2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

In the picture it looks like it's really a sheet paper from an old fax. So the fax is probably real (I don't think anyone would think of making a fake fax!) but the information given about it (i.e. that it was supposedly the track list of a "21st" CD) was fake.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In the picture it looks like it's really a sheet paper from an old fax. So the fax is probably real (I don't think anyone would think of making a fake fax!) but the information given about it (i.e. that it was supposedly the track list of a "21st" CD) was fake.

The date on the fax is obscured - there's no reason to do that unless it's fake

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The date on the fax is obscured - there's no reason to do that unless it's fake

Or because the date wouldn't fit with the claim about a 21st CD etc.

The date isn't exactly obscured. It's supposed to be on the top left part of the page that is not visible in the picture.

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The date isn't exactly obscured. It's supposed to be on the top left part of the page that is not visible in the picture.

...so you're saying it's obscured :)

The dumbest part is that it's easy to change the date on a fax machine to whatever you want it to be, so whoever made the "fax" up was just plain lazy

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

...so you're saying it's obscured :)

The dumbest part is that it's easy to change the date on a fax machine to whatever you want it to be, so whoever made the "fax" up was just plain lazy

I don't know, I just think it would be too... imaginative? for the person we're talking about to think of making up a fax page and not a simple document page.

---

I'm posting the picture for the people who don't know what we're talking about:

cd_son10.jpg

• GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Is that Rick guy still on here? Last I heard he was getting sued for the leaks. There were rumors from Brasky and Chairman that someone had CD2 and I was wondered if Rick knew something we don't? 

No one had that "Pitman disc" that they all claimed to have.

Rick has an account on here but hasn't posted in a while. I believe he's active on social media though. 

I still love these songs.

I’d love to pay for them. I’d also love to pay for instrumentals of each take. 

Zodiac is such a monster. It’s a giant electronic space robot roller coaster.

Me and My Elvis is a hallucinogenic trip inside of a haunted house and a hall of mirrors. 

Just incredible stuff.

• Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1

35 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I still love these songs.

I’d love to pay for them. I’d also love to pay for instrumentals of each take. 

Zodiac is such a monster. It’s a giant electronic space robot roller coaster.

Me and My Elvis is a hallucinogenic trip inside of a haunted house and a hall of mirrors. 

Just incredible stuff.

Exactly! Thankful for the material.

I can see a music video of "Zodiac" with the 2002 lineup in some gothic night club and Buckethead doing the robot dance next to strippers. Lol what could have been...

Edited by DarkLotus1111

Hardschool

Dub Suplex (a simpler version instrument-wise, maybe)

MaME

Atlas

Oklahoma

Going Down (Duff on vocals, w. a killer Slash solo)

Zodiac

Perhaps

State of Grace

Devious Bastard

+1 or 2 songs from scratch would make a killer album.

Edited by ezosk
typo
  • Like 1

I was looking a thread from 2014 about a guitar workshop/Q&A Fortus had done in Australia (I think that was the main interview that had generated hope then that a new release was imminent).

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/209727-aussie-fans-an-intimate-workshop-with-richard-fortus-nov-20th-2014

From a post by a forum member ( @rhiad85) who had attended the event and asked Richard a couple of questions:

Some other small bits of info - quoted the “Checkmate” song (aka all cautions made, every chance was given etc), but [Fortus] didn’t recognise it. 

If Richard was honest there, it means either that Hardschool hadn't been revisited for a long time and wasn't considered for the follow-up to CD or that Axl replaced the lyrics with new ones. A third possibility is that Richard didn't pay attention to the lyrics of the songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Imagine being so deluded as to think your personal listening habits are an accurate measurement for the quality of music.

Well...there is a level of worship and appreciation that comes with a massive pile of leaks from a band who has been in lieu of new music for decades. 

You'll inevitably get people who are so happy to have anything - let alone this whole buffet of stuff - that their appreciation is amplified by "how much they've been wanting it." 

I have to agree with the small contingent of people here who find only bits and pieces of these songs worthy. I personally was pretty disappointed in many of the songs - they just didn't measure up...and I guess that makes sense, because they were left off the one and only release that came to define that period of the band.

I think, where the community diverges is the opinion that these songs could be successful today or that they could be valuable pieces of building blocks for songs that the reunited band could build on...

My opinion? Many to most of them should be let go of. You could spend forever working on a particular group of songs (and he has - and then some!) or, you could let go of your bronze prize and try and grab for the silver, gold or platinum. 

I think this Chinese material is cursed in general - it's a product of a time and a creativity that has completely extinguished. If Axl Rose has anything of an artist left in him, he needs to realize that he is under no obligation to forever work on something he started twenty years ago. 

If he were to start fresh, I really believe that he would be more successful in completing songs. I think the Chinese material comes with a curse of in-completion. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

Well...there is a level of worship and appreciation that comes with a massive pile of leaks from a band who has been in lieu of new music for decades. 

You'll inevitably get people who are so happy to have anything - let alone this whole buffet of stuff - that their appreciation is amplified by "how much they've been wanting it." 

I have to agree with the small contingent of people here who find only bits and pieces of these songs worthy. I personally was pretty disappointed in many of the songs - they just didn't measure up...and I guess that makes sense, because they were left off the one and only release that came to define that period of the band.

I think, where the community diverges is the opinion that these songs could be successful today or that they could be valuable pieces of building blocks for songs that the reunited band could build on...

My opinion? Many to most of them should be let go of. You could spend forever working on a particular group of songs (and he has - and then some!) or, you could let go of your bronze prize and try and grab for the silver, gold or platinum. 

I think this Chinese material is cursed in general - it's a product of a time and a creativity that has completely extinguished. If Axl Rose has anything of an artist left in him, he needs to realize that he is under no obligation to forever work on something he started twenty years ago. 

If he were to start fresh, I really believe that he would be more successful in completing songs. I think the Chinese material comes with a curse of in-completion. 

OK Slashite.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

So you’re saying there are versions of these songs that exist with lyrics and vocals? How do u know?

The leak for Quick Song has guide vocals from Axl so we can only assume he managed to write and record lyrics in the last 19 years. And he mentioned recording vocals for Soul Monster, so therefore a version with lyrics must exist.

Edited by axlsalinger

22 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

So you’re saying there are versions of these songs that exist with lyrics and vocals? How do u know?

Axl said the lyrics for Oklahoma were about a moment during his court case the day following the Oklahoma city bombing, or something like that. The title was also changed to Berlin by 2008. He also said he recorded vocals for Soul Monster on a Christmas eve (probably 2004).

It can be assumed that Quick Song has a finished vocal track since Axl seemed to have the basic melody figured out in 2000, and he mentioned it among the 'confirmed' songs during the 2008 chats.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 hour ago, axlsalinger said:

The leak for Quick Song has guide vocals from Axl so we can only assume he managed to write and record lyrics in the last 19 years. And he mentioned recording vocals for Soul Monster, so therefore a version with lyrics must exist.

He even performed soulmonster on christmas eve, a few years ago...