2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

That picture came Bird. He sent me pictures of paintings, Song list, and told me about the hard drive with over 600 songs. He didn't pay 100K on the locker. I was actually informed that he made close or over 100K off the locker. 

So this was all bullshit? Or he is bullshitting now?

Who in 2001/2002 used an external hard drive anyways? They were not exactly in common use then, nor were flash drives. Unless someone had other media they later backed up from that era onto an external drive years later. CD-Rs and other media were more popular, like ZIP drives.

• Like 1

It never sounded right to me that he had all these songs with vocals. When Axl said 48 songs I always interpreted that as when Slash/Duff said they had 70 songs completed in 1996. Obviously Axl did not write lyrics to 70 songs in 1995/1996. I think Axl meant there were 48 instrumentals he intended to use.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Not able to listen to the pod right now can someone offer a summery?

Massive troll by Bird trying to get the $3k he alleges Rick still owes him. He does NOT possess a HD.

BUT....... 

It transpires that Zutaut does had a HD but says he would never leak them 😬

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The last episode of the storage podcast: https://anchor.fm/Storagediaries.com/episodes/Part-3-Final-Episode-So-you-wanna-be-a-rockstar-ecj6bm

There is no hard-drive full of songs and videos lol.

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

Lol. It basically boils down to:

“The hdd is empty. GN’R fans suck. I’m out.” 

6 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Not able to listen to the pod right now can someone offer a summery?

Just listened. See the two quotes above. That's literally all there is to know. 

• Like 1

400 more Village Cds are in the hands of one person. The hard drive was real... Bird never got it once the media picked up the story. Go buy a car in Georgia for more info. Zutaut lost his storage locker for $100. The Storage unit never called to inform Zutaut. Bird got the locker and made over 100k. Now the Storage company has a lawsuit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Re: The guitar solo on Perhaps

There's not much evidence to actually prove that Brian May plays the solo on this track, I think this rumor started when Rick said so on a forum post a while back. I've seen some say that the date next to Perhaps on the CD case being the same as Atlas and Catcher suggest that May is on the track as well, but there's a pretty long list of other tracks dated 3/27/00:

- Prostitute

- Quick Song

- State of Grace

- IRS

Unless you think May is somehow playing on these tracks as well, that's not a really good arguing point. I messaged Rick a while back on Discord about this and he told me that the CD itself was marked "Brian May Mixes", which could really just be talking about Atlas and Catcher instead. Just wanted to bring this back up because I haven't seen many people talk about this, it could easily be Robin playing the solo.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Is anyone else hearing that Tom might be up for trading for UYI mixes or am I hearing him wrong?

Where are you hearing this? And what mixes I wonder - copies of the ones Slash had before the keyboards etc were added? 🤔

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

This Bird guy seems like a real ray of sunshine.

I mean he's dealing with GnR fans, what did he expect? This isn't a storage unit filled with old furniture and clothes from some old person. 

That's the thing though; no one expects fans to act the way hardcore GN'R fans act. Sounds, to me at least, like he was genuinely shocked by the GNR fan community that he's dealt with. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Creed said:

Tom ist talking about mixes by Bob whatever? Never knew that someone else mixed UYI. I like Tom, but i think he did sell his storage to Bird ;) it was the only legal way for him to sell that stuff...

Bob Clearmountain - pretty sure his mixes were rejected early doors. Would be great to hear them. 👍

According to Wikipedia he mixed 21 tracks but was fired as he was looking to make changes to Sorums drums via samples?!

Edited by DTJ80

22 minutes ago, Creed said:

Tom ist talking about mixes by Bob whatever? Never knew that someone else mixed UYI. I like Tom, but i think he did sell his storage to Bird ;) it was the only legal way for him to sell that stuff...

Yup, I think there’s more to this than we are being told. Just hope this music finds its way out soon, sure would be a good way to see this corona shite out