CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I second this

We've seen the requests, the queries, the demands. Please, Chairman, where do we stand? We've told you before, you'll definitely get yours. Its just right now we're looking inside some long sealed doors. To bring comfort to you in your time of aural need. We've put together this new rhyming screed. Eight days at max is when we'll deliver. If earlier we can, we'll pull that trigger. We've never broken our word, or violated our vow. Its not a pattern that we're starting now. We wanted you to know, that we understand the frustration of not having new goods from this band. Our delay may be brief, or it may be eight days. But at the cessation of that, no more delays. Completionists don't worry, you'll fill that list gap. With, among other things, much better quality MacDaddy rap. When you hear from us next, that day will be good. In the meantime just think of the tales of Robin Hood. We take from the rich, the hoarders who store. And peel back the layers to bring ever more. Rumors abound, of hard drives galore. A fascinating story, of that we are sure. Trust us to know the spyglass is out. When "Land Ahoy" shouted, we'll bring 'er about. Looking for treasure, is after all, what we do. The goal of course being, to bring it to you. So for this delay, you've nothing to worry But as they would say in a Canadian accent,we truly are sorry. Cordially, The Chairman

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Why don't the leaker say exactly what else is to be leaked? 

I dont understand this 8 days wait too. I mean, why? 

Why dont you become a leaker yourself so you can follow your own ruled and do things your way???

Lol, relax, the leaker is extremely generous and has given the music community a treasure trove. He/they dont owe us anything. Nothing to complain about here :)

Edited by ax1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, ax1 said:

Why dont you become a leaker yourself so you can follow your own ruled and do things your way???

Lol, relax, the leaker is extremely generous and has given the music community a treasure trove. He/they dont owe us anything. Nothing to complain about here :)

I'm cool, thanks for your consideration. 

I was just asking, not complaining. The guy either have it or not. I just don't understand the need for tease people like that. I mean, don't we get enough drama with the fake insiders and even the band itself?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm cool, thanks for your consideration. 

I was just asking, not complaining. The guy either have it or not. I just don't understand the need for tease people like that. I mean, don't we get enough drama with the fake insiders and even the band itself?

Got it sorry,

My understanding was they wanted to pressure someone to release the VMA (did I spell that right anyone?) rehearsals from 2002 who was hoarding it. It seems like they wanted to bring attention to that yet still not deprive us all of that disc #2 long term. Wasnt so much to tease us all. Wish that VMA rehearsal comes out myself as us all :)

Edited by ax1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ax1 said:

Got it sorry,

My understanding was they wanted to pressure someone to release the VMA (did I spell that right anyone?) rehearsals from 2002 who was hoarding it. It seems like they wanted to bring attention to that yet still not deprive us all of that disc #2 long term. Wasnt so much to tease us all. Wish that VMA rehearsal comes out myself as us all :)

No problem, its all good.

IMO, I also dont understand the expectation to the VMA 2002 rehearsal. Seems like just a regular rehearsal with the band playing the WTTJ-Madagascar-PC medley, nothing more. 

20 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

This sucks....all these instrumentals with no vocals..outside of hearing those with vocals..6 new songs with vocals this decade is a real joke...we should expect more!

You can “expect” all you want. And that’s cool, but you’re only going to “receive” whatever it is that’s actually in possession. You get what you get. Be grateful for that. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
51 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

This sucks....all these instrumentals with no vocals..outside of hearing those with vocals..6 new songs with vocals this decade is a real joke...we should expect more!

Your gonna have to ask Axl to dig into his personal vault for that one. Id have no problem buying stuff like this and putting money in Axl's pocket to add to my collection.

Lets all be grateful the fanbase got their hands on music and put it out for all of us to listen, we now have so much more after a decade than nothing at all, which is the way it was supposed to be.

Edited by ax1
1 hour ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

lolwut. 

You know these leaks were never intended to be heard, right? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

You can expect all you want. Axl is under zero obligation to deliver, no matter how bad we want it.  I get fan frustration, I really do. GnR delivered one of the most important albums of all-time and for studio output to fizzle out as it has sucks.  It's almost unimaginable that a band as big as GnR were at the their peak to put out only one album of new material from 1992 - today, but here we are.  We should have had another half dozen albums, but we haven't. That's the reality.  Enjoy the leaks.  Two months ago we had nothing in 11 years. But we should be happy that we have anything at all.  We could live in a world where Appetite never happened. 

Just wondering...what is in the world is so special about the 2002 VMA rehearsals?? Considering that performance was basically a disaster in the end for Axl. But at least it produced this great bit of stand-up comedy from Patton Oswalt.......

Edited by papashaun
found source link
On 9/29/2019 at 7:33 AM, TheSeeker said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People's_Republic

I sense a theme here with the album titles

I speculated in another thread that Axl might have renamed Oklahoma to "Berlin" because he wanted that to be the title of the third album

Between "Chinese Democracy", "PRL", "Madagascar" and "Berlin" - Axl was really into the fall of Communism

Great find

28 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Just wondering...what is in the world is so special about the 2002 VMA rehearsals?? Considering that performance was basically a disaster in the end for Axl. But at least it produced this great bit of stand-up comedy from Patton Oswalt.......

I remember as it happened on TV back in '02, I had no idea and was shocked...In no way did I considered it a "disaster" as it happened, it was a fun performance and it introduced me to Buckethead who stole the show. Axl had a new look, his voice was noticeable not there but I didnt really care, it was him and my favorite front man was performing again (note, I had no idea about Brazil prior, etc...pre-internet days for me) I dunno it was one of the most memorable moments in GNR history for me (memorable, not necessarily the best.)

It was a moment of extreme optimism for me, the only disaster was 6 more years until CD.

Edited by ax1