2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just going by what I was told. I know everyone has a "reliable source" these days, but mine is pretty darn reliable and I'm told Quick Song, Perhaps, Nothin, Eye On You and State Of Grace all have vocals. 

Can't forget Seven.

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just going by what I was told. I know everyone has a "reliable source" these days, but mine is pretty darn reliable and I'm told Quick Song, Perhaps, Nothin, Eye On You and State Of Grace all have vocals. 

Yup — and we’ve heard some of the vocals from State of Grace thus far. Hopefully, the rest of these trickle out.

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hmm... I hadn't heard that one had vocals. But OK, add it to the list! Lol

I figure the Beltrami songs all had vox recorded, plus Brain gave big praise for the song's bridge & chorus in an interview a while back..it's just a mystery on what the song is.  :P

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's a difference between vocals and lyrics though. 

40 minutes ago, Lio said:

^^ Don't know if it helps, but here's where we got the Perhaps - 3rd Brian May song, I believe.

I always remember an article I read years back mentioning an untitled (as in the title wasn't mentioned) 3rd Brian May track, but I can't think of where I saw it, it's been driving me nuts. I think it may have been a Zutaut interview or something. @Blackstar, @SoulMonster, could you help me out?

1 hour ago, zombux said:

no, my question was how do we know for sure that May is playing at Perhaps (and also at Atlas)?

I believe when Brian confirmed it was him on Catcher he mentioned Atlas as a song he laid a solo down for. During the forum chats in 2008, Axl said he was unsure Brian would appear on the final version of the song. And now hearing the track, the end of the solo with the overlaid guitars is 100% him. The rest of the solo, I’m not so sure is Brian. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I meant lyrics, not gibberish / place holders. 

As far as I know KOHD and Perhaps are the only ones with actual lyrics. The rest are mumbling or instrumental. I guess we'll see if they ever leak. 

Edited by Jw224

6 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

As far as I know KOHD and Perhaps are the only ones with actual lyrics. The rest are mumbling or instrumental. I guess we'll see if they ever leak. 

Quick song is meant to have lyrics. I assume that name is a placeholder tho

13 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I sure hope Oklahoma leaks.

One of the first tracks we heard about back in the day.

I want to hear all this stuff but Oklahoma from those cd's is meant to be instrumental. 

Give me stuff with vocals first!! 

On 9/10/2019 at 8:50 AM, RussTCB said:

It's really all they have left that they (the hoarders) perceive to have value. 

They're holding on to things that literally no one cares about; the VMA rehearsals being the last of it. Even this latest round of "19 CDs" really doesn't have that much value because there's such a small amount of songs with vocals and we've already heard 3 of them in full. 

LOL, I love that line! Sharing the music might hurt the band, but charging fans for leaks somehow doesn't hurt the band... 

What’s the 3rd song with vocals?

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Honesty, that’s a lot of close to finished songs for 1999-2001. I know we hate on Axl, but Axl and new GnR were quite productive in this time period (to my surprise). Just too bad they didn’t release something then!

It will be interesting to piece together what happened, in terms of new songs and/or vocals, between 2001 and 2006. 

There are things on these CD's from before and after Rock in Rio 3 right? 

This was taken from an interview done just after RIR3 in January 2001

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37

With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse

It seems pretty much accepted that The General is about at least in parts child abuse, so isn't it likely that one of the songs ogf these CD's is actually the General under a different name?.

If so it will be without the work done to it by Beltrami who added his stuff in 2002.

My guess would be Devious Bastard.

12 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

There are things on these CD's from before and after Rock in Rio 3 right? 

This was taken from an interview done just after RIR3 in January 2001

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37

With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse

It seems pretty much accepted that The General is about at least in parts child abuse, so isn't it likely that one of the songs ogf these CD's is actually the General under a different name?.

If so it will be without the work done to it by Beltrami who added his stuff in 2002.

My guess would be Devious Bastard.

Didn’t Brain say tho that he and his friend came up with the title The General as soon as they wrote the music which Axl later added lyrics too? Maybe Axl changed it to Devious Bastard and then realized it was a stupid name and changed it back to The General.

• Like 1