2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, WhazUp said:

The cell phone after-party recording is the only "actual" clip of The General out there besides the pre-show orchestra parts from it that were played in various shows in the 2000's

The 2 minute clip is definitely the Evader mix

I haven't even been bothered listening to the evader thing as it doesn't interest me at all, but the amount of times I see people asking about it or getting confused that it's real GnR frustrating. 

14 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I haven't even been bothered listening to the evader thing as it doesn't interest me at all, but the amount of times I see people asking about it or getting confused that it's real GnR frustrating. 

The Evader clip is definitely very well done and it sounds cool, however yeah I am surprised that there are such vast amounts of people getting fooled by it - there have been even on Reddit countless threads made over the last year of "guys I found The General on Youtube!" and it was the Evader mix lol.  

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

The suspense......AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!

The silence regards #2 cd is deafening.  Looks likes nothings happening.

Oh well, the locker leaks was a wild ride that had me obsessively checking mygnr forum and wearing my favourite CD skull tour shirt at every opportunity. 

Maybe, something could happen to coincide with the release of T3 movie later this month?

Edited by jimisbatman

11 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

So after the dust has settled, the only songs from this era that are unaccounted for in some kind of listenable form are:

-Down By the Ocean

-Ides of March

-Seven

Unless they're on the locker discs under a different name

Seven is reportedly Dub Suplex. Take it with a grain of salt....

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

So after the dust has settled, the only songs from this era that are unaccounted for in some kind of listenable form are:

-Down By the Ocean

-Ides of March

-Seven

Unless they're on the locker discs under a different name

Ides is probably Maximus.

what does everyone think the chairman will have in store for us next? VMAs 2002 Rehearsal? The 2010 album?

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ides is probably Maximus.

I doubt that very much. People who say that because they both have Greek-related names are clutching at straws. By that logic, The General is just an updated version of Civil War.

I'd also be willing to bet big money that Me & My Elvis is not Soul Monster either. The fact that they both (at one point) had Elvis in the title means nothing. There are literally two different tracks that are both called Tonto, so it wouldn't be at all unusual. And Tonto is also Spanish for Dummy, yet we know that those are two different tracks also (three, if you count the Fortus track).

People are only saying these things because they are desperate for there to be as little unheard material as possible. Again, I'd be willing to bet that none of the remaining titles we have left to hear are working titles for any of the locker tracks and vice versa.

People need to stop making so many assumptions, and in the process, creating and spreading misinformation. We've already enough of that shit, surely. It's dumb.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I doubt that very much. People who say that because they both have Greek-related names are clutching at straws. By that logic, The General is just an updated version of Civil War.

I'd also be willing to bet big money that Me & My Elvis is not Soul Monster either. The fact that they both (at one point) had Elvis in the title means nothing. There are literally two different tracks that are both called Tonto, so it wouldn't be at all unusual. And Tonto is also Spanish for Dummy, yet we know that those are two different tracks also (three, if you count the Fortus track).

People are only saying these things because they are desperate for there to be as little unheard material as possible. Again, I'd be willing to bet that none of the remaining titles we have left to hear are working titles for any of the locker tracks and vice versa.

People need to stop making so many assumptions, and in the process, creating and spreading misinformation. We've already enough of that shit, surely. It's dumb.

I would say elvis is soulmonster, Axls description meets the song

Just now, Azifwekare said:

I thought we would know better, considering all the descriptions we've had over the years that we now know to be nonsense.

Glam November Rain, anyone?

Myself @ZoSoRoseand @Wagszillahave discussed that a lot lately.

Every single person who heard these tracks ahead of time with either an idiot or tone deaf or both. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I thought we would know better, considering all the descriptions we've had over the years that we now know to be nonsense.

Glam November Rain, anyone?

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Good point.

There was also Baz describing both Sorry and The General as “doom metal.” :lol:

To be fair, tho, some descriptions have been accurate (like the description saying that Quicksong sounded like Teen Spirit).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Myself @ZoSoRoseand @Wagszillahave discussed that a lot lately.

Every single person who heard these tracks ahead of time with either an idiot or tone deaf or both. 

I hear the Nirvana description and electronic description for Quicksong and Zodiac 

Atlas' description was totally off. Reminds me more of Yesterdays than NR

• Like 1

@axlrosefan4life hey Rick, are you able to confirm if the entirety of the material inside the sold locker is out there now with this latest leak?  I remember you mentioning 20 discs when this all started with AFD re-recorded in its entirety being part of it, it made me curious if this 20th disc with Appetite has been purposely withheld from the rest of the content being distributed..or if the Jungle/Knockin disc was all that was to be had.

I don't think Baz is too far off with his descriptions of songs, but he was definitely exaggerating to make them sound a lot bigger than what they were.  :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gackt said:

@axlrosefan4life hey Rick, are you able to confirm if the entirety of the material inside the sold locker is out there now with this latest leak?  I remember you mentioning 20 discs when this all started with AFD re-recorded in its entirety being part of it, it made me curious if this 20th disc with Appetite has been purposely withheld from the rest of the content being distributed..or if the Jungle/Knockin disc was all that was to be had.

I don't think Baz is too far off with his descriptions of songs, but he was definitely exaggerating to make them sound a lot bigger than what they were.  :P

The last disk was ritz 88 

• Like 2