ANOTHER 1 minute leak, various songs **NO LINKS**7 DAY SUSPENSION FOR ASKING**

19 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Lol I think you're confusing 'obsessing' with 'curiosity'.  I am curious to know who leaked the tracks.  If any of you say you aren't the least bit curious I'd be surprised.  I'm not going on a tirade to find out.  I think the story behind these leaks is likely to be fascinating.  

Try to not encourage your curiosity before the leaks comes.

Rumours and talk about the leakers are not good for the leaks.

U understand that?

Edited by Finck2006

1 minute ago, Finck2006 said:

Try to not encourage your curiosity before the leaks comes.

Rumours and talk about the leakers are not good for the leaks.

U understand that?

Do I 'understand' that?  You serious bro?  Did you even read what I said?  I am not going to dig into who leaked it.  Somebody asked the question "who cares" and I said I did.  Nothing more nothing less.  You're acting like a lunatic.  So to be clear, yes I 'understand' what you're saying.  Follow up question from me though.... do you understand how paranoid you are acting right now?  

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I don't so much care about the speculationg one way or the other.

I've always been the type that doesn't care who gets credit for what, as long as I get the hear tunes. Having said that, when they dust settles on this whole deal I'm certain that we'll find out who did what. These hoarders love taking credit for this stuff, so I'm sure they'll fill us in on all the details eventually 

It seems like the current leaks are coming from someone who had no idea what they had. And the rush they likely got from leaking Hardschool will likely subside and lead to subsequent leaks. Which is why I have a feeling we'll be hearing Atlas in full sooner than later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

It seems like the current leaks are coming from someone who had no idea what they had. And the rush they likely got from leaking Hardschool will likely subside and lead to subsequent leaks. Which is why I have a feeling we'll be hearing Atlas in full sooner than later.

What makes you say this? You know something that we don’t?

EDIT: I just realized I sound like a fucking crackhead asking it that way lol. Sorry!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

What makes you say this? You know something that we don’t?

EDIT: I just realized I sound like a fucking crackhead asking it that way lol. Sorry!

Just a feeling based on what we've seen the past month.  First a clip, then more clips, then the full Hardschool track...now HQ clips of the rest of their shit.  They're obviously enjoying this and I don't see that randomly stopping. We'll see!

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Just a feeling based on what we've seen the past month.  First a clip, then more clips, then the full Hardschool track...now HQ clips of the rest of their shit.  They're obviously enjoying this and I don't see that randomly stopping. We'll see!

As long as whoever they are can remain untraceable, then yeah I agree.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

If I had to guess, they were probably all part of the 2000 intentions album that was originally supposed to drop in 99/00. The one that apparently got rejected by the label. If it did, I don’t understand why. Great songs that sounded even better than when they were eventually released on Chinese. 

I don't remember reading this... Can you tell me where can I find this info about CD being rejected. Thanks !

Just now, sofine11 said:

Same.  Looks like the game always ends once the leakers get spooked for some reason.

Exactly! If their cover is blown, they’ll be scared away. But like you said, they (whoever “they” even is) were able to leak HS and then the clips compilation without any issues, so “they” probably know what they’re doing.

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Exactly! If their cover is blown, they’ll be scared away. But like you said, they (whoever “they” even is) were able to leak HS and then the clips compilation without any issues, so “they” probably know what they’re doing.

This is what happened in 2006 & 2007, with the leaks first coming in short clips for some reason.  No idea why that seems to be the trend with leakers. I wouldn't have the patience for that teasing nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This is what happened in 2006 & 2007, with the leaks first coming in short clips for some reason.  No idea why that seems to be the trend with leakers. I wouldn't have the patience for that teasing nonsense. 

I don’t get the logic behind that either, but oh well. I’m sure there’s a procedural reason for it.

10 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yup, I remeber a leak of IRS followed by a clip of Better right afterwards

Atlas sounds like a bad soundgarden song, or a song by the band "Live." Hard to judge completely on 15 seconds, but it just doesn't do it for me. 

Not to sound like a dick; and I'm a reformed hardcore Axl supporter, but when you listen to these leaks, it's easy to hear why the album took forever for release, and was probably released against Axl's wishes - the vocals are absolutely atrocious. Axl was regarded as one of the best rock frontmen of a generation, and he's whisping through these songs like a cartoon character. 

The high range just isn't there. On a song like Atlas, where he is sitting more in his natural range, it sounds OK, but then you start getting the infamous "mickey" voice when he tries to push it. You hear traces of him reaching for that past range in Hard School, but the vocals are pretty embarrassing. 

I might catch some shit for this, but a lot of this material hasn't and will never see the light of day because Axl Rose can't sing anymore - and it's not gonna get any easier as time goes on. You had that one window between 06-10 where he was putting on a great show, but those days are over. 

The NITL tour got by on names alone. The shows weren't better than shows we saw in '06 - I'll take that to my grave. Listen to songs like Slither, and Black Hole Sun. Axl Rose has no business singing those songs. They are an absolute embarrassment, nor does a typical GNR fan give a crap about hearing them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedHook said:

Yup, I remeber a leak of IRS followed by a clip of Better right afterwards

Yep, the infamous "A little taste of Better" thread a couple months before the Hammerstein shows.  Exciting times!

The only logical reason I could see going out of your way to create clips is if you're shopping around trying to get potential buyers to bite before saying "fuck it" and leaking em. Other than that, it seems like an odd waste of everyones time.

1 hour ago, bdinan said:

Atlas sounds like a bad soundgarden song, or a song by the band "Live." Hard to judge completely on 15 seconds, but it just doesn't do it for me. 

Not to sound like a dick; and I'm a reformed hardcore Axl supporter, but when you listen to these leaks, it's easy to hear why the album took forever for release, and was probably released against Axl's wishes - the vocals are absolutely atrocious. Axl was regarded as one of the best rock frontmen of a generation, and he's whisping through these songs like a cartoon character. 

The high range just isn't there. On a song like Atlas, where he is sitting more in his natural range, it sounds OK, but then you start getting the infamous "mickey" voice when he tries to push it. You hear traces of him reaching for that past range in Hard School, but the vocals are pretty embarrassing. 

I might catch some shit for this, but a lot of this material hasn't and will never see the light of day because Axl Rose can't sing anymore - and it's not gonna get any easier as time goes on. You had that one window between 06-10 where he was putting on a great show, but those days are over. 

The NITL tour got by on names alone. The shows weren't better than shows we saw in '06 - I'll take that to my grave. Listen to songs like Slither, and Black Hole Sun. Axl Rose has no business singing those songs. They are an absolute embarrassment, nor does a typical GNR fan give a crap about hearing them. 

Studio magic can make chicken salad.

Edited by lame ass security

25 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I saw people talking about CD but wasnt it common knowledge that a 1999 version of it exists? I had it all the way back in like 2007. Robin doesnt even play his actual solo on it. It kinda sucks tbh

Are you sure you're not talking about a cleaned-up version of the 2002 live perfomance?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Studio magic can make chicken salad.

I guess to an extent, but he still sounds like Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy on a lot of these leaks, and who wants to hear that guy singing all these sappy love ballads?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I saw people talking about CD but wasnt it common knowledge that a 1999 version of it exists? I had it all the way back in like 2007. Robin doesnt even play his actual solo on it. It kinda sucks tbh

Pretty sure you're referring to the "Bloody Roses Remasters" or something similar. I think the "Bloody Roses" tracks were from Rio 2001, and then there was another batch of remasters from the Boston 2002 soundboard (can't remember what they were called). They could've been done by imsorry, but I don't remember for sure. But an actual 1999 demo of CD has never circulated among the fan-base.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, bdinan said:

Only read the first sentence of your post and none of the rest. The clip was 1 minute and 17 seconds, so you haven’t heard it, therefore, making the rest of your post obsolete. Moving along...

13 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Only read the first sentence of your post and none of the rest. The clip was 1 minute and 17 seconds, so you haven’t heard it, therefore, making the rest of your post obsolete. Moving along...

Still entitled to my opinion. I'll stay right here. Not everyone's opinion of these now archaic songs needs to be sunshine and rainbows. As of right now, all I have is a 15 second snippet to judge it by - and judging by that, the vibe and the poor vocal quality, I personally don't think it's gonna be much to brag about.

Not gonna argue over nonsense, though.