Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

8 hours ago, Nesret said:

I really wonder what the guitars are doing during the verses, it's a mystery to me. Clearly there are at the very least 3 guitars playing individual lines that mesh together, I'm not even sure if any actual (power)chords are being played there. On the first beat of each verse there seems to be a bend or slide. All in all, I'm impressed by the guitar-work on this song, as in CD, there are so many layers, already in the intro you can hear so many guitars playing separate parts.

There is some great stuff with octave power chords going on there. Someone here actually recorded on his own what he made out from the demo and it sounds insane. Try to use some software like Audacity to extract the vocal or the center channel so you can hear it better. I also recommend you to do the same with Perhaps, there's some awesome guitar work by Robin Finck there. 

And I bet the current lineup version (if indeed it exists) got rid of all that for a more convencional two rhythm guitars approach. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have thought this went without saying, but PM'ing an admin to ask for links will also get you a 7 day suspension.... 

Out of curiosity, I searched into a body of newspapers for examples of use of "hard-school" in context other than the literal one (i.e. about school) or the obvious figurative one as in "learning in t

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

There is some great stuff with octave power chords going on there. Someone here actually recorded on his own what he made out from the demo and it sounds insane. Try to use some software like Audacity to extract the vocal or the center channel so you can hear it better. I also recommend you to do the same with Perhaps, there's some awesome guitar work by Robin Finck there. 

And I bet the current lineup version (if indeed it exists) got rid of all that for a more convencional two rhythm guitars approach. 

It's much appreciated, thanks a lot! :-) I think the same about the current line-up version, since that demo was very much in the overall guitar-style of CD (I'm still not entirely sure who's actually playing though). Curious to check out that fan-recording you mentioned, thanks for the hint.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Theoretically the guitar players on this should be Paul & Robin right? I guess you never really know with the early CD sessions.

Buckethead is there as well. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I got the bus into town after a long day in 6th form and bought my copy from HMV, I still have the receipt in the CD case. I loved it when it came out and still do.

I also have loads of fond memories of Play.com. I used to spend an absolute fortune on there website on games, CDs and DVDs. I was gutted when it went out of business and became Rakuten.

Is that what happend to them the old Japs brought them out?

My Uncle recommended them to me back in the day.

I tend to use shopto.net now days.

Edited by lukepowell1988