about people complaining. Damn

• Like 1

Damn, I'm SO happy to finally hear this. The little clip of the "all cautions made" section had me curious for YEARS and I always thought it was probably part of a really good song. So for it to turn out that, yeah, it actually IS a really good song...it feels pretty satisfying after all these years.

• Like 3

On 08/09/2019 at 6:45 AM, Sprite said:

I think the hype you are speaking of is due to being on a gnr forum and this being a song title known for a long time so people are excited to finally hear it. 

Hard school is a strange term. What the hell is a rocket queen for that matter? 

Why don’t you just write the next song since you know where it needs to go? I mean seriously, you know the direction and what you want to hear, just write and record it?

It’s like you don’t have to eat at the restaurant. You liked  a meal there once but everything has been shit since. So you order the same thing you liked or stop eating there or make something yourself. 

Didnt Duff write a song about Facebook? Slash’s solo stuff was highly... questionable until recently. Izzy has some great solo stuff but if I’m being honest, half of it is forgettable. 

Not trying to put you down I just don’t get the complaints and it’s not you specifically, just in general people like to complain like I’m doing now about people complaining. Damn

Ok, get me in the studio with these guys and i will 100% come up with something far far better 👍

The song is just lame and basic 🤷‍♂️ 

Same goes for Atlas.. Which is just embarrassing 🤦‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mfegz said:

Ok, get me in the studio with these guys and i will 100% come up with something far far better 👍

Look at the Billboard  top 200 album charts if you think this stuff is lame and embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Imho there's nothing boring about Hard School.  It sounds like it would fit alongside YCBM & Estranged nicely on UYI 2.  In some ways HS sounds like a mix of those two song's vibes.  Guitar work is totally sick, especially the solo and outro and when Axl turns it up, the song evokes more YCBM and OTGM vibes

I dig this song lots.  A finished mix would likely sound cool as hell.

8 hours ago, Mfegz said:

Are you serious!? Dude!! Go to Axls house,  not far from Point Magu off the PCH. Just show up and say sir, I can help you. I would actually root for this story for the shear absurdity. Look at it from my perspective, I’m sitting here giving advice to the next Izzy Stradlin. My shoulders will be a little wider tomorrow at work.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mfegz said:

Do better dude! Do you know how long it takes to record and mix a song? but go ahead you are "THE GUY'

On 9/8/2019 at 2:11 AM, chevelle said:

Damn, I'm SO happy to finally hear this. The little clip of the "all cautions made" section had me curious for YEARS and I always thought it was probably part of a really good song. So for it to turn out that, yeah, it actually IS a really good song...it feels pretty satisfying after all these years.

i know what you mean in 2006 we thought this song was called checkmate but i can not stop listing to this song it hardcore badass can not wait hear the studio version hope it on the next album

7 hours ago, Rockytop said:

I really like Hardschool, especially the verses and chorus. I'm not crazy about the intro/bridge/guitar solos, but that could easily be fixed with Duff and Slash. 

yeah, either that; or they leave the lead guitar(s) during the "solo" in the background and that section serves as a bridge with some vocals and sung melodies added (maybe even doubeling some of the guitar-parts lyrically/vocally)... would give the song more dynamics and make it more diversified ... the way it is done now the track appears too repetitive imho (although i like the hooks) and is kinda running out of stream during that solo-part ...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whiny said:

yeah, either that; or they leave the lead guitar(s) during the "solo" in the background and that section serves as a bridge with some vocals and sung melodies added (maybe even doubeling some of the guitar-parts lyrically/vocally)... would give the song more dynamics and make it more diversified ... the way it is done now the track appears too repetitive imho (although i like the hooks) and is kinda running out of stream during that solo-part ...  

It's clearly not meant to stay the way it is now. I guess there were supposed to be vocals, a nice Slash solo would work as well. Or a mixture of both.