CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

These emails would definitely be damaging if they got out, and could possibly cause friction within the current lineup. But then again, after all the shit the fanbase has been through, these last few years especially, fuck this band and their shitty "management".

Just now, Azifwekare said:

These emails would definitely be damaging if they got out, and could possibly cause friction within the current lineup. But then again, after all the shit the fanbase has been through, these last few years especially, fuck this band and their shitty "management".

"If"? Are they out there or no? 

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Just the table of contents and the Better video treatment so far, at least that's what publicly leaked today.

Gotcha. OK. Well I for one hope no personal emails get leaked. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music.

But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am about what it is in them, I think making them public crosses a line.

Agreed 100%

I won't read Axl's autobiography, or any of the emails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, downzy said:

Let's just make this clear.

We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to respect our privacy we will extend the same courtesy to anyone involved with GNR.

We kindly "ask" that members do not provide any information of the contents within private documents.  This includes summaries, quotations, descriptions or anything of the kind.  

Failure to abide by this rule will result in a warning point and a seven day suspension.

We appreciate your cooperation on this matter.  

I think this is the right thing to do, nice one guys :) I've suggested the same policy to the other staff on Gnr Evo to see if they'll follow suit too. Doesn't feel right that private emails should be leaked, and this definitely crosses a line.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to respect our privacy we will extend the same courtesy to anyone involved with GNR.

We kindly "ask" that members do not provide any information of the contents within private documents.  This includes summaries, quotations, descriptions or anything of the kind.  

Failure to abide by this rule will result in a warning point and a seven day suspension.

Just for clarification, what if some of this stuff comes up in passing? Say for example:

"Oh yeah, so and so was going to be on CD2"

"How do you know that?"

"Uhhh... I'm not allowed to say..."

Or what if Axl's book leaks, or anything similar that may be included, are we not allowed to mention any previously unknown events in the band's history that it could reveal? I just want to know where we stand.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

Just for clarification, what if some of this stuff comes up in passing? Say for example:

"Oh yeah, so and so was going to be on CD2"

"How do you know that?"

"Uhhh... I'm not allowed to say..."

Or what if Axl's book leaks, or anything similar that may be included, are we not allowed to mention any previously unknown events in the band's history that it could reveal? I just want to know where we stand.

This; I'd like to know if a document comes out that gives information regarding Chinese 2 such as a tracklist (Cuban Skies, anyone?) if we need to be silent about it because it came from a leaked email.  Same goes for the other tame things, like music video ideas and Axl detailing his album plans.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, downzy said:

As a reminder to anyone hoping for these emails to leak, please save yourself some trouble and read the post above. 

4 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

I think it’s hypocritical for people to say it’s ok to leak music because it’s music but it’s not ok to leak emails because they are private. If GnR wanted none of it public, why isn’t it the same?

Honestly, there’s not much difference. If anything the music leaking does more damage monetary.