2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 minutes ago, Burroughs said:

One thing about 2002, maybe off topic or not too much, any of y aready seen any pic, video of the CD artwork that axl presents to the  audience in Summer Sonic Festival? Is it the same art of the final 2008 CD? GNR On Tour says The artwork is black and white and features a bicycle, with a wall behind it that someone painted with “Guns N’ Roses!!” . Very close to the final one. I Remember of a pic that circulated in the web before the album release, probably fanmade, don't remember.

This one right?  I remember when the official art was revealed in 2008, thinking how close this one got to it:

chinese+democracy.png

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

This one right?  I remember when the official art was revealed in 2008, thinking how close this one got to it:

chinese+democracy.png

Right that, thought the same about the similarity. Never found the one shown in the concert. Summer Sonic was in three days and there's almost nothing of this first day of the artwork presented.

Edited by Burroughs

3 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Thinking again about the PRL title... I can't remember who said it, whether it was that $3P guy or some other "source", but I'm sure PRL was said to stand for something along the lines of 'Perception Reality Life' (I can't remember what the exact words were) which doesn't sound too far fetched. Or I could just be remembering some misinformation pulled from the ass of the Atlist troll. Regardless, a phrase coined/thought up by Axl himself or an acronym of lyrics would probably be the most obvious option. Alternatively, other options could be:

In the medical field, PRL is used as an abbreviation for prolactin, the hormone that promotes breast growth and produces milk for feeding. For a song/album title, this could be used in relation to women or could even be used as a symbol of mother nature. It could even be in reference to it's relevance to sex hormones/sex steroids, although this is more of a stretch.

There is also the Port Rail Line in Hong Kong, which could have links to both Atlas Shrugged in particular and the Chinese theme in general. This is less likely, however, as although the ups and downs of the Hong Kong freight transport market is relevant to the themes in Atlas the book, the book is largely unrelated to the song itself, and is a pretty random thing to associate with as the follow up to Chinese Democracy.

PRL would also be an acronym for a vast amount of research laboratories (may or may not be relevant).

Any of this would be more likely than a by then defunct Polish political regime. 'Berlin' as the third title of this supposed politics trilogy, as has been suggested, is also a stretch, especially as Axl said that Chinese Democracy was simply an interesting concept/oxymoron rather than a political statement.

Or it could even be named after a completely meaningless title for a Pitman fart loop, and for all we know could stand for some random nonsense like Pitman Reed Lebeis, making all this speculation a waste of time. :lol:

I think it was 'Perhaps Reimagined Life' or something like that. I've thought about it a lot but no one else seems to bring it up so I was starting to think it was a dream I had hah.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

chinese+democracy.png

Didn't someone from CD.COM make that years back, could be wrong but there was an "insider" doing artwork on there & think this is his work.

1 hour ago, jdfdemocracy said:

Finally almost have my remaster of eye on you complete still needs a little work but no more Mac Daddy.

I'm calling it EyeOnYouSe7en 😉

Why remove the best part of the song? :blink:

12 hours ago, SonofaGun said:

Wow. Listening to my favorite song -The Blues on CD Mix 1......incredible. The guitar sounds more free!

It’s a shame they re-worked it on the album, the final version is pretty bland and mediocre compared to the Blues demo, which would have been a highlight of the album had they kept it how it was, that mini guitar riff part just elevates the whole song

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

You could say that about a lot of these leaks ... Think the strongest theory is the "trilogy" concept

This. But man, Atlas Shrugged, Hard School, Oklahaoma, Me & My Elvis, Quick Song, Perhaps, State Of Grace, Eye On You, Zodiac. Throw in General and maybe Silkworms. That's 11 tracks already. So you pretty much have a second album right there. If you combine that bunch and Chinese Democracy, they could've just gone with 2 albums of 12 songs each AND leave out Scraped as an added bonus. Maybe throw in Oh My God somewhere too. 

Could've both been released before 2002 was over. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

100%. These leaks make clear that Axl was holding back the best for last, with the intention of each album being better than the last.

It's interesting too how CD '08 ended up being an amalgamation of the entire sessions ('98-'07) but still left as only a "Part 1" so to say .. Would have been amazing for the band to have had an '00 release .. '02 release .. then an '04 release .. After that .. The NuGuns with Bucket Brain Finck etc could have continued making kickass music throughout the decade .. the CD tour for the whole trilogy could have been finished & wrapped up before 2008 ...

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • GNFNR 1

After a few weeks of soaking in the new leaks (with Axl), I'd say Atlas is my favorite.  Especially that first verse...really makes the song for me.  Maybe more complete/reworked versions of Hard School or SOG could become better, but as they stand, Atlas is my favorite.  I like the way Axl sings in Perhaps, but I don't really like the melody; there's something I can't put my finger on.  It's very boy band-y.

As we wait for Rough Mixes 2 to finally leak, I thought it'd be fun to revise my Village Sessions "box set" of all the leaks from this year (I chose to keep the pre-album leaks and the remixes as separate entities).

Disc 1: The Lost Album

1.Hardschool (RM3) 2.Atlas Shrugged (RM1) 3.Perhaps (RM1) 4.State of Grace (RM3) 5.Silkworms (RM1) 6.The General (Evader Remix) 7.Quick Song (w/Vocals) 8.Nothing 9.Going Down (2002) 10.Tommy Demo One 11.Eye On You 12.KOHD (Acoustic)

Disc 2: Alternates & Instrumentals

1.Atlas Shrugged (RM160) 2.Riad N' the Bedouins (RM1) 3.Street of Dreams (RM1) 4.Three-Dollar Pyramid (Take 2) 5.Quick Song (Full Instrumental) 6.Zodiac 7.Berlin 8.Prom Violence (Take 3) 9.Curly Shuffle 10.Soul Monster

Disc 3: More Instrumentals

1.Dub Suplex 2.Devious Bastard 3.D-Tune 4.The Rebel 5.Inside Out (Remix w/ fixed glitches + fadeout added) 6.Circus Maximus 7.Thyme 8.PRL 9.Billionaire 10.As It Began

Disc 4: 2000 Intentions

1.Chinese Democracy (w/Freese) 2.IRS (RM3) 3.Street of Dreams (first leak from this year) 4.There Was A Time (RM1) 5.Catcher in the Rye (RM1) 6.Atlas Shrugged (Drums Up) 7.Riad N' the Bedouins (w/Freese) 8.Going Down (Tommy Only) 9.Three-Dollar Pyramid (Take 1) 10.Prostitute (Version 2)

The only "new" song I haven't added yet is Dummy... Can't fucking stand that one...

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Thanks 1